Galcon 2 launched on Desktop and Steam and the iOS App Store! 271 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Strategy :: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board

You must sign in to post.

Page 12 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:38am

Cabin Boy jackalope

post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:38am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:43am

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

diebkstabber said...

I think if we just break Steve.jobs galcon finger, everything will be solved!!.

Discussing fair stats, fair play, etc: All good. 

Making threats to do bodily harm: out of bounds 

If and when I switched teams it is to pair with a player who uses my strategies. I don't care if they are a lesser rank (and they often are) some of my favorite players to team with are 3 or 4 ranks under me consistently. And some high rank players use a different strategy than me and we don't play well together. 

Also, I learned early on that if you don't switch yourself then someone you don't play well with will probably switch to you. I took matters into my own hands because I was tired if being switched on by a few persistent players. So yeah, I got good at switching at the last second to protect myself from them. I also thought that was part of the game since it happened to me so regularly. But apparently some of you don't wanna play that game so I'll quit. I'll just leave the room when people start switching from now on. 

Sorry to tick y'all off. 

And diebkstabber?! Not cool at all
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:50am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 12:33pm

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Lol I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, I doubt diebkstabber is about to start roaming the streets, and assaulting galcon team-switchers. (though that would be amusing.)
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:07pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

I can appreciate sarcasm. I didn't appreciate that kind of sarcasm. Internet's full of nuts who might actually do stuff like that.

And this is the first time I've been on the forums for months so you can imagine my surprise.

By the way, jazz' current ranking system puts me on top of 1v2 and 1v1 in the 2v2 ranks. That does a bit to back up my claim that I do well teamed with those who use the same strategy, namely myself, who knows my strategy best ;) those of you who know me know that even when paired against two high ranked players I prefer to be pitted against them in a 3 player 2v2

I'm done switching. Just gonna be boring as h-e-l-l waiting to play in rooms that don't have switchers or weak players in them

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=2v2_3p 

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=2v2_2p
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:11pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:09pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

nobody says that you dont have some skills steve.jobs but your score is anyway boosted by your switching in last second

and it will be hard for you to find occasion to play if you will leave room where somebody switches
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:16pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:14pm

Ensign diebkstabber

Lighten up, you gotta know that you are the biggest 2v2 team switcher there is. And you number one strategy is to switch the strongest player against you to the weakest. I wouldn't even play in a room with you, because you do it every single time. Very predictable. People like ionizedfire beat people every time, but we all know he isn't underhanded and dirty about it. 

Bottom line you gotta give respect to get respect. At this time you don't have mine. 

P.s. I would never hurt anyone, but I've broken my own fingers before, and it doesn't hurt that bad.
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:21pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:21pm

Cabin Boy jazz

If this is going to devolve into a flame war, please take it out of this thread. 

I respect Steve.Jobs for taking exception to this and making his case.  It is his place to do that.  Likewise for Diebkstabber, though I gotta admit he could have stated his feelings a bit better.

Let it be folks.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:29pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

You gotta give respect to even your foes or they will always remain foes. I never even got a request from you. First I hear from you is a threat like that. If the first thing I'd read was a private message asking me to stop I would have. Apparently I could give you the same advice. Lighten up. I was treating switching like it was just part of the game but you don't want me to be light hearted about that. So you're asking me to lighten up about sarcastic threats but take switching seriously?

How about this? I'll take your request (let's call it that) to stop switching seriously and I'll stop the practice. You take my request not to threaten me seriously. Sounds fair to me.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:32pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

jazz said...
If this is going to devolve into a flame war, please take it out of this thread. .

Let it be folks.

Agreed jazz. Done
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:36pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:34pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

steve.jobs said:
How about this? I'll take your request (let's call it that) to stop switching seriously and I'll stop the practice. You take my request not to threaten me seriously. Sounds fair to me.

"steve.jobs problem" solved :))

i wish goozok now joined the conversation...
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:47pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:43pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

no.yes said...
"steve.jobs problem" solved :))

Haha! Bill Gates would love to be able to say the same
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 1:58pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

You know what would be the sickest addition to galcon?? Realtime audio chat with teamers!! This issue would have been solved immediately. Plus it would be a lot of fun to talk strategy while we are playing!
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:05pm

Cabin Boy zmar01

not all devices have audio input hardware.

and i often play galcon on mute anyway.

Would be fun though

But brings in problems about censoring, 

anyway back on topic.

I really cant see why you want to add some sort of score for your partner's rank.

make some other score up for their skill, (like the score you already have)
But dont use phil's ranks again.

and even if you do implement something like that make it so it doesnt effect your ranks much, as 3/4 of the time (average) isnt going to be you switching
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:11pm

Cabin Boy ionizedfire

You know what would be the sickest addition to galcon?? Realtime audio chat with teamers!! This issue would have been solved immediately. Plus it would be a lot of fun to talk strategy while we are playing!

Lol tinny, strangelove, and I tried this on skype long ago.  It doesn't work :( Most 2v2 games are decided in 15 seconds or less, and there's just not enough time to tell your partner to do something, then do it.  It'd work so you could like tell your partner some general tips to improve their game while playing, but it won't help a ton.  Plus people usually come to chat/post in the forum for strategy help.

Plus tinny's Australian accent was so intriguing that it distracted me from playing and I played horribly.

Btw, I'm leaving galcon for a while guys. Need a long break. Good luck with the ranking system.  See you guys in 1-2 days.
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:14pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:24pm

Cabin Boy zmar01

Need a long break.  See you guys in 1-2 days.

so whats a short break?
an hour?
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:35pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:53pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

I really cant see why you want to add some sort of score for your partner's rank.

make some other score up for their skill, (like the score you already have)
But dont use phil's ranks again.

and even if you do implement something like that make it so it doesnt effect your ranks much, as 3/4 of the time (average) isnt going to be you switching

i dont understand what you are writing here about. we dont have other choice as to use data dumped from phil website as the source, do we? this is what is used by jazz. all APR and AOR calculation must be based on this with the difference that data is collected over longer period than 10 days

also the reason that we use APR (Average Partner Rank) was explained as clearly as I could in one of the posts on page 10 of this thread (the one starting with 'to reiterate..' I called APR there PARTNERS to make it easier to understand
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:05pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:44pm

Cabin Boy jazz

Been thinking a bit about the exponential percents suggested for a change and it suddenly occurred to me that I could easily just adjust the Rank multipliers I'm already using...

Score = WinPercent * Rank * Rank * Rank * Skill

I could instead do this:

Score = WinPercent * Rank * Rank * (Rank + SI) * Skill

If its positive, it would add, and if negative it would subtract.  I would do this to only ONE of the Rank multipliers otherwise it might have an overly drastic effect.  Maybe two of them of it wasn't noticeable enough...

Thoughts?
post updated on Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:46pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:47pm

Cabin Boy zmar01

I mean the whole "rank" part of APR

there can only be 10 ranks. 
So it is inacurate. 
The ranks have weird cut off points. 
the difference between a 1 stripe and a 3 stripe can be 1 game.  
Ranks are kept 10 days these stats are not.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 3:53pm

Admiral quantum

Thanks Steve.jobs for aknowledging our despise of you teamswitching.

You will notice most people in the top 20 switch very little.

Especially when playing other top 20 players. 

Switching is for noobs. Anyway, now we can move on like one big happy galactic family =)
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 29, 2011 @ 4:28pm

Ensign diebkstabber

Ok Steve.jobs your right, I apologize. Just trying to be funny sorry, I'll show a little more respect next time.

Page 12 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

You must sign in to post.