Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 7 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread.

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:39pm

Admiral fifty6

In chat, we've come up with the idea for a donation pool to show our support for Galcon .

Currently we have pledged and raised 33 $
Our current goal is 300 $

Current pledges.

fifty6 : 10$
diebkstbbr : 2$
quantum : 1$
deception : 20$

post your pledge, show your support to galcon ! 
ps: I'll let nanno set up the paypal or address . 

_
post updated on Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:49pm
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:56pm

Ensign jorgelora

lol
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:57pm

1 Stripe Admiral quantum

My understanding was we were going to pick a mod we all wanted and pledge it to Phil with some $$$ as incentive to make updates that we want.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:58pm

Cabin Boy deception

lol ^ sounds greedy. :p

Im donating 20 dollars just to say thanks for everything.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 5, 2011 @ 6:58pm

Cabin Boy butt.die

thats what i thought too.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 7, 2011 @ 2:11am

Cabin Boy zmar01

phil could make a new app then we all go and buy it, some sort of galcon extension. like labs :) But link the servers.
rather than saying we would pay for an update.

I dont know, maybe re release galcon as a new app, but just change stuff in it, but thats probably against apple rules.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 1:53am

Cabin Boy brand

how much earns a freelance programmer? 300-500$ a day?
how much work is it to do the 3,4 things on top of your list? 1 or 2 weeks?mmmh, you guys need to collect a lot of money. good luck!
i think a more clever way would be to get more people playing the game.
more people- more money for the developer. more forced to keep it going with updates and stuff. i mean didnt they just bought a ranch with the money they made with galcon? and you guys want to collect a few bucks to make them do some things on your wishlist. haha. good luck.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 8:23am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
I don't know how I missed this thread the other day, but aw... you guys are sweet! However, there's no reason to raise money to pay for an update. If you have money to donate, I think it would be awesome to give it to a charity, or else save it for other games. Phil has this year pretty much scheduled out, and a Galcon update is on the list, so don't worry. It will come out eventually whether you donate money or not, and donating money won't speed up the process unfortunately. Phil has at least two games he must get through the pipelines before he can start to work on Galcon.

And yes, Galcon helped pay for the farm, but the bank still owns a good chunk of it. Hopefully with some new games and another Galcon overhaul we can carry the mortgage. ;)
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 2:16pm

Captain ipcress

Quantum wrote:

$$$ as incentive to make updates that we want.

It's called, "feeding a dead horse."
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 3:16pm

Cabin Boy medeman

I don't know how I missed this thread the other day, but aw... you guys are sweet! However, there's no reason to raise money to pay for an update. If you have money to donate, I think it would be awesome to give it to a charity, or else save it for other games. Phil has this year pretty much scheduled out, and a Galcon update is on the list, so don't worry. It will come out eventually whether you donate money or not, and donating money won't speed up the process unfortunately. Phil has at least two games he must get through the pipelines before he can start to work on Galcon.

And yes, Galcon helped pay for the farm, but the bank still owns a good chunk of it. Hopefully with some new games and another Galcon overhaul we can carry the mortgage. ;)

I'm interested in the list of features and bug-fixes for the update =)
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 3:26pm

Lieutenant dart

| Its called, "feeding a dead horse."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 9, 2011 @ 10:12pm

Ensign strangelove

UPDATE #1:

The NO-SWITCH Rule:

2 seconds of no switching before the start of every game
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 10, 2011 @ 8:27pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Current pledges.

fifty6 : 10$
diebkstbbr : 2$
quantum : 1$
deception : 20$

the sign is backwards silly. 

It should say this...

Current pledges.

fifty6 : $10.00
diebkstbbr : $2.00
quantum : $1.00
deception : $20.00
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 11, 2011 @ 6:46pm

Commander toomacho

Hahaha strangelove the 2 second delay won't work. People will figurate how to beat the system.  Not switching at all will be perfect. 
And if nanno doesn't want the money you guys can deposit it to my bank of america account  01822 05377
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 11, 2011 @ 7:06pm

Cabin Boy rhydon

All your moniez are belong to me.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 11, 2011 @ 7:53pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

Or an idea whoever donates 5:00$ £ ¥ ect ect. gets sent a t-shirt or some form of galcon merchandise. Just a thought.
Ps. Believe I think it would Bo cool to donate but I can't. So I donated an idea lol :)
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 12, 2011 @ 1:22am

Lieutenant dart

I would but i have no money. [:-(
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 13, 2011 @ 9:52am

Captain ipcress

Most pathetic thread EVER.
Galcon has been abandoned by the developer.  Get used to it.  This isn't a criticism against Phil, because he developed the game and it's his prerogative.  But, stop whining about an update because you all look foolish.  Yeah, perhaps in the distant future there will be an update of sorts, but don't expect anything substantial.  The game will always remain what it is.  The maps will always SUCK.  There will always be tons of lopsided starts and "instant wins."  We'll always be stuck with tons of high-point, teeny-tiny neutral planets and games where mis-clicks rather than strategy decide the game.  The ridiculously "improved" percentameter will remain the same and there will never be a logical control panel at the bottom of the screen with BUTTONS to choose firing percentage.  These things take time to implement and it's simply better business for Phil to put these efforts into new projects.
What's REALLY frustrating is that other developers haven't designed other multi-player, real-time strategy games which improve on Galcon's shortcomings.  Hopefully, something will come along--but that's our only hope for a better gaming experience.  

Galcon is what it is.  And when I say, "Galcon," I mean 2V2, of course.  FFA is a complete failure and can't be considered a true "strategy game."  It's an entertaining pastime for CHILDREN, but it's not a successful game design.  

So, knock it off with the ridiculous Galcon Bake Sale.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 13, 2011 @ 9:59am

Cabin Boy rhydon

Most pathetic thread EVER.
Galcon has been abandoned by the developer.  Get used to it.  This isn't a criticism against Phil, because he developed the game and it's his prerogative.  But, stop whining about an update because you all look foolish.  Yeah, perhaps in the distant future there will be an update of sorts, but don't expect anything substantial.  The game will always remain what it is.  The maps will always SUCK.  There will always be tons of lopsided starts and "instant wins."  We'll always be stuck with tons of high-point, teeny-tiny neutral planets and games where mis-clicks rather than strategy decide the game.  The ridiculously "improved" percentameter will remain the same and there will never be a logical control panel at the bottom of the screen with BUTTONS to choose firing percentage.  These things take time to implement and it's simply better business for Phil to put these efforts into new projects.
What's REALLY frustrating is that other developers haven't designed other multi-player, real-time strategy games which improve on Galcon's shortcomings.  Hopefully, something will come along--but that's our only hope for a better gaming experience.  

Galcon is what it is.  And when I say, "Galcon," I mean 2V2, of course.  FFA is a complete failure and can't be considered a true "strategy game."  It's an entertaining pastime for CHILDREN, but it's not a successful game design.  

So, knock it off with the ridiculous Galcon Bake Sale.

Agreed.
Re: Galcon Support & Donation fund thread. :: Jul 13, 2011 @ 10:12am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Lol, you're so cranky grandpa ip. Would you like us to get off your lawn too? 

PS: Don't forget to take your pills! I don't want to have to clean up another accident on the floor! Five days in a row is enough for me.

: P

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.