Lighting engine

I put together a lighting engine this week.  It took a lot of coding before I could really test anything.

My first test effort I just rendered things as boxes to ensure that I even had the correct data.

Next I did some ray casting so I could see if I got that working.

Lastly I rendered those rays using a triangle fan.

I found that the CPU was being maxed out pretty bad, it turns out my first step (showing the boxes) was using the most. So I turned those off and things ran at a nice clip.

-Phil

 

More from philhassey.com

Jan 20
Lighting engine
Jan 15
BREAK(re)WIND
Jan 10
Time rewinding fire effect
Jan 6
Nifty time rewinding star field
Jan 31
TANKOUT everyone in my crazy new game!

Featured Game



BREAKFINITY
 

Goat-O-Rama