Galcon Karaoke Party! Saturday, August 23th
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Standoff is broken

This thread is closed.

Page 2 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:28pm

Admiral KlR4

Or even 3v3 servers, 3v3 is way more fun than 2v2.

Ah yeah, good point dart. Upping player max to 6 in a 2v2 server could result in 2v2v2 or 3v3. Letting players decide how to structure the teams would be awesome.

ender, actually I've been playing (on other aliases) since 2008. Anyway, your feedback is good and valid. But seeing a bug and then spouting off about it when it isn't even a serious bug and is easily avoided by going to a new server is bad. That's all. I do agree with a lot of what you said though.

I'll repeat though that no one should really feel entitled to free updates. Voice your willingness to pay for content/feature updates (bug fix updates should always be free), or don't go on about there being no updates.

marky, nah, bad comparison. I'm responding to rudeness with rudeness. The other side was rude from the start though to someone (nanno) who was being civil.
post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:28pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:29pm

Cabin Boy socratic

KlR4,

You have absolutley 0 say in this conversation. You're a 2012'er, you haven't been around long enough to even know what we're talking about. Keep your mouth shut. 

Also, standoff was debated back and forth many months KlR4 you're just stupid to not know that phhh. Pathetic waste of space. 

Standoff ruined the game. The *force move* took away so much of the skill that was used back then. Sure it created new strategy but the older strategy and OLDER RANK SYSTEM was more legit. The Current ranking systems a friken joke, as is standoff and the current players who play iGalcon. It's all one big joke.

Like Ender stated, Nanno and Phil have been feeding us crumbs for the last 5 years. Why else do you think Periwink, Deuce, The_Musician and many other Great players of the old left? 

Oh wait.. I know! No Updates? No Expansion? No action or even word from Phil or a slight showing that he cared! The_Musician rage quit after all his hard work with which Phil did NOTHING to help implement. Thread after thread of superb, great ideas to improve galcon have all but lingered in the back of the forums..collecting dust. As far as I'm concerned they always will be, because PHIL doesn't give a dam about us.
post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:37pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:56pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Chomp a phallus you noob. See my join date? I've been playing since you were in diapers.

KlR4,

You have absolutley 0 say in this conversation. You're a 2012'er, you haven't been around long enough to even know what we're talking about. Keep your mouth shut. 

By your own logic, I deem you both wrong. Neither of you are allowed to argue this issue any longer as you've not be here long enough and have no idea what you're talking about.

Phil and Nanno have been feeding you crumbs for 5 years? iGalcon hasn't even been out for 5 years, and neither of you were here then anyway.

Seriously, the amount you complain Socratic. If you're that upset just leave. That's not a threat, or joke, or anything but face value. This is just a game, if you don't enjoy the game anymore stop playing. Chances are you've gotten FAR more than your $3 worth at this point. There's no reason to play a game you don't enjoy to such an extent that your constant whining seems to imply.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:59pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
"marky...I'm responding...with rudeness."

Exactly.

There's no excuse for being uncivil.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 2:24pm

Admiral KlR4

KlR4,

Also, socratic, how about you learn to read before talking. As I said in the previous post, I've been around (on various aliases) since 2008.

As for what else you said:
- standoff: by and large, everyone agreed it HELPED the game. The only people who disagreed were weirdos like you who like to prolong games forever without anything meaningful going on in the game.
- rank system: sure, rank systems can be made more sophisticated, but the current rank system is not abused that much and is very simple and easy to understand. It does the job well enough.
- the_musician: his efforts to suggest ideas and go into detail did not obligate phil/nanno to implement what he said. Yes there have been many threads of great ideas, but Phil must feel motivated to make an update. If he either doesn't feel like it, or doesn't want to spend time/effort making an update and getting no money out of it, that's up to him.

I've already suggested that everyone STATES THEIR SUPPORT for paying $1-3 for future updates (in a system where we vote for what we want, so there can be a list prioritized by players' needs/wants). I don't see you supporting such a system. Support it, or don't whine about what Phil does or doesn't do.
post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 2:36pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 3:30pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Chi-ro Classic HAS. I'm talking in general.

KlR4, 

Let me Xplain a Few things: 

1. Standoff was welcomed when it first came in. It was accepted. It was.. new...it spiced the game up. After months of dealing with it, people began to get annoyed, frustrated. It was fought back and forth over removing it or keeping it. And in the end, the verdict was that it could be.. "revised." But guess what? Phil of course didn't do anything and nothing happened afterwards, as usual and it only left a path of annoyance and hate.

