:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (2)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Strategy :: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board

You must sign in to post.

Page 15 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 2:54pm

Captain jazz

thanks JAZZ and esparano (for you brilliant idea)!

I must say that this is the greatest achievement of your scoring system JAZZ! Really revolutional scale achievement. It will impact enourmously galcon etiquette and how enjoable the game is.

Thanks No.Yes!!  As I recall, it was your idea to use Opponent - Partner stats to accomplish this.  So congrats to you as well!  =)

Well done all.  This is what I had hoped for when I started.  A true collaboration of ideas and talent and fun!
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 3:37pm

Ensign esparano

<3 haha. Thanks no.yes, you too. And thanks to jazz again for being so responsive!
It's interesting that many people's scores went down.. Maybe its just because the people here are often high ranked so people switch to their team? 
Also jazz could I see my effective win% stats? Mine was one of the few high-rank scores to go up it seems.. I do make it a point to not press the switch button :)
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 3:42pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 4:12pm

Captain jazz

During some of my experimenting, I discovered that in a few rare cases, a player who played with a GA as a partner and that GA had something like 80% win average due to only having very little games played, boosted this players score waaaay higher then they should have been.  And at the GA level, this made for some very interestingly high Score numbers!!

So as a fix, I decided It would only subtract rather then add.

Think I should let it add as well?
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 4:31pm

Captain jazz

Also jazz could I see my effective win% stats? Mine was one of the few high-rank scores to go up it seems.. I do make it a point to not press the switch button :)

RankNum APW AOW WinPercentModifier
10 26 36 10
9 36 35 -1
8 39 37 -2
7 39 39 0
6 51 45 -6
5 48 48 0
4 61 54 -7
3 50 52 2
2 49 57 8
1 56 62 6

That +10 at the GA level would make your Effective Win % to be 77% at the GA level if I let it.  putting you almost twice the score of IonizedFire.
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 4:33pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 4:51pm

Captain jazz

Now that the numbers are present in the database, I can tweak the formula and see results in a few minutes.  

Would you like me to let it add the modifiers as well so you can see its effect?
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 6:28pm

Cabin Boy ionizedfire

Hmm that's weird. I think some stats got lost. I had like 7 wins and 4 losses against pwn.myself while he was GA in 2v2, and those stats dissappeared.  It wouldn't be a big deal, but it kinda made me go from 250000 to 1000 points against GA...so...yea lol. Where did the games go??
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 7:09pm

Captain jazz

Yea, I saw that too. Got em in my local database but for some reason they aren't showing up here. Odd...  Will dig deeper and find out why.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 7:15pm

Cabin Boy ItaVero

Haha. Finally my true rank shows up in crash. If only I could fix up my %'s.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 7:19pm

Ensign esparano

Hmm that's weird.  I'll have to think about that one.. Maybe it's because rank is to the third power, and win% is also to the third power.  So in the GA column, an increase in win% boosts your score a LOT.  One of my only remaining problems with the formula is that it gives a bit too much emphasis on the higher ranks.  Having 50% wins against a single GA will give you more points than getting 99% wins against 20 red-flags (which in my opinion is ten times as difficult). 

By the way, what is the formula you're using now?
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:47pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:34pm

Ensign esparano

Some odd behavior:
"missing" games, 
unlimited weight,
opponent games not "transferring" to the highest flag 

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=1v1&ranknum=8&alias=esparano1v1 

http://www.galcon.com/iphone/stats.php?name=esparano1v1&gtype=FFA 

Comparing the two-stripe stats, I can see that a lot of games are missing, even though my last game was like 5 days ago. Plus, it doesn't transfer the games against Matty to the GA column.. It leaves them as two-stripe games which murders that entire column.  And on top of that, there is unlimited weight, so the games with Matty count for 91 weight instead of just 7. It made the two-stripe win% go from 80% to 52%...

I think that maybe the missing games are being filed under different flags, so only 5 of the 8 wins against sillybeanj are counted in the two-stripe column.  The other three get stored in the one-stripe stats and don't transfer.

Also a fourth problem: The "number of foes" category can be inaccurate at times.  For example, if I play one opponent for 100 games with 90% wins because that opponent sucks, and then I play 1 game against 20 different opponents each, and lose every one, my score would be really really high.  Because the overall win% would still be 75%, and then number of opponents would boost my score even though I only played each opponent for 1 game.  This basically encourages people to only a few games per opponent, so that their number of foes goes up a lot, and their score increases.
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:47pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:48pm

Captain jazz

Looks like the live database is missing game data between these times:

2011-03-05 15:26:25.000
2011-03-05 17:50:12.000

Which is when IonizedFire and Wallplant played 5 games together at the GA level.  I have the data on my local database, but I'll need to build a way to transfer that specific game data to the hosted one somehow...

