Galcon 2: 45 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] iPhone :: Strategy :: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board

You must sign in to post.

Page 19 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 10:47am

Cabin Boy toomacho

Clan: Machos

Rho don't worry.. I'm # 265. Haha with this ranking system you need to play 1000 a day so you can be on the top 50..regardless if you are good player or not so good player. =p
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:03am

Cabin Boy no.yes

Clan: iElite

I was confused by that at first as well.  Phil treats FFA ranks as the combined opponents from 1v1, 3v3, and 4v4.  The Leader Board does not - it treats them as separate gametypes.

this wasnt the case because i do not play 3v3 and 4v4 ffa

As for it not being updated regularly....  that very well may have been the case.  :(

that was the case - in new 30 days stats everything shows, thanks

now you can take deserved break :) congrats on twins, jazz!
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:06am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:24am

Cabin Boy no.yes

Rho don't worry.. I'm # 265. Haha with this ranking system you need to play 1000 a day so you can be on the top 50..regardless if you are good player or not so good player. =p

you are now #48 in 1v1 and #89 in 2v2.
http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?alias=toomacho 

The database was not updating for some time because of its size as jazz explained.

now that he limited it to last 30 days it should work better.

however, amount of games and foes may still play too much role. paleyas is good example
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:25am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:52am

Cabin Boy jazz

I don't think quantity of games plays very much into the score anymore...

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?alias=im.a.girl 

im.a.girl has played a lot less games, but is still high ranked.  This leader board is ALL about the percentages.

Better yet...  check out j.e.e.n.a!!  290 games played TOTAL!

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?alias=j.e.e.n.a
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:05pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:26pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

"This leader board is ALL about the percentages."

Like it should be. =)
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:27pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:41pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

yes, THE SISTERS (i guess im.a.girl and j.e.e.n.a are sisters) prove that amount of games is not a factor
post updated on Apr 5, 2011 @ 12:47pm
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 7:14pm

Cabin Boy esparano

@ toomacho, you can't expect to play 200 games and suddenly be at the top of the leaderboards.  

# of games isn't really a factor in this leaderboard.  However, the number of foes IS a significant factor, and the more games you play, the more opponents you will meet. The number of opponents is still slightly too influential on the score, but it's come really really far. Is it perfect? no. But it's very good.  It's good enough to the point where Jazz can focus on getting it working automatically, and deal with his twins and all that.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 5, 2011 @ 11:55pm

Cabin Boy jazz

Took a break and had some fun playing games this afternoon.  Definitely worth it.  :)  I wanted to see how the games I played ended up in the system.

What I found was a very cool reminder of why suiciding a higher ranked opponent doesn't work in this new formula...  :)

http://www.galcon.com/iphone/logs.php?gtype=FFA&name=james.digriz&vs=Vectron 

Notice I win against Vectron, a blue flag, 7 to 1.  But those 2 games where sijia1978, a red flag won instead, still actually count as a loss to Vectron in the new leader board.  

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=4v4&ranknum=6&alias=james.digriz 

So my win/loss ratio stands at 7 to 3 instead.

This proves that suiciding the highest rank so both of you lose the game to a lower ranked player...  DOES NOT PAY OFF!

When a ranking system can take that PLUS Team Switching into consideration when determining ranks... you KNOW you have an awesome formula.  

=)
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:10am

Cabin Boy jazz

Likewise...  you see how Konsti-Cheat is in that string of games twice?  
http://www.galcon.com/iphone/logs.php?gtype=FFA&name=james.digriz&vs=Vectron 

Konsti-cheat shows up correctly in the new leader board under the white flag row:

http://toomanywheres.com/galcon/LeaderBoard.aspx?type=4v4&ranknum=4&alias=james.digriz 

Yet... in Phils system, he is nowhere to be found on my page... anywhere!

http://www.galcon.com/iphone/stats.php?name=james.digriz&gtype=FFA 

This is because Phils system only counts opponents who actually won the game you were in...  and does NOT count opponents when they are just merely present but still didn't win.

Again, this shows how Phils current system actually encourages suiciding an opponent.  Because the consequences of that suicide are never evenly applied to all parties.
post updated on Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:12am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:16am

Cabin Boy socratic

Although I don't play currently, Jazz I would like to take a few moments to express my thanks.

There hasn't been much change around here for a year, and then finally a bright man(YOU) decided to finally take initiative. So far your progress on your ranking system is amazing and has no doubt taken much effort. Thank you so much Jazz for helping to enhance the Galcon community whether it was out of your own interest or for the interest of others. 

Thanks to everyone else working on the stuff as well.

You're awesome Jazz or should I say..The_Musician ;)

PS. I just got a bloody nose. :c
post updated on Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:22am
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 1:58am

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

Clan: Galconians

I second that. Thanks for all your effort jazz, musician (are you really a jazz musician by the way??)

I just played some games w/ quantum and he immediately switched to the highest ranked player's team, and did it at the last second too. Hypocritical, ya think?
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 4:13am

Cabin Boy zmar01

make an official team switching thread then
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 4:32am

Cabin Boy quantum

Clan: Singularity

Because it was you douchebag
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 7:40am

Ensign shaddow

Clan: TheNewOrder-

Take out 3v3 stats in the overall ranking :) My #1524 ranking is pulling me down. Noone should be playing 3v3 anyhow.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 10:12am

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

quantum said....

Because it was you douchebag

There you have it folks.. quantum admits team switching at the last second. Looks like he just gave me justification for all the past times I switched because I was in the room with one I thought was a switcher. If you think switching is wrong don't do it yourself hypocrit. It's ok though, I didn't want to be on your team anyway. Did just fine without you apparently.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 11:41am

Cabin Boy toomacho

@esperano.
 Well I guess this rank system it's not for me since I don't have time to play that many games. 
 I only play 15 minutes here and there every other day or so. =(
 I have a busy life..
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:02pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

@esperano.
 Well I guess this rank system it's not for me since I don't have time to play that many games. 
 I only play 15 minutes here and there every other day or so. =(
 I have a busy life..

Beats phil's ranking system though. It throws out all game scores after two weeks!
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:05pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

Hey jazz. Why are the scores changing so drastically on an hourly basis? Sometimes a 30-40% jump up or down for the overall score when looking at the leaders of team scores
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:30pm

Cabin Boy jazz

Hmmm

I think what you may be seeing is how the overall "teams" board is updated.  It takes the single highest score from all 2v2 based sub categories and uses that single highest score to place you in the overall ranks for all of them.  So if your score is 1,288,112 in the 2v2 ranks, but 1,603,005 in the 2v2_3p ranks, it will choose the 2v2_3p score to place you in the overall ranks.  

What you may be seeing (and I could be wrong here) is the fluctuation between which of those scores is the highest at any one moment in time.
Re: Official Stat Warriors Leader Board :: Apr 6, 2011 @ 3:02pm

Cabin Boy toomacho

@steave.jobs
Maybe jazz's ranking system it's more accurate than Phil's. But the way I play it's easier for me to achieve 3 stripes or GA with Phil's ranking system. 
  What I'm trying to say is that jazz's ranking system is not for everyone. At least that's how I see it! By looking at my  #s on both systems...

Page 19 / 22 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

You must sign in to post.