:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Standoff is broken

This thread is closed.

Page 4 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 1:54pm

Cabin Boy games_ender

^ Disemvowelled until Socratic can learn to at least try to speak civilly to other people. 

Ok I must admit that was pretty hilarious.
post updated on Jul 16, 2012 @ 1:54pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:00pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Every community is different. 

Your "facts" are nothing more than opinion. 

You're generalizing where you can't generalize. 

I claim that if the core of the community (I'd say the top 10% of players based on total time playing (game time, not calender time) to leave, the community would implode.

Who's right depends on the actual distribution of games played over users. I suspect the majority of games are played by a relatively small group of players without which the number of games available to play would drop off dramatically. It's only a theory of course. I'll have to look at my player data to confirm. (This could be done easily for igalcon, since phil provides the data himself.)

edit: Added that the theory could be tested for igalcon easily.
post updated on Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:01pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:13pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You misread, I didn't claim any fact beyond the fact of it happening in other games.

I stand by my stated opinion (that is backed by very similar experiences) that it most likely wouldn't implode.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:20pm

Ensign aric

I believe our thirst of an update doesnt come from a sense of entitlement, but a sense of disappointment. This game has the potential to be HUGE, its genius really. Touch screen and Galcon go hand-in-hand, and this community could be SO much bigger and SO much more profitable for Phil and us. Unfortunately, Galcon never has hit the mainstream, stayin under in a indie-cult like fashion.

Im just sad watching the community for a GREAT game slip away
post updated on Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:20pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:28pm

Ensign aric

Oh and one more thing,we are definitely NOT the 5%. Id say 20% of the ppl who play galcon also view the forums. And I want to see the numbers of new apple ids signing up every day and how long they stay.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:43pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Told you i'm not the only oldie who thinks what I think.

And pathetic that Nanno has to moderate every single post as if we are all 2 years old. No wonder this community dies daily..
post updated on Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:45pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:45pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You're an oldie? =\
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:49pm

Cabin Boy socratic

2009-2012..and nearly 2013... I'd say that's old.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:55pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Beginning of 2010, to half way through 2012. Hardly the same thing, and maybe it's just me but I disagree about it being old. ;)

You weren't even here when iGalcon, Flash, Labs, or IA Galcon came out. You joined at Fusion. =P
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:58pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Actually it's starting to make sense how you feel. You literally haven't even been around long enough to see a real update to Galcon. I've been here for them all, and because of that I'm hardly worried about the next. You joined at the last update, you don't know how it works yet.

Don't worry, be patient and it'll happen.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 3:02pm

Ensign aric

Ive been here for a while and all id like is more experimentation with this game. It is definitely top 20 paid apps material, and there is a giant skill gap currently between the new online players and  the experienced ones. Im sure its driving a few away.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 3:22pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I'm not saying I don't want an update, simply that I understand it's coming.

Keep in mind what Nanno said about Chickon. The entirety of that game was testing possible changes to Galcon. Just before that if you recall Phil sent out one or two surveys to see what people would like to see changed in Galcon.

It's going to happen, it just has to happen the right way, and that can take time.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 4:15pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Chi-ro your facts are wrong. I'm a 2008er dumbo. And i've been around for way more than 5 updates.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 4:26pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
And pathetic that Nanno has to moderate every single post as if we are all 2 years old. No wonder this community dies daily..

I moderate to the appropriate age level. If you're going to act like a two-year-old, expect to be treated like a two-year-old. 

And if the community is dying daily, I would expect that is partly due to the appalling way in which people like yourself treat others on these forums. Why do you think it is ok to treat people like garbage just because you disagree with them? I would like an answer to this last question, please.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 4:28pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Chi-ro your facts are wrong. I'm a 2008er dumbo. And i've been around for way more than 5 updates.

2009-2012..and nearly 2013... I'd say that's old.

"Joined: Feb 10, 2010"

Yes, I'm a total idiot for believing that exactly what you've said yourself, and the join date on your profile is all a lie.

Seriously, you say something in one post then say the complete opposite in the next so often it makes my brain hurt.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 6:49pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
I can settle this. The earliest date I can find on any of Socratic's accounts is "Lawl" on January 4, 2010. If I am wrong on this, he can easily prove it by naming his first Galcon account, which may have had a different email address than all the ones I've ever known him by (but I don't think there is one). 

If I am right about this, who is the "dumbo" now? ;)
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 16, 2012 @ 8:35pm

Cabin Boy KlR4

Told you i'm not the only oldie who thinks what I think.

Socratic, get over yourself. Virtually everyone knows that Galcon is amazing and has lots of potential and that the game and community is slowly declining over time. There's nothing special in that. Aric said nothing about agreeing with your views on 'standoff' or your constant whining and lack of understanding about how things work, and why or why not Phil works the way he does and produces updates for Galcon the way he does. There's plenty in the way of what/how you think... and it's pretty ridiculous. You whine on the forums like a baby without understanding or even listening to and comprehending the reasons for why things are the way they are.

There you go again with the whole "no wonder this community dies daily" thing. Just be quiet already? You're only showing off how much of an immature baby you are... you used bad language, so you were censored. It's as simple as that, yet you can't even understand something as basic as that. If you don't like it, leave? Then the community will actually 'die' a little. If you don't leave, how is it going to "die daily"??
post updated on Jul 16, 2012 @ 8:36pm
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:12am

Cabin Boy socratic

h 'm srry tht y'r  2 yr ld nd rn't llwd t hr th wrd s*. B h. Qt whnng y'r nnyng. nd  nrstnd why thngs r th wy thy r.  jst sd tht t's stpd y jst dn't lstn. Bsds,  wn't wnt t lstn t smn wh tlls m  knw nthng bt th gm,whn thy sck t th gm nd hv nvr chvd  Grnd dmrl mr thn nc.
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 17, 2012 @ 1:28am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
@socratic: Seriously? You've devolved to a post that literally doesn't have a single sentence that's not personally attack someone and flaming.

There's no place for something this uncivil on the forums.

Let me remind you there are pretty basic rules to these forums:

"By using this forum you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws."

Please refrain from breaking them again.
post updated on Jul 17, 2012 @ 1:28am
Re: Standoff is broken :: Jul 17, 2012 @ 1:38am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Sometime's it's best to just drop it and change topics.

This discussion is going nowhere anymore, so let's talk about something different.

I vote penguins.

edit: Oops, silly me. I accidentally added a closing tag for an image. Wierd.
post updated on Jul 17, 2012 @ 1:38am

Page 4 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

This thread is closed.