Galcon 2: 44 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] iPhone :: Strategy :: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board

You must sign in to post.

Page 18 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 2, 2011 @ 11:14pm

Cabin Boy quantum

Clan: Singularity

That's cool Jazz! 

But Steve.jobs is still a wan ker in my book
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 3, 2011 @ 8:30am

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

Clan: Galconians

And quantum can leap off a bridge. Probably not old enough to get the pun eh quantdumb? Go practice your switching technique and maybe I'll play you a few games of switcharooski... nudge nudge
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 3, 2011 @ 9:28am

Cabin Boy brand

steve.jobs go cry for pie.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 3, 2011 @ 10:01am

Cabin Boy zmar01

My brother. Been playing less than a month reached 2 stripe the other day. 

That's faster than manutd and me. 
(Under new reduced weight ranks.) 

I wouldn't call him a very good player yet. 
But I'm sure he will be up there soon.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 3, 2011 @ 10:08am

Cabin Boy fifty6

Clan: Galconians

btw...  occasionally I let my 5 year old daughter play single player Galcon... and tonight... she beat Grand Admiral level 5 times in a row.  FIVE TIMES IN A ROW!!!

Un stinkin believable.  That little twerp will be beatin me soon! lol

Couldn't be prouder.  =)

haha thats awesome .
thumbs up to little galconite !
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 10:38am

Ensign diebkstabber

Jazz how do you do it!! My 11 and 15 year old boys can't even understand the basic principal of the game, no matter how much I try and school them. She must be a child prodigy, lol

And for the record ( and hopefully it ends it) Steve.jobs IS trying to play more honorably, at least with me. And I give him props for being top of the 2v2 2 player leaderboard ( nobody can accuse him of team switching in that mode) I've stayed out of this since my rude comments, but I felt that needed to be said. Hopefully we can get back on topic now. 

Which is how much we all love jazz!!!
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 11:12am

Cabin Boy toomacho

Clan: Machos

Jazz! You need to have a search icon or something where I can find my account. I can't find my "toomacho" account  anywhere =p.  Lol
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 12:31pm

Cabin Boy ionizedfire

Clan: iElite

#265... :)

Jazz how come I have no stats under 2 player 2v2?
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 1:37pm

Cabin Boy toomacho

Clan: Machos

post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 1:41am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 1:47pm

Cabin Boy jazz

Update time!

I've fixed the bug where there are only 68 2v2_2p players listed.  There are in fact, 2300+ unique players who have played 2v2_2p.  

The bug was that it was only updating the people's stats who were already listed, and failing to add new people as they came on.  

Now fixed.  This one was a major flaw in my process and I apologize for taking so long to fix it.  :( 

Also...

Over the last few days I've been trying to balance the desire to have a longer running game history of over 2+ months of game data, with the inability of my current hosting site to provide enough processing power to make the system run without serious bottlenecks.  As usual, the database I have on my measly ~5 year old 2 core CPU home machine can run circles around the hosting companies servers....  *sigh*

So I've had to compromise.  I will have the hosted system implement a moving 30 day game history, while I continue to work towards increasing the efficiency of data storage and lookup speeds, so it can eventually hold more then 30 days without a problem.

So from today on, the Leader Board will be a moving 30 day history.  The 31st days stats will be archived to a file and removed from the database at midnight.  After that, a database process will fire which will recalculate the stats again.

I'm under some fairly serious time pressure here to get this operational as an on-going automatic no-need-to-do-anything process....  because my wife and I are expecting Twins sometime within the next 2 weeks.  And needless to say...  I wont have much time to spend tweaking and maintaining this for a little while after that.  ;)
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 2:57pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

Hey Jazz, tell the twins to wait a bit, i wanna see these for stats too =)

http://www.galcon.com/forums/33/39/4472/
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 3:12pm

Cabin Boy jazz

Awesome!!!!!!!!!  

....  I'll see what I can do in the time I have....  *sigh*
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 4:20pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

I've fixed the bug where there are only 68 2v2_2p players listed.  There are in fact, 2300+ unique players who have played 2v2_2p.  

The bug was that it was only updating the people's stats who were already listed, and failing to add new people as they came on.

there might be some bug also in showing amount of foes in 1v1 ffa. I had much more foes in last 10 days (see phil ranks) than leaderboard shows for all time (and not updating for few days)

phil ranks:
http://www.galcon.com/iphone/stats.php?name=no.yes&gtype=FFA 

leaderboard:
http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?alias=no.yes
post updated on Apr 4, 2011 @ 9:20pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 4:29pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

post updated on Apr 4, 2011 @ 4:30pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 4, 2011 @ 4:30pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

Jazz! You need to have a search icon or something where I can find my account. I can't find my "toomacho" account  anywhere =p.  Lol

you can easy find your stats by changing url while seeing other player stats. just change last part of url where the alias is.

although search option would be nice addition
post updated on Apr 4, 2011 @ 4:31pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:22am

Cabin Boy jazz

Ok...  I have fixed the 2v2_2p bug.  BIG difference in the leader board!!

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=2v2_2p 

You should see differences in the 2v2_3p and Labs leader boards as well.  The bug affected all boards - it was a small thing, but built up over time.

--
Also, I have now created automated tasks to do almost ALL of the data processing needed to make these leader boards work right.  Heres how it breaks down:

Hourly - last hours game data imported
Every 3 hours - leaderboard stats and positions are updated
Every 12 hours at Midnight and Noon - imported game data is processed and number crunched, taking roughly 6-8 hours to finish for all game types.
Every 24 hours at Midnight - the 31st days records are archived to file and deleted from the database, leaving only the newest 30 days of game data.
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:28am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:31am

Cabin Boy jazz

there might be some bug also in showing amount of foes in 1v1 ffa. I had much more foes in last 10 days (see phil ranks) than leaderboard shows for all time (and not updating for few days)

I was confused by that at first as well.  Phil treats FFA ranks as the combined opponents from 1v1, 3v3, and 4v4.  The Leader Board does not - it treats them as separate gametypes.  So you may see lots more opponents in Phils FFA category then you do in the 1v1 only stats.

As for it not being updated regularly....  that very well may have been the case.  :(  As the database continued to grow and got closer to that 2 months mark of total data, the processes running to calculate all the scores kept taking longer and longer.  Until final, a few of the more popular gametypes just took too long to process and up and quit.

Hence my decision to reduce to the timescale back down to 30 days.
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:34am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:37am

Cabin Boy jazz

So I hope I now have a fully automated system running the Leader Boards.  I can now leave for a few days and not have it blow up on me while I'm unavailable.  ;)

In my remaining time, I'll see what I can do to get the Fusion ranks included as well.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 9:20am

Cabin Boy jazz

Wow!  Some BIIIIIIG changes in the ranks now after the 30 day rule was applied and the 2v2_2p display bug was fixed.  We have more people showing up now, and a lot less older games being used.  Interesting combination of factors here... fascinating to see this thing in action.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 10:14am

Cabin Boy rho

Clan: Prime

why am i that bad in your team-ranking? :( in 2vs2 2 players i'm not bad, but in the total ranking i'm 135^^
http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?alias=rho

Page 18 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

You must sign in to post.