2. The ranking system doesn't need to be sophisticated. It needs to be put back the way it was in 2010. I come back to iGalcon as a pink flag, 6 months out of play, and I rape every single 3 stripe I come across. Like ***? Nobody who sucks should obtain such a high rank flag. It's just pathetic. In the old system, you had to have like 85% wins or 90% I don't remember for a 3 stripe. Today? It's like friken 60% what a joke. And the weight, is also extremely reduced. Stupid.

3. Phil, motivated? He's not motivated. Not motivated to further Galcon. He made Galcon and left it in the dust, hoping to scrap up a few bucks. I see him as arrogant to not further Galcon and it's community. Another example of, stupid.

I never said I didn't get my moneys worth KlR4, and do you know why I don't support a system where we vote for what we want or a list? Because Phil doesn't care. Nothing gets implemented. Nothing happens. Arguments end with only grudges and hate. If Phil cared, then hell I would support that system. But he DOESN'T. I don't support it and I WILL whine about it because those who DO CARE and are too afriad TO WHINE will not whine. So who speaks up for them? ME.

It is of my opinion that Phil likes to make games for fun, and that he doesn't want to do it for the money. That's fine with me, do what you like to do and not for the money.

But I'm just trying to get the point across to everybody that Phil really doesn't give poop about Galcon, and that it is last on his priority list which is why it will never grow, never aspire higher, never make him more money than it could have, and never fly as high as it should. Dissapointment.

And unfortunatley, one day Galcon WILL die. I see it waning in numbers every single day. The truth is, and we all must accept it, Galcon WILL die one day. It is and always has been to be. Sure people might come to chat and hang, but that doesn't count. The game players are what matter. 

As I walk through the planets of Galcon, I see but destruction.. fields that no longer are upkept.. homes that are abandoned.. and not a single soul in site. Galcon slowly descends into a black hole...ever but slowly it drifts into a crevice of darkness, never to be seen again.

post updated on Jul 13, 2012 @ 3:56pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 13, 2012 @ 5:04pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
no, you were talking about iGalcon, if you were talking about Galcon as a whole very few of your earlier points would've made any sense. The very sentence you said 5 years in is silly in the context of Galcon as a whole.

1. You're just wrong. There's really not much to say about that. Standoff doesn't change gameplay when people avoid it besides the trading of a planet every minute or so. When people use it, it does accelerate games.

It's effectiveness is questionable at times, but it has no negative impact on the game.

2. The ranking system has changed many times. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the current iteration, but it really doesn't matter at all. It's just a silly little flag picture. It's effect on gameplay is slim to none.

3. Absolutely. Phil works on things as he sees fit, this has been made clear in the past. I really don't expect it any other way. Does that mean he'll never be motivated? Absolutely not. I quit things that bore me to death and a month later I'll randomly have an urge to play them. The time is relative but the point stands. His (assumed) current lack of motivation really doesn't mean anything looking into the future.

As to the rest of your post. I understand you're upset, but I don't share your sentiment. What your saying now has been said and repeated countless times. Galcon will die if Phil doesn't do this! Galcon will die if Phil doesn't do that! Time and time again I've explained why this isn't the case, people just refuse to listen. So far, Galcon's not dead. I'm not going to try and make you understand, you'll eventually either leave or you'll come to see for yourself. There will be an update eventually, and Galcon's not going to die. 

Till then, most people would appreciate it if you didn't go around any chance you get proclaiming your opinion of doom. You could be right, but it wont be anytime in the near future.

I paid $20 for the game coming up on 5 years ago, and have been playing even longer than that. I've seen what Galcon was then, I see what it is now. It's not dying, it's not a buggy mess, and if I were asked to spend $20 again I would.

Now then, can we end this silly disagreement?
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 9:36am

Cabin Boy socratic

1. Coming from a guy who never even plays and or played iGalcon as much as someone like me makes your "I'm wrong," statement invalid. Standoff DOES affect the game and it does have a negative impact. Forcing players to move and swapping planets does not always go smoothly and it ends up in stupid unwanted battles. It also ends games that shouldn't be ended. The long hour games were more fun than the boring 30 second standoff gay games.

2. I don't play for rank anymore, but that doesn't change the fact that the ranking system sucks. 

3. More like he works on things that he wants to. Which is fine with me. But his lack of interest in galcon is so hideous that i just want to hit him for not showing up here more than a couple of times in the last 3 years.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not upset with anybody but Phil. I'm not like.... obsessivly angry or anything. And to be honest Chi-Ro, iGalcon has less and less people all the time I check. At times there is maybe one or 2 games going on. Without Phil doing anything to expand or promote Galcon, it will die. I never said when it would, I said that it eventually will if it continues along this silly path.

