:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Is Galcon for iPhone dead?

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 4 1   2   3   4 

Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 1:56am

Lieutenant blphnx

Actually, there are hundreds of regular players like myself who have just stopped playing.  But not because we've stopped wanting to.  It is because this game has a flaw which is being neglected. The appeal is in multiplayer. But who wants to wait, in the hopes someone eventually jumps in?

Solutions:

Update: notification option.  'someone is in a room'.  And when someone is waiting, they can playing bots (unrated) until someone joins the room, not just wait there like they have nothing better to do, and no one has a clue,etc.

Result: galcon survives - breath new life into it, w/ notifications and address why waiting is like watching grass grow, people will be playing it again.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 6:17am

Cabin Boy LjuboM

What I would like is Notifications for new tournaments(There is a new Tournament on 29th of June 2012, for more informations check Galcon Forums!) and also i want to know when my friends are in server, but not when i open galcon. i want to get a message while i am on facebook or when i start my ipod touch.
you know, push notifications.
LjuboM is playing Galcon!

And i want to be able to invite friends to play with me.
you should also get notification for it, like
LjuboM invited you to play Galcon!
post updated on May 29, 2012 @ 6:17am
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 7:14am

2 Stripe Admiral sidekick

I really like this but the developers don't care. Phil is always "too busy" (I can promise you he has time but he is always filling it with other crap) and Nanno says that he doesn't like other people's ideas.

They are simply not good enough to update galcon. They don't have the talent and are too lazy to update. We've been begging and pleading for years (almost 2 years now).

Sorry man, you just have to enjoy what you have. This could have been a huge game, but the developers' abilities are too limited.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 7:16am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Woo, the pessimism police! 

I wonder who'll show up from the optimism police. (Maybe no one?)
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 8:01am

Cabin Boy ziche

You know what sidekick, you should just go along and make your own game. About phil filling his time with other 'crap', then who cares? Phil is also a human being, believe it or not. He can do whoever the hell he wants. And has it occured to you that not everyone agrees with all these update ideas? If phil listened to every single idea presented, I think galcon would be pretty bad. Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe, galcon is fine the way it is? As for calling him lazy, that's just rediculous. He wasn't forced to make galcon, and he wasn't forced to make dynamite jack. But he did, so be grateful for what you've got instead of always demanding more.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 8:06am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Thanks ziche!

Note: I wasn't actually agreeing with ziche; I was only thanking him for making my prediction true. 

edit: Added the note.
post updated on May 29, 2012 @ 10:22am
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 9:08am

Cabin Boy cr0w

Yeah dude... Cuz they have a Goat to feed!
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 9:57am

Cabin Boy KylerCA

Ziche is right^^ galcon is fine the way it is. And this game wouldn't exist without Phil. He did a great job on both dynamite jack and galcon already. :D

When Phil decides "Let's make a galcon update!" he can make a galcon update. But until then, don't push him into making an update. When Phil gets around to it he'll make one. :D
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 11:00am

1 Stripe Admiral diebkstabber

Is galcon dead? Yes

Is it still fun? Yes

Do we wish some things were addressed in an update? Yes

Is Phil still awesome? Yes

Does diebkstabber smell like bacon? Yes

Is Brand a guy? Yes

Have all pertinent questions been answered? Yes
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 11:17am

2 Stripe Admiral sidekick

You know what sidekick, you should just go along and make your own game. About phil filling his time with other 'crap', then who cares? Phil is also a human being, believe it or not. He can do whoever the hell he wants. And has it occured to you that not everyone agrees with all these update ideas? If phil listened to every single idea presented, I think galcon would be pretty bad. Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe, galcon is fine the way it is? As for calling him lazy, that's just rediculous. He wasn't forced to make galcon, and he wasn't forced to make dynamite jack. But he did, so be grateful for what you've got instead of always demanding more.

