:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Standoff is broken

This thread is closed.

Page 1 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

Standoff is broken :: Jul 10, 2012 @ 9:26am

Cabin Boy games_ender

So I just watched some "jinsung" mess around for at least 10 minutes after he wiped out all but one player who was AFK on his home planet.

Usually standoff will kick in so at least he'll have to surrender every minute or so but in this case he was able to just keep flying his swarm around for whatever idiotic reason people do this ****.

Phil, update your game already.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 10, 2012 @ 9:45am

Ensign tycho2

You can't be AFK in iGalcon... There is no keyboard :/
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 10, 2012 @ 10:36am

Cabin Boy games_ender

AFTouchscreen?

Honestly I don't know what's going on when people do that, I suspect it's another bug where players closing the program aren't auto-surrendered/kicked.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 8:56am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Hmm... that's an interesting bug I've never heard of before. It's possible this was just a one-time glitch. Has it happened to you more than just this one time? 

Also, next time I have to edit a post that much it will just get deleted. Be more respectful please. I also didn't appreciate your incredibly rude add-on to the end. No, I did NOT have time to reply to your post last night... it was incredibly late and I'd had a very long day. I almost just deleted the whole thread because I was too tired to edit either, but I decided since it was a legitimate bug that I would leave the thread up, but your post could not be left as it was. It was very rude. Watch your language, please.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:27am

Cabin Boy games_ender

Yeah i really don't give a ****...
I've been playing this game off and on for 3 years now and I've been around long enough to know nothing is ever gonna get fixed.
Honestly I can see galcon is almost dead now just because it took you 48 hours to get around to censoring me, back in the day I would've been deleted in 30 min.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:34am

Cabin Boy socratic

And of course my post gets removed. And yes endyr...the game is dead and phil doesnt update galcon. And the forums suck so i really don't know why i hang around here anymore. It's gay
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 10:14am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Yeah, I know it took 48 hours even to edit your post. That's how long I was out of town in Loveland for the National Dairy Goat Show. I guess I shouldn't be allowed to have a life outside of Galcon.  

Also, many thanks to you and Socratic for the kind, thoughtful words you have for Phil and I. We know how much you care about us as human beings, how important it is for you to support us in our lives, and how much you care about Galcon and this community. It means a lot to us that people like you and Socratic go out of your way to say good things to us and about us, knowing that we are people just like you who have busy and multi-faceted lives full of many different challenges. Encouragement from friends, even if they're just "internet friends", always brings a smile to our faces.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 10:17am

Cabin Boy games_ender

QQ... not your friend, just your disappointed customer.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 10:22am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Feel free to apply for a refund.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:20pm

Cabin Boy socratic

I'm only dissapointed in the lack of updates. And the lack of attempting to bring in more people (which in return gets phil more money..) 

Games_Ender are you Endyr?
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 7:23pm

Cabin Boy stormz

Im on their side nanno.
you do show that you care you come around.

phil does not give a crap about this community. his game he created he never comes around or attempts to know any one within the community...
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 7:56pm

Admiral esparano

If you're going to attack anyone, don't attack nanno. She doesn't have to do anything at all, or even have these forums in the first place, but she pretty consistently stops fights, deals with teamers, admins people, etc. to make the game and community more enjoyable.  Phil is another story. But it's still his choice.
post updated on Jul 12, 2012 @ 7:57pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:32pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Phil works hard so we can even afford to run this website and pay for the servers. He runs too many other communities besides this one and doesn't have time to hang out here. For him, Galcon is only a game, not a community at all. Your $2.99 does not require him to be enslaved to this game for life, obligated to churn out free updates every six months. I agree that it would be nice if he would do it, but I don't believe anyone is entitled to anything from Phil. This is not a subscription game. 

Most importantly, internet anonymity and a misplaced sense of entitlement do not give people license to make cruel comments to me or Phil or any other person on these forums. Since when did manners go out of style? 

And people wonder why we can never achieve world peace... Sheesh! We can't even refrain from hurling abuse at one another over a simple game!
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 12:38am

Cabin Boy socratic

Nobody ever said he had to be enslaved. I said that its stupid that somebody makes a game, and leaves it to rot and die off. Like seriously not updating a game or EVER doing anything after 3 years is probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen. The game has been updated ONCE. 

Your forever dissapointed customer.

