:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW!

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 4:41pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
This is your last chance to grouse about what's wrong with Galcon 1.7, folks! 

On the "fixed" list so far: 

-Memory leak fixed, so Galcon will now take 1/3 as much memory as before.

-Galcon crashing: probably related to the memory bug, but let us know if you think it might be something else

-Multi-touch functions restored, so now you can select with multiple fingers and also cancel the click/drag by tapping elsewhere with another finger

-Ability to change percent after selecting multiple planets restored

-Messed with percentameter so you can't accidentally swipe to change it when you get sloppy with nearby planets

-Orientation issue with landscape mode fixed

-Goofy flag-changing-to-another-rank-at-game-end bug fixed

-Single-player level selection can no longer scroll to the far reaches of outer space

-Players leaving but not disappearing from wait screen fixed

-Single-player computer cheat fixed

-Menu cross-fading time has been cut in half to eliminate laggy feel

Let us know if there are any more bugs to add to the list before Phil submits the bug-fix release tomorrow!
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 5:10pm

Cabin Boy no.radiation

Yes, the cross-fade will be wonderful to have fixed. 

Thank you, Phil!
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 5:35pm

Cabin Boy tinny

there's this bug where occasionally i would lose a game for some reason... that needs fixing assap
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 8:01pm

Cabin Boy no.fair

lol tinny ive never got that bug yet.
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 8:03pm

Cabin Boy stormz

yea tinny i think that bug is only specific to your device. most be some user side issue
post updated on Aug 19, 2009 @ 8:04pm
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 8:11pm

Ensign sky_lark

lol

This update sounds pretty awesome.  Will it be sent through Apple App Store or as I've heard mentioned before, "server-side"?

Could you please improve the redirecting so that if you lightly tap on a fleet while it's weaving through neutral planets it won't just immediately attack the nearest neutral planet?  I really would like to be able to tap on multiple fleets and send them all to a certain location.

Thanks!  Sounds cool!

EDIT: The loading screen.

Hmm, what is that in the distance?

Eww... looks like a piece of chewed up broccoli...

Okay, so I suppose it could be a planet in the far off distance... but nonetheless I groan and moan every time I see it!  It needs to be removed.

WHO'S WITH ME!?
post updated on Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:04pm
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:06pm

Cabin Boy f0x.hound

I'm with ya
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:11pm

Cabin Boy f0x.hound

I went into a game and then I had 1 planet that had 20 armys and a red guy had 5 planets... Whowd that happen??? If u figure it out... Pls fix it
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:15pm

Cabin Boy stormz

fox.hound this is a known little fun trick.

2 people are playing one leaves in the middle of the game and his ships are in the air then he leaves but his ships keep going and take the planet the next person in the room asumes his position all though if you lose or win it doesnt affect your stats

:: edit sky lark you must have an HD iphone lol i never noticed until you said somthing
post updated on Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:16pm
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 9:40pm

Cabin Boy suicider575

i reverted back to the old version...don't like the colours of the new one..too dark/non-vibrant...
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 10:52pm

Cabin Boy your-mom

Not so much a bug fix, but PLEASE, can we have a couple more songs to pick from?  Beautiful update, glad to see my biggest gripe being fixed (percentage meter - cuz yeah, I'm "sloppy", hahaha), but only having the same song playing takes away from a truly new feel.  I like having the music, but it's become the theme song to my nightmares, I hear it so often ;)
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 19, 2009 @ 10:54pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
UGH!!! That's disgusting! We must not have broccoli in Galcon! Thank you, Sky_Lark, for pointing out this horrifying contamination!
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 20, 2009 @ 3:30pm

Ensign sky_lark

No problem.
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 20, 2009 @ 3:39pm

Cabin Boy no.pwnage

ITS A WATERMELON! ITS A PRESENT FROM PHIL!
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 21, 2009 @ 4:18am

Cabin Boy anaythea

It seems that new galcon is more inclined to lag when a lot of action is going on. The crossfade lags too. More songs would be appreciated, and perhaps there should be an option to switch between the old and the new UI.
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 21, 2009 @ 4:33am

Cabin Boy tinny

sky_lark, now that you've mentioned the broccoli i see it every time!!

and did anyone else notice this?:

they're all the same planet! any one else feel ripped off?
post updated on Aug 21, 2009 @ 4:35am
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 21, 2009 @ 7:48pm

Ensign sky_lark

That's unbelievable!  I feel... the same.  Still...

