Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 2 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Support :: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 7, 2012 @ 3:43pm

Captain ipcress

This is a gaming forum.
When I come here, I expect to meet people who PLAY Galcon.  However, this place is becoming filled with people who seem to post non-stop, and yet hardly play the game at all.  What's with that?  If they're playing some other game besides Galcon, why don't they post to THAT gaming site?  What's even more irritating is hearing these people go on and on about how great they USED to be, blah, blah, blah, and then criticize new players or offer advice on the game--yet they don't PLAY the game.  Most often, they're here to stir up drama and post nonsense.

Can't something be done about this?

People should be allowed to post here only if they maintain a minimum number of games played.  This will encourage more people to play Galcon and promote more interesting, game-related activity here on the forums.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 7, 2012 @ 3:47pm

Lieutenant dart

Best idea post on these forums yet. ^^
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 7, 2012 @ 9:11pm

Cabin Boy sidekick

I'm in total agreement. We both know this won't even be implemented but it still makes a good point.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 8, 2012 @ 1:37am

Commander goozok

Brilliant!
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 8, 2012 @ 8:55am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Phil and I wouldn't be allowed to post to our own forum. =(
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 8, 2012 @ 9:24am

Cabin Boy pk.kyler

Phil and I wouldn't be allowed to post to our own forum. =(

I was totally waiting for nanno to respond to this thread. x P

Yeah because if that happened then Phil, nanno, chi-ro, marky, and assassin (and others) wouldn't be able to post. And those people keep these forums running.

(edit. ....wrong account.)
post updated on Aug 8, 2012 @ 9:25am
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 8, 2012 @ 9:25am

Lieutenant dart

LOL, I didn't think of that lol.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 8, 2012 @ 2:22pm

Cabin Boy KlR4

Well then those people can be exceptions! I think it's a great idea too. It'll help people remember that this is a GALCON playing forum... and encourage them to play a bit again!

You just need to figure out what kind of minimum is suitable...
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 9, 2012 @ 2:38pm

Captain ipcress

I think everyone here knows what the deal is.  This group of little kids began playing Galcon, but spent most of their time trying to manipulate the ranking system to keep their high flag.  Anyone who has ever tried to do this knows it's quite a project being a successful rank whore here.  You need to maintain a bunch of accounts, you have to move from server to server until you find the right combination of players, and then you have to be an expert team switcher.  AND you have to get lucky.  So, rather than growing up a little bit, and just playing the game like most everyone else (and risking the possibility of getting a low-rank,) these kids decide instead to become non-playing "retirees" of Galcon.  They're poseurs. Like Socratic usually says, they're soooo good, they don't bother playing anymore because there's no competition.
Ummm.... newsflash, little kids: you're not fooling anyone.  You're all mediocre players and everyone here knows it.  Maybe you're fooling some of the noobs, but that's about it.

WHY do kids who don't play the game post to these forums non-stop?  If I go to the Fusion board and post something, these same kids will get on my case for not being a Fusion player and INSIST I go back to the iGalcon boards.
"You shouldn't be posting here because you don't play the game," they'll say.  And I rarely post to the Fusion boards--because I don't play Fusion.  Like I don't play Call of Duty or HALO.  I wonder how I would be received if I started showing up on those forums, pretending to be an expert CoD player when, in fact, I don't play the game at all?

The bottom line is that you non-playing kids having nothing to contribute here.  You're just pests and attention whores.  Go to the Other Junk board and start a thread there.  Before starting this thread, I messaged most of the highly active players about this issue and found out that everyone hates you.  Although they may not admit it publicly, the people who play the game have no respect for the little phonies who run around the forums pretending to be great players and posting nothing but crap.
post updated on Aug 9, 2012 @ 2:41pm
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:36am

Ensign diebkstabber

Before starting this thread, I messaged most of the highly active players about this issue and found out that everyone hates you.  Although they may not admit it publicly, the people who play the game have no respect for the little phonies who run around the forums pretending to be great players and posting nothing but crap.

Ipcress...... I think my message got lost in the mail.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 14, 2012 @ 1:47pm

Cabin Boy KlR4

Before starting this thread, I messaged most of the highly active players about this issue and found out that everyone hates you.  Although they may not admit it publicly, the people who play the game have no respect for the little phonies who run around the forums pretending to be great players and posting nothing but crap.

Ipcress...... I think my message got lost in the mail.  

OMG mine too!
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 14, 2012 @ 1:54pm

Cabin Boy pk.kyler

What a coincidence, I didn't get one either.
post updated on Aug 14, 2012 @ 1:57pm
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:46pm

Cabin Boy sidekick

I got one, but didn't reply.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 1:06am

Cabin Boy socratic

It's funny because nobody *NEW* comes to the forums anymore. And those who do don't stay long. Sorry IPCRESS but I can talk all I want, not play galcon and still kick your ass. I did yesterday and I always will.
post updated on Aug 15, 2012 @ 1:06am
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 7:55am

Cabin Boy sidekick

Challenge accepted. IPCRESS and I against you and dart?
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 8:19am

Cabin Boy brand

oh- thats a wonderful idea ipcress. so from now on you are not allowed to talk/post about ffa, 2v2, 2 and 3 players. you dont play all this. so please be quiet. phh.
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 9:37am

Commander goozok

DIebkstabbers, I got mine.  Sorry you didn't get one. lol
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 9:51am

Cabin Boy pk.kyler

And sidekick has less games played than me!

This.
Is.
MADNESS!
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:25pm

Cabin Boy sidekick

Lolz

Edit: I think I'd be an exception.
post updated on Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:25pm
Re: Forum Restrictions for Non-Players :: Aug 16, 2012 @ 10:13pm

Ensign markuson

This is a gaming forum.
When I come here, I expect to meet people who PLAY Galcon.  However, this place is becoming filled with people who seem to post non-stop, and yet hardly play the game at all.  What's with that?  If they're playing some other game besides Galcon, why don't they post to THAT gaming site?  What's even more irritating is hearing these people go on and on about how great they USED to be, blah, blah, blah, and then criticize new players or offer advice on the game--yet they don't PLAY the game.  Most often, they're here to stir up drama and post nonsense.

Can't something be done about this?

People should be allowed to post here only if they maintain a minimum number of games played.  This will encourage more people to play Galcon and promote more interesting, game-related activity here on the forums.

I agree, and would take that a step further...

Admins, in my opinion, should maintain a minimum rank under THEIR ADMIN ACCOUNT in order to use admin commands.  Why? Because playing as an admin is a different experience than as a non admin.  we need admins who play as admins regularly.  If they don't then simply deactivate admin powers until a minimum rank is regained. I'm talking a lower rank like red flag...  That is enough to a least establish that they play.  I think this can only be a good thing...save for a bit of whining from admins who routinely play under other aliases.  That is fine to do...but unless u play as an admin...perspective is severely diminished.

Not actively playing Galcon as an admin? Then you shouldn't be admin until you are again.

M
post updated on Aug 16, 2012 @ 10:16pm

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.