:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE

You must sign in to post.

Page 3 / 3 1   2   3 

Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 18, 2011 @ 9:48pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

+1 for 2sec solution. And thanks for support Nanno for the idea. Maybe this time will be done something...
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 18, 2011 @ 11:07pm

Cabin Boy badgirl

YAN
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 20, 2011 @ 8:09pm

Cabin Boy esparano

yayyyy. 

Also, purposely teamswitching to protest a lack of development is... frankly unintelligent. If the game is actually abandoned or something, protesting in-game is just pointless. It'll just **** people off.
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 21, 2011 @ 3:38pm

Cabin Boy notpurple

this is great. I'm still in favor of locked rooms, but clearly that won't be happening, and anything is better than nothing!
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 21, 2011 @ 5:11pm

Cabin Boy ripxsidekick

Aye!
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 22, 2011 @ 10:29am

Commander ipcress

notpurple wrote:

this is great. I'm still in favor of locked rooms, but clearly that won't be happening, and anything is better than nothing!

There aren't enough people playing to have locked rooms.
You don't even play 2v2.
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 23, 2011 @ 7:28pm

Cabin Boy onlyplayhigh

I don't see how locked rooms would deter new players. It's not exactly the most advanced concept, I think even new players will realize the system right away. They can enter the server, if they don't like it, find another one. Most people will play just because they want to play, whether or not they're aloud to switch teams.

For those of us that play a lot though, two people can mutually decide to play with each other as long as they want. And as I said earlier in this thread, it's especially valuable in a game that requires multiple games to judge the true skill of a player. As the game is now, a a pair of players can't judge their true skill against another pair unless they agree not to switch beforehand, and without in-game chat, you can't mediate like that.
post updated on Aug 23, 2011 @ 7:34pm
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 7:31am

Cabin Boy tinny

1) simple solution: make the cooldown timer begin when the start button is pressed instead of after the game has finished.

2) better solution: you can only switch to a team with an empty slot! 

My solutions are the best and you know it!!
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 9:04am

Cabin Boy zmar01

You know... i really dont mind the fact that you can team switch at the last second.

yes it can be a bit annoying, but its not all that bad.

depends on how much you care about your stats and rank.

if you really cared you would just learn to team switch better than anyone else in the lobby.

if your looking for some good games then you dont even want to be in a lobby with people who switch last second anyway regardless of anything phil does to galcon.
even if he stops switching all together, your not going to get good games with people who are too concerned about winning and ranking up than about their ranks.

i play badly with any team mate who doesnt know how to win a game, (you know what i mean when you give them the better position yet they still lose or will lose an even position more often than not) so even if you try to balance the teams by putting me with a noob and someone else with a noob, if the noobs are equal and the other player is 1/2 decent then i will play bad and be lucky to get 50%.

When i play 2v2 i treat my partners planets like my planets, you cant do that with a noob, so i will always lose more.

so last second team switch to the other player ftw :)
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 11:40am

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

I have only been play iGalcon for like have a day total and I have come across so many people who switch.
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 3:25pm

Cabin Boy tinny

Another solution would be to have a Cancel button so that the game cant start without everyone agreeing on the teams. This would be in combination with the timer counting down before the game starts.

Its too bad these arent "server side" issues otherwise sh*t would get done!
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 4:00pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

Nice to see you tinny! :P

You should play galcon again :D
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 9:36pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

tinny, the solution should not prolong time between games and be very simple to code. steve jobs already posted this but i am reposting because it is very good thread about it: http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/17/4482/?cur=0 

guys please read this thread before you post any other ideas
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Aug 24, 2011 @ 9:40pm

Cabin Boy no.yes

so tinny correct me if i am wrong but your solutions 1 and 3 prolong time between games. your empty spot solution - could you elaborate on this (after reading thread i posted above) why you think it would work?
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Sep 3, 2011 @ 2:18pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

Two second team lock will change behavior. "You switch, I leave".. Switchers will have no one to play with because others will leave room in last two seconds before games start. You won't need voting (takes too much time) you won't need random teams (not fair because of malicious game throwers who suicide when teamed with high ranks) and behavior will start to change as players learn the new system. Time to stop talking and start implementing! Phil!!! Come on buddy. Enough is enough. Don't you think it's past time we put it to rest? Nanno. Give the guy a nice back rub with some sweet nothings and some subliminal "team lock" messages. Let's do this!! I'll code it myself if you let me!
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Sep 3, 2011 @ 10:08pm

Ensign diebkstabber

I cant believe we are still talking about this. How many solutions have we come up with, how many people have voted that it was a good idea? Things havent changed, and they wont change. I'm sorry to say that this version of galcon looks like the one we are stuck with. I think there are some very good ideas being thrown around, and as Jazz has learned when we were trying to fix the ranking shortcomings, it doesnt matter how much we talk about it or how hard any of us work on an improvement, it just isnt going to change.
  As for myself I dont even read the forums all that much anymore. Its just more of the same ol stuff and frankly if nothing ever changes, or our voices arent heard then whats the use? I dont blame any of you guys, you are doing your best to improve the experience for all of us.
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:13am

1 Stripe Admiral flowoodms

I can't believe the king of switching/throwing games has input on how to stop the madness... 

Btw not speaking of you diebackstabber

Funny seeing him speak of switchers .... Pot calling the kennel black
post updated on Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:14am
Re: STOP TEAMSWITCHING HERE :: Dec 13, 2011 @ 7:55pm

Cabin Boy rankmenot

You cannot do a 1-2 second thing.

Some smart players that teamswitch, and I've observed, just tap once at the last second. All they need.

Like Tinker.

Page 3 / 3 1   2   3 

You must sign in to post.