:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: iPhone 4s - lagging

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:43am

Lieutenant niicole

I just got the iPhone 4s. 
Before that I had the 3Gs. Since I started playing with the 4s, I have a problem with lag in the game. 
Sometimes up to 5 seconds.  
It is not always, but very often. It happens over wifi or 4g network.  My internet connection is very good.  My friend also has the same problem.  
Does anybody else have this problem?
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 29, 2011 @ 5:58pm

Ensign diebkstabber

I have also been having this problem, but I had it with my 3gs as well so I think it may just be my ****ty internet connection. The problem I just noticed is that I cant log into the forums or chat with my 4s, I log in fine on my laptop and my google tv, so I know it isnt my password or internet. Its really weird because when I press continue in the log in screen it acts as if I never tried to enter anything. So far the 4s has been awesome in every regard except for in galcon, maybe it needs to be updated to work better with ios5?
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 29, 2011 @ 6:09pm

Cabin Boy notpurple

I'm experiencing the same problem unfortunately, just got my new 4S.  It's definitely not the Internet connection: its not that the game feels momentarily slow to respond or anything like that, what happens is a brief freeze of the graphics / gameplay.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 29, 2011 @ 6:10pm

Cabin Boy notpurple

Please fix this ASAP.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 5:49pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

Same problem here on the 4S. I had updated my 3GS to iOS 5 first and had no glitch. It's only the way iOS 5 runs on 4S. I hear apple is working on a fix for some background process that's causing lagging but I haven't heard anything specific to game play graphics. :(
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 5:51pm

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

By the way. The lag is like a split second hiccup. It happens ever couple of seconds. Makes for annoying play because the graphics aren't smooth like before
post updated on Nov 1, 2011 @ 11:48am
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 7:15pm

Cabin Boy notpurple

yes exactly. it's a consistent split second hiccup - very annoying.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 7:40pm

Cabin Boy socratic

I'm going to tell you what any good sensible person would say to you.

Deal with it.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 8:12pm

Cabin Boy esparano

Same, I doubt it's a connection lag... It seems more like a graphics lag because it's a short, small hiccup, as you guys described.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 8:38pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
We don't have the iPhone 4s yet, so we can't look into it at this time. Is there an iPod Touch equivalent (sorry, I'm sure Phil knows the answer to that, but he's not here at the moment). If there's no iPod Touch equivalent, I'm not sure we'll be getting the iPhone. We're still holding out against the technological tidal wave called cell phones. First of all, they're expensive and we're cheapskates. Second of all, I'm the kind of person who will lose a phone if it's not attached to the wall. And third of all, our land line is off the hook more often than not, so why pay money for an extra phone when we hardly use the one we already have?
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 11:11pm

Cabin Boy melek

Nanno, im sure Phil can fix it through the sdk, he doesn't need an iPhone?
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 30, 2011 @ 11:48pm

Cabin Boy concretewave

Ask Siri: "Why are you lagging galcon?"
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 3:38am

Cabin Boy brand

Nanno said ...

We don't have the iPhone 4s yet, so we can't look into it at this time. Is there an iPod Touch equivalent (sorry, I'm sure Phil knows the answer to that, but he's not here at the moment). If there's no iPod Touch equivalent, I'm not sure we'll be getting the iPhone. We're still holding out against the technological tidal wave called cell phones. First of all, they're expensive and we're cheapskates. Second of all, I'm the kind of person who will lose a phone if it's not attached to the wall. And third of all, our land line is off the hook more often than not, so why pay money for an extra phone when we hardly use the one we already have?

hahha, this post makes me laugh.
you sound like a vegetarian meat cutter. 
jesus go get yourself  a bratwurst from time to time.
phhh.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 8:42am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
What's a vegetarian meat cutter? If it has the word "vegetarian" in it, I probably don't like it (and it will make Phil sick--he and vegetables don't get along). 

As for Jesus, well, he's invited to eat bratwurst at our campfire any time! 

And to get back on-topic, I'll ask Phil today if there is anything he can do about this bug.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 12:03pm

Cabin Boy brand

phhh.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 1:52pm

Cabin Boy medeman

And to get back on-topic, I'll ask Phil today if there is anything he can do about this bug.

Release the source code, and a talented programmer will magically fix the problem :P.
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 3:18pm

Cabin Boy notpurple

Thanks nanno this is driving me nuts
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 6:48pm

Cabin Boy manutd

Omg the lag is sooooo bad
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Oct 31, 2011 @ 7:11pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Ok, yeah, so I asked Phil about it and apparently we do have 4s on one of our iPod Touches (I didn't realize Phil could do this). Now I just need to make some time to test it out and see if this happens to me. 

And Brand, you  really should do something about that gas of yours. =P
Re: iPhone 4s - lagging :: Nov 1, 2011 @ 11:51am

Cabin Boy steve.jobs

You can emulate hardware using software on an iPod? Ummmm. I think you actually need the hardware, the graphics chip and the processor to test completely unless it isn't hardware related. But the fact that it ran hiccup free on my 3GS running iOS 5 tells me it's probably software AND hardware

Page 1 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

You must sign in to post.