I'll let you know when the data is back in its proper places.

If anyone else sees missing data, please let me know so I can verify if it needs to be patched as well.

Edit:

just saw your post esparano.  Thanks.  Seems this problem is bigger then I originally thought.  might be time for a wholesale transfer from my local database to this one....
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:50pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 10:54pm

Ensign esparano

:( That's a pain
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:01pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:01pm

Captain jazz

MASTERY Formula

GameCount / (OpponentCount + OverUnder)

(100 * (OpponentCount + OverUnder) / GameCount) 

WinPercent

/ 3

this part:
GameCount / (OpponentCount + OverUnder)
is to capture the Games Per Opponent number

this part:
(100 * (OpponentCount + OverUnder) / GameCount)
is to capture the Opponents Per Game number

And then both of those are averaged together with the Win Percent, creating a single number that defines diversity, quantity and overall skill into 1 value.

The goal is to even out the differences of the exact scenario you listed above.  So a player with 100 games played against 1 opponent would have a high Games Per Opponent number and a low Opponents per Game number.  Likewise, someone who played tons of people once but never stayed around for more, would have the reverse with high opponents, low games.  It's only the middle group who play lots of games with lots of people that end up with a high value for both of them.
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:55pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:17pm

Captain jazz

SKILL Formula

Skill = OverUnder + (Field * Mastery * WinPercent) / 10000;

Example:

9.1 = 8 + (5 * 40 * 55) / 10000
14.6 = 8 + (30 * 40 * 55) / 10000

This effectively limits the amount of influence the Field column has on a persons score, yet still keeps it part of it.  Also, when you look at the stats, you might notice that the Field column and the Mastery column go in opposite directions to each other, creating a nice balance.
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:46pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:25pm

Captain jazz

OVERUNDER Formula

This is a + or - number created by comparing your Win Percent to ALL of your Opponents Win Percent at the given rank.  If it is a positive number, this means your playing against people below your skill level.  If its negative, it means your playing people above your skill level.

When it is used in both the Mastery and Skill formulas, it must be a positive number, so I set it to 1 when its less then 1,  AND it must not be larger then the OpponentCount number.  This is to ensure both a positive number outcome and that any player with a low opponent count doesn't get overly boosted with a high OverUnder count in their Skill.  Keeping it no greater then the OpponentCount enforces this when dealing with low quantities of games and/or opponents.
post updated on Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:27pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 31, 2011 @ 12:00am

Captain jazz

SCORE Formula

The score for each rank is calculated as such:

WinPercent * Rank * Rank * Rank * Skill

The Rank is the number 1 through 10 which are the 10 flag ranks within Galcon from Pink to Grand Admiral.  They are multiplied together 3 times so that the points awarded will go up dramatically as you play against higher ranked players.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 31, 2011 @ 2:04am

Captain jazz

Missing game data now restored.  It might take up to 24 hours for the stats to adjust however, so be patient.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 31, 2011 @ 8:17am

Captain diebkstabber

This is such an awesome thread, although I don't understand alot of it, it seems to be working great!! The only problem I have with it is that you have to read it every hour or you'll have alot of reading to do, lol
The amount that people are commenting in this thread shows how exciting it is for all of us diehard galcon players. 

I was actually about ready to stop playing, because I was getting tired of the lack of skill involved when people where winning by switching me to weak teams, but this has really relit my enthusiasm!! Thanks so much jazz, and all the rest of the people who contributed to this really fun experiment.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 31, 2011 @ 8:25am

Cabin Boy liron007

Yes awesome thread though i dont understand whats going on here
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Mar 31, 2011 @ 9:18am

Cabin Boy ionizedfire

This is such an awesome thread, although I don't understand alot of it, it seems to be working great!! The only problem I have with it is that you have to read it every hour or you'll have alot of reading to do, lol
The amount that people are commenting in this thread shows how exciting it is for all of us diehard galcon players. 

I was actually about ready to stop playing, because I was getting tired of the lack of skill involved when people where winning by switching me to weak teams, but this has really relit my enthusiasm!! Thanks so much jazz, and all the rest of the people who contributed to this really fun experiment.

I agree, same here. This thread needs to be stickied haha. Stickied on the homepage that is lol.

Page 15 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

You must sign in to post.