Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 5 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Desktop :: Mods :: Level playing field

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

Level playing field :: Feb 8, 2008 @ 3:35pm

Ensign blowfish

I was playing galcon the other day with someone and I noticed we were rather evenly matched.  When he got a good start (that is, began the game surrounded by big planets with single-digit numbers in them) he won.  When I got a good start, I won.

I'm wondering, and I apologize for wasting your time if this has already been jabbered to death, why not make the field level.  One example of a level field would be planets all the same size and rate of production and all equidistant.  That would eliminate the element of luck.

Comments please.
Re: Level playing field :: Feb 8, 2008 @ 3:46pm

Ensign SirGnip

There is a mod that has been written called "symmetry" that does this very thing. It creates a symmetrical playing field.  However, this only allows you to play against bots and not humans.

You can download the mod from the stick topic: "Download mods from here..."
Re: Level playing field :: Jul 15, 2008 @ 5:57pm

Ensign dotz

I was playing galcon the other day with someone and I noticed we were rather evenly matched.  When he got a good start (that is, began the game surrounded by big planets with single-digit numbers in them) he won.  When I got a good start, I won.

I'm wondering, and I apologize for wasting your time if this has already been jabbered to death, why not make the field level.  One example of a level field would be planets all the same size and rate of production and all equidistant.  That would eliminate the element of luck.

Comments please.

he... I can relate to that. I always lose due to a poor start.

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.