P.S This is not aimed at you Nanno.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 7:32am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I said that its stupid that somebody makes a game, and leaves it to rot and die off. Like seriously not updating a game or EVER doing anything after 3 years is probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen. The game has been updated ONCE.

Actually, the majority of games are like this. And exponentially more when you're talking indie games. Even just one update is more than most games get after release.

This isn't anything unusual. And that being said, by expecting it you're acting entitled. That's what acting entitled means.

P.S. I'm no iGalcon expert (I've only played a handful of times), but I've been here since release and it's been worked on more than one time. The most recent I can recall was only 2 years back (not 3).

Now your complaining about the lack of updates (again) and not the actual problem at hand aside. This isn't really a problem. 

If you see this happening just join a different server, it really doesn't stop anyone from playing. Sorry for your trouble with this though.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 11:13am

Cabin Boy socratic

Who wants to play a game that never gets updated Chi-Ro? It gets boring... 

That standoff update Phil made was the stupidest update ever and he just left and didn't bother fixing anything anybody requested. It's like everyone pleaded for an update and he threw us a  bone like, "Ok ok now shutup you annoying BEEPS." And every "update" did absolutley NOTHING. Only the *ships and standoff* were the update. Everything else was just bug fixes and things that I had no need for.

Lets get to the point..

Am I annoyed at Phil? Yes

Is Phil entitled to updates? 

Technically No, but some showing of care would've been appreciated

Did I get my $2.99 worth of money? Yes

Do I want a refund? No

Am I dissapointed? YES
post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 11:15am
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 12:43pm

1 Stripe Admiral KlR4

Those who are being rude and childish brats (ender, socratic) need to shut up. If you wanted to report a bug, you could do so easily and politely. If you were that annoyed over jinsung's behavior, then you could have left the server and gone to a different one. It takes all of 2 seconds. No one was forcing you to watch for 10 mins. That's your stupidity haha, not his.

Also, 'standoff update... was the stupidest update ever'? Are you retarded? Or semi-retarded? No, it wasn't. It was needed, well-executed, and virtually bug-free. Pretty much no one has complained about standoff, beside you socratic.

Sometimes a player leaves the server or gets disconnected and iGalcon doesn't register that. So, the player stays in the server even though he/she got disconnected. This bug has nothing to do with 'standoff' though.

Nanno, as far as the entitlement for 'free updates' every 6 months goes, I don't have any such entitlement. I'd be happy to pay maybe $1-3 (or more, depending on how much value is in the update)... and the other times it's been brought up, others have said they would be happy to do so, too.

I'd recommend the content of updates be voted on, though. Like Phil could be upfront that the update will be a paid update and make a list of possible iGalcon update ideas. Then members could either vote up or vote down each idea (each vote linked to a registered account, with the account listed next to the update idea, so the community can self-police and make sure a single person isn't using aliases to vote extra times). This would create a list of ideas, arranged by demand from the players.

As an example, one idea could be: tweaking the coding to allow for max of 6 players in FFA and 2v2 servers (achieved through a combination of ways, like reducing planet sizes slightly, reorganizing planet spawns to reduce empty space slightly, etc.)

This seems like a sustainable update procedure to follow and will financially compensate Phil for time/effort spent on iGalcon updates.
post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 12:54pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:09pm

Cabin Boy games_ender

Chomp a phallus you noob. See my join date? I've been playing since you were in diapers.

And it's not just this thing, it's that the basic design for galcon has huge flaws, and phil has never even tried to fix them other than the horrible standoff fix which 30 seconds thought would have shown.

Just as one example, if it's quicker to get into a game by joining a full server and waiting for someone to leave than to join a 3/4 server and wait for the game to end, you have a problem with your matchmaking system.

People (me included) have been writing essays on all the things which could have been improved since the game came out, nothing has ever been fixed.

This game could have been really good if these two had ever shown a little professionalism and pride in their craft.

Instead they try to act like it's a charity, and we should be grateful for the crumbs we've been given (actually paid for).

I really don't want to get into this yet again, but Nanno maybe if Phil had ever taken some of those suggestions and actually made the game better, he would have made enough money that he wouldn't have to do other things to "keep the servers running".
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:15pm

Admiral dart

Or even 3v3 servers, 3v3 is way more fun than 2v2.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:17pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
"Those who are being rude..."

"need to shut up..."
"That's your stupidity haha, not his."
"Are you retarded? Or semi-retarded?"

Kettle, meet pot. I hope you two become great friends. : )

Page 1 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

This thread is closed.