Galcon 2: 35 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [ANCIENT] Desktop :: Mods :: new mod idea

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

new mod idea :: Jul 26, 2008 @ 1:50pm

Cabin Boy klawansky

What do you think if there was a mod that made everyone not you one single color with no way of knowing who is who?  Could make for some scary starts.

Michael
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 5, 2009 @ 3:47am

Cabin Boy xora

Hey, I had the same idea!! This could be really fun and avoid teaming.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 5, 2009 @ 8:06am

Cabin Boy txgangsta

people would just ask "ok, now what are your boundaries?" and they'd know it all. Also, people could hide and comeback. You'd never know.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 9:42am

Cabin Boy xora

About people telling their position, first it would be really not accurate, how do you want to describe every one of your planets? And still people could lie on their position... Then indeed people could hide and fight back, but when you hide you don't get much ships so you can t do it for too long anyway...
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 9:57am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
It's an interesting idea, but we're not going to change the multiplayer to include mods.  It would just get too complicated with the rankings and stuff.  

This particular mod would likely only be popular as a novelty anyway, and people would tire of it pretty quickly after a few rounds.  I'm guessing it would only encourage stand-offs (which are troublesome enough as it is!)
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 11:12am

Cabin Boy xora

Yea that's what i thought, mod and mutiplayer may be too complicated...
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 2:47pm

Ensign bmvj

It's an interesting idea, but we're not going to change the multiplayer to include mods.  

Maybe there's a way to make multiplayer games with mods not count towards ranks. Maybe it's not worth discussing since nanno already said " we're not going to change the multiplayer to include mods". But for the sake of conversation I think mods would break up the monotony for some old skool players. We need something new... not that I'm really "old skool". I think a change would be nice.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 4:58pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

I'd be cool, but then Phil would have to work on an old game. And I doubt he finds that as fun as making new games.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 5:48pm

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
Actually, one of the biggest problems in allowing mods for multi-player is security.  I don't know all the details because I don't know anything about computers and programming, but Phil says anything having to do with the net game gets really hairy and becomes a security issue when it's opened up the whole world for modding.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 9:58pm

Ensign bmvj

I'd be cool, but then Phil would have to work on an old game. And I doubt he finds that as fun as making new games.

This is the only game I play. I don't consider myself a "gamer". Actually I make fun of "gamers" most of the time. Maybe I'm just deceiving myself. Criticizing my own fault... yes, gaming is a fault. Doh, there I go again.

Anyway, I only care to make galcon better. Don't care anything about new games.
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 6, 2009 @ 10:00pm

Ensign bmvj

but Phil says anything having to do with the net game gets really hairy and becomes a security issue   

I bet he could fix it if he wanted to. I dare you Phil. Put all your effort into galcon and forget those other games.

I really have a problem don't I? What ever happened to that galcon 12 step program? Did it ever get started up?
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 7, 2009 @ 5:51pm

Ensign blacklingo

I think that program needs to get started up. hmmmm linear algebra or galcon, awww the midterms not till tomorrow I can play...
Re: new mod idea :: Mar 7, 2009 @ 6:38pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

linear algebra, lucky...
Re: new mod idea :: Apr 8, 2009 @ 12:24pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

@nanno please tell phil to focus on galcon! galcon is his crown jewel! i mean, sure, he can work on new games, but please tell him not to forget his crowning achievement, galcon. and games like age of empires allow multiplayer with ranking with CUSTOM maps... so it can't be THAT hard... i'll even volunteer to do research on the matter if you/he wants. improve galcon, but with a focus on improving the multiplayer aspect since no one plays single player mode really. thanks.

@blacklingo GALCON, of course!!
you can do it just don't sleep like i don't and you'll have enough time xD

@bmvj i really need that 12-step program too... :( ... there have been nights when i've actually only dreamt about galcon... played games against others in my sleep... literally... i need help ;x
post updated on Apr 8, 2009 @ 12:27pm

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.