Anyway, I found two more bugs (I posted them in another thread but thought this thread would be more appropriate).

Didn't see these before so I presume it had something to do with this update. 

1. Full servers sometimes come in between empty servers... so Empty Server, Empty Server, Full Server, Empty Server, Rest of Full Servers; for example. 

2. If you join a 1v1 (2v2 game) and you can see your teammate, you'll notice your teammate has roughly zero ships displayed nearly 100% of the time for that game, yet he can still send lots of ships. 

Thanks!
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 21, 2009 @ 8:34pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

Thanks for all the fixes with the bug fix update...

Oh and I'm late... but how about these:

-- i posted a very thoughtful post on why exactly "ranking requirements" should at least be linked to from the galcon app. the link to the ranking reqs page, for example. maybe insert this into the bug fix update 1.7.1. maybe replace the redundant settings button in the multiplayer section with a "ranking reqs" button instead. 

-- the help menu is a TON better than before, i must say. adding planets and the ability for players to try out their newly taught stuff right then and there is a wonderful touch. however, it is still missing some significant things, things needed to guide noobs in the Lite version or the Full version and get them ready for the rigors on online multiplayer. 
1. it still doesn't indicate that one can swipe from one planet to another to move ships (you only say you can tap your planet and then tap the enemy planet, which is the most inefficient way of movement in igalcon).  
2. it doesn't tell people that they can or how to change their teammate in 2v2 games.  
3. it doesn't explain the new friends feature AT ALL or even what the smiley face icon means or what "block" or "ignore" does or what "friending" someone does or means...  
4. it doesn't explain how the new percentameter works even though you advertise "new controls" in the what's new section of the description ;)  
5. it also doesn't mention the 10-day rank decay system, which is very important, as it causes endless confusions among people as to why their wins disappeared!  
6. it should also explain that if you click "surrender" when in a game, the game will count as a loss on their record. in the chat, a random noob came in and didn't know that... which is perfectly understandable for a new player. 

^^ ***basically, there's a lot of stuff like these things that you really can't expect the new user to figure out on his own... he needs to know how it all works*** 

-- it would be a good idea to separate the team servers from the FFA servers in online multiplayer. like maybe literally add a separator line and label one heading "TEAM (2v2)" and the other heading "FFA (2p, 4p)" ... as it is, those who don't know about 2v2 games may not understand and find the 2v2 matches. in fact, lots of noobs have appeared on the chat today (great job getting them to come with the link for chat phil) and some haven't been able to find the team servers. 

-- i don't know if this is universal or predominant, but i didn't notice the "more" option in settings until tinny told me about it. only then did i see it and realize there were more options... maybe make it more obvious? i might be the odd one out in this case in not seeing the "more" option, though, haha -.- 

-- speaking of settings, the "settings" option in the multiplayer section may be a bit redundant. The whole settings section is already there in the first page that pops up when you open galcon, so maybe just put something else there... like a "ranking reqs" button 

and from lmorchard:
-- still wishing for some physics on the server list-- eg. scroll momentum on flick, stop on finger down, etc.
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 21, 2009 @ 9:21pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Eragmus, 

Where ya been!?! I was afraid you'd been run over by a Mack truck. I did read that big post, and you had some good ideas there. The last release (sent yesterday) was just a bug fix release, meaning that nothing major was added to the help tutorial (although we did add "tap on or drag to the enemy planet" in the first screen. Other than that, we felt that keeping the tutorial as short as possible was good because a lot of people lose patience and won't read the stuff anyway. Maybe we could make it better in a future update though. We honestly didn't have time to do more than what we did if we were ever going to get this last release out. 

As far as the redundant settings button, yeah, I agree that should go. But I think it should be replaced by a button for team games, and the Join button should be replaced by a FFA button. That way it's crystal clear what sort of game you will be joining, even to a noob. I can see why it might be nice to have rankings requirements right in people's faces, but the fact is, if someone just goes to the their rankings page, the "View rankings requirements" link is right there at the top in bright blue. If they care about rankings requirements at all, they should find this without too much trouble. 

And I know you were all worked up about us not having a bunch of you beta test the update before it was released, but you can read my explanation at the bottom of this thread here: 

http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/16/2188/?cur=0#23277
Re: Bug fix update coming tomorrow... post final requests here NOW! :: Aug 22, 2009 @ 12:55am

Cabin Boy _wall_

Era's been at camp .

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.