I don't think you understood. He is lazy pertaining to maintaining Galcon. Also, the reason he made Dynamite Jack and Galcon was for money! If it wasn't for money he would have made it free, so he should be grateful that he is earning paying customers for his game.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 11:24am

Cabin Boy KylerCA

Is galcon dead? Yes

Is it still fun? Yes

Do we wish some things were addressed in an update? Yes

Is Phil still awesome? Yes

Simple and to the point, +1
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 12:08pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Phil left galcon. One day, this game will die.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 2:54pm

Cabin Boy ziche

Or perhaps he made galcon and dynamite jack because that's what he enjoys doing. Maybe he doesn't enjoy listening to people whining about nonsense. It's pretty rediculously ignorant to call him lazy. I mean, how many games have you developped?
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:01pm

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
HA! I love how a 13-year-old who has never held a job a day in his life is calling Phil "lazy". Phil worked on Galcon solid for five years straight from early 2006 to the end of 2010. That's a long time to work on one project. Who can blame him for taking a break for a couple of years? He'd go insane if Galcon were all he did. Most of you paid far less for Galcon than you would have for a decent set of dominoes, but I don't see people demanding updates for those.  Someone start complaining about chess... now there's a game that hasn't been updated in hundreds of years. Get some perspective, people!  =P
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:08pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
To be fair, I don't really understand why it seems so hard to implement some of the requests either. The percent slider comes to mind. While I normally say that no one can say how much work it would be to add, I'd be lying if I thought it really would take more than a day or so. (And that's including the game release-related stuff, which I have no clue about, so I'm being generous there.)

Of course, we've paid for what we bought, but I honestly don't understand why he's never made a non-negligible update to galcon. (At least doing the easy and non-controversial suggestions) Does he hate galcon now or something? I mean, eventually I get sick of certain projects too, but I don't abandon them for years. (Especially if that project represented the majority of my long-running community (the most important segment))

edit: I apparently left some words out completely. "...so hard to implement some of the requests" -> "...so hard to implement some of the requests either.", "...I honestly don't understand..." -> "...I honestly don't understand why..."
post updated on May 29, 2012 @ 3:10pm
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:16pm

Cabin Boy boMLju

you sure cant call him lazy, but one thing is certain, he doesnt care for few people begging on forums for update. he has his goals and we wont change them.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:17pm

Cabin Boy Ryuzagetsu

The problem is, chess never died out, galcon is. And this is mostly why we're complaining. In fusion its even worse, there should be more people playing. Galcon is a fun game, but gets boring for the competetive ones when theres none left! I've been playing with the same players over and over recently, and its all yellow flags that never gets better. There should be more action happening, I mean there has been world chess tournements and other kind of stuff, I think notifications would be an excellent thing to add. If only I would see players that I look up to like LjuboM and Chi-ro and other pros, I'd jump on my iPad or PC and start playing. Please add things like weekly tournements and/or monthly champion tourneys. I believe people would play much more tournements hosted by nanno instead of some newb like me or others. 

You can revive it nanno! I saw tournements you've hosted like First to Grand-Admiral tournement that was very exciting and couples 2v2 love tournement and stuff. You could add much more juice to the game if there we're tournements like first to GA-tourneys, hosted each week or month or until thers someone that reached the gold.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:18pm

Cabin Boy brand

the only thing phil should change here is the possibility to tweak text like marky does it all the time! beside this the game is just perfect. nanno nailed it with her stupid chess example. if you guys don't like it just spend more time eating civapcicci like ljubom dingsbums boy does it. jesus. phh.
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:21pm

Cabin Boy brand

omg- i think the post above is the greatest post ever someone ever posted on this forum. can you see all the beauty it contains!
Re: Is Galcon for iPhone dead? :: May 29, 2012 @ 3:28pm

Cabin Boy brand

phh.
post updated on May 29, 2012 @ 3:48pm

Page 1 / 4 1   2   3   4 

You must sign in to post.