PS. I know where to find Phil.
post updated on Jul 14, 2012 @ 11:49am
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 11:56am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Even if he does do something soon, it will still die eventually. Every multiplayer game dies, and this game has lived well beyond the vast majority of them. It's actually outlived a lot of AAA multiplayer titles.

In the end of a multiplayer games life, it's the community that carries it and determines it's fate. Games can easily go on with a handful of players for years and still be alive and enjoyable.

Your perspective of this appears to be primarily looking at Galcon and Galcon alone. I'm coming from experience playing and helping with hundreds of other games and communities. For 90% of the games out there, to even have a dev consider an update at this point in it's life is unheard of. They would have all long past moved on to other projects. Galcon has already gotten MUCH more care and attention than most games, even a lot of AAAs.

If your angry it Phil it's not from his failure. You're angry because you're not getting what you think is best for your favorite game. The more this conversation goes on the more it just looks like entitlement and less like an actual problem.

You can feel entitled all you want. You can be mad at Phil as much as you'd like. But no one else really wants to hear it every other time you post.

I'm extremely happy with how Galcon has done and my time here, and even if it died completely tomorrow I'd still love Phil for what he's done with it. I've seen what the norm is in the games industry, this isn't it, and what you're expecting is unheard of by pretty much anyone but subscription or free to play games.

ALL OF THAT ASIDE! (TL;DR)

Phil will update Galcon again. It's be plainly stated that this is a fact. The only real question is when. Personally, I'm content patiently waiting.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 12:01pm

Cabin Boy socratic

For one thing, this isn't my favorite game. My reasons are already clear and I don't need to re-express them. Also, I could care less about Phil updating Galcon. I stopped expecting him to update anything years ago. 

And let me just point out that Phil was NOT the first person to make a real time risk game. There were definently other flash games many years ago that were exactly like Galcon. 

The only thing Phil did was make a smoother, faster running version of it which is why he probably left it in the dust. It's not an Original.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 12:09pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Actually, all of those flash games came after Galcon. I remember them clearly, they were also almost all crap.

I just don't understand. You don't care about an update, and you want Phil to do what he enjoys doing.

What's the problem here? Just venting? =\
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 12:35pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Lol. Chi-ro, I already said this before. 

I Don't care about an update, it's never going to come

Even if it does come, it's not going to be worth anyones time or even close to worth the time we waited

I think it's right for Phil to do what he enjoys doing

I never said there was a problem. I clearly stated I wanted people to understand that Phil has Galcon on the bottom of his TO-DO-LIST and that updates, requests, or whatever are 99% never going to be acted upon.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 14, 2012 @ 5:14pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I never said there was a problem. I clearly stated I wanted people to understand that Phil has Galcon on the bottom of his TO-DO-LIST and that updates, requests, or whatever are 99% never going to be acted upon.

Eh I'll leave you to your mostly baseless and misguided assumptions then.

You simply can't know half the things your claiming. It's an opinion that you're regularly pushing onto others who don't share it.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 1:56am

Cabin Boy socratic

Chi-ro don't be arrogant. I don't care how hard of a worker Phil is or how much he gives a care about Galcon.

All I know, is that UPDATES are rare, uncommon, and are unworthy of our waited time. That's it.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 2:41am

Lieutenant dart

I'll bet that the update is comin very soon, since phil's demand for dynamite jack is going down, and the maze of madness is being made by other players, phil just has to add a couple sections everyonce and a while.  I'm not acting like any of you whiny losers who cry on the forums, just because one person can't get an update out.  he's one imperfect human, there's only so much one guy can do, I mean come on.  quit whining, if you don't like this community, go somewhere else, now I get why nanno is in such a bad mood recently, She has to deal with reading all of this stuff posted by people with the maturity of three year olds, and watching all of you going after phil. 

GET A LIFE YOU WHINY NOOBS!
post updated on Jul 15, 2012 @ 9:46am
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 10:44am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Chi-ro don't be arrogant.

What's arrogant about the last post?

You're dramatically shouting your opinion all over the forums, presenting it as fact. That's all there is too it.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 11:08am

Cabin Boy socratic

Dart your post was indirectly directed at me wasn't it? 

Chi-Ro: all over the forums? This is in one thread...not all over the forums...
post updated on Jul 15, 2012 @ 11:09am
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 11:11am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You've been talking about it other places too for a long time time now. It really doesn't matter either way.

You're just down to semantics.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 2:16pm

Lieutenant dart

Yes, socratic, it was directed to you and ender. 

The thing that supprises me is that... you arn't even thankful that galcon exists in the first place, quit whining, and be happy you even have galcon.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 15, 2012 @ 4:46pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Dart hasn't been here long enough. He will never understand.

Page 2 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

This thread is closed.