:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Misc. :: Dinamic Ranking

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

Dinamic Ranking :: May 13, 2009 @ 4:48pm

Cabin Boy godlike

i was thinking, would it be to much to ask if the ranking system could be a little more like how everything gets ranked in real life? like in the Olympics where competitors get gold silver and bronze medals? (1st,2nd and 3rd place)

what im saying is that it would be cool if the best 3 players should automatically be grand admirals, we could have only 10 3stripes 20 2stripes and 30 1stripe, this way we always have people in every rank, the best player get the top spots and theres only a certain amounth of spots available.

im proposing this because the grand admiral spot has been ocupied for so little time... this way we would always have grand admirals, 1 or 2 or like i said, 3, if you guys agree and if phill likes this idea. also this would make the problem of finding 2 or 3stripe players a little easier since we would always have a fixed number of them (10 20 30 40 50 or whatever seems like a reasonable number) there are times when we only have 5 or 6 3stripes and it gets really hard to rank up.

i hope u guys like this idea.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 13, 2009 @ 4:54pm

Cabin Boy pwn.deuce

Hmm very interesting. I would like to have three grand admirals all at once. This would be my chance !!
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 13, 2009 @ 8:36pm

Cabin Boy ergoekie

but this idea isn't really as great as u think. i do not think phil will buy into it.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 13, 2009 @ 9:57pm

Cabin Boy godlike

well i... i knew some people would disagree...
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:20am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
We don't like it much.  I like to think that Grand Admiral is reserved only for those with such distinction and dedication that you know they've truly earned it, not just been put up there because they happen to be better than a few suckers below them.  Nevertheless, we have considered this idea in the past and rejected it.  Thanks for the input though!
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:26am

Cabin Boy godlike

i tried =P
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:40am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
You tried and you failed, and you're seriously close to getting banned for it.  I don't think it's funny that you stole those people's accounts so you could inflate your rank and try to be grand admiral that way.  You should be embarrassed that you achieved 3 stripes in part by cheating.  You may be a good player, but you're a poor sport and in this situation a sorry-looking poser.  Enjoy this rank while you have it because tomorrow it's going bye-bye and you'll have to start again from the bottom with a new name.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:51am

Cabin Boy godlike

wow really?? and you can prove that i did this how??? what about what 1337 said about deuce and stormz??? did you look into that too??? you better ;)

didnt you said before that registering names that were not registered was only the person that didnt register it fault? remember what you said, and lets say i did register does names (i didnt) the names where available so screw you, there can be many posible scenarios like a friend or brother registering them and losing to me because they suck, so think twice before you do anything and do any more defamation against my name because i bought this game legaly and i played all my games fair, so think twice "smartass" because this could end worst.
post updated on May 14, 2009 @ 12:55am
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:56am

Cabin Boy pwn.deuce

I really think that this is 1337 talking 

He is the ONLY one that actually took what stormz and I said seriously ...

I'm glad you finally found a way to cheat though, 1337. Now you can get that "precious" grand admiral ranking.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 12:57am

Cabin Boy pwn.deuce

Did you honestly just directly attack nanno???

*shakes his head*

Come to the IRC and talk there. Don't bring it to the forums, mate.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:00am

Cabin Boy godlike

and hey nanno, i hope i get an apology for this or i think im gonna have to get some legal council.

and no deuce im not 1337, but i was in the irc chat when stormz was explaining 1337 how he stole fifty6 account.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:03am

Cabin Boy godlike

and yeah i did? what the hell is her problem?

first whats wrong with registering "unregistered names"
second she cant prove it was me playing myself
and third she was threatening me and i did nothing against the rules so screw her.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:04am

Cabin Boy pwn.deuce

Goodbye 1337.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:12am

Cabin Boy no.way_back

This go's way too far. Let's say it was true about Deuce and Stormz.... Even then this is going WAY to far...

*Domi shake's her head too.....

I apologise Nanno for this completely retared *** since he won't be able to do it himself.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:14am

Cabin Boy pwn.stormz

godlike = 1337
05-14-2009 8:03:15 AM
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 1:16am

Cabin Boy no.way_back

Ooooops... And the truth come's out of the closet!

Thanks Stormz for ending this....
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 8:20am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Yeah, I knew from pretty much the first few posts that this was 1337.  Anyone can read the exact same style and attitude oozing between the lines in his posts.  Unfortunately we can't ban him completely at this time, so he'll just have to choose a new name and start over.  

And Godlike, just so you know, I DID check into Deuce and Stormz, as well as Yuma.  It was obvious that Yuma was a cheat and Deuce and Stormz were legit, so don't get all whiny on me about how I'm singling you out for unfair treatment.  Fact is, if you had just quietly cheated and not gotten all self-righteous about it, and even worse, defended yourself, I probably would let it slide because quite frankly, it IS partially the fault of those who don't create proper accounts, and I'm not interested in policing all the ranks one by one.  However, your ridiculous self-righteousness and misplaced indignation make you stand out as someone who really needs to be demoted (and if it continues you will be outright banned when Phil updates Galcon to allow banning particular devices).  Consider this a reprieve.  You can choose a new name and start clean and behave yourself, or, once the new ban feature is in place you can say goodbye to Galcon (unless you fancy paying for it again).

By all means, seek legal advice.  I'm sure you will find that we are perfectly within our rights to ban any user we wish for any reason , and it's printed clearly in the contract you agreed to when you bought the game.  Just cursing in the forums is quite enough to get you banned without any of the other grievances, if you will but read the rules.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 14, 2009 @ 8:38am

Cabin Boy ergoekie

C. Didn't buy into the idea.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 15, 2009 @ 7:23pm

Cabin Boy 1337

really you checked about yuma deuce and stormz??? i dont think u did... yuma never cheated, it was me letting him win jsut to see if anyone would notice, check the ips, this also proves that u didnt check the ips of who registered fifty6 becuase i know for a fact that stormz took that account.
Re: Dinamic Ranking :: May 15, 2009 @ 10:06pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Well to all appearances, it did look like Yuma was cheating by stealing unregistered accounts.  If it was with your accounts by your permission (because you were messing with people), then I don't see how you can blame US for believing he cheated.  You will notice, however, that because he didn't come whining into the forums about how righteous and abused he was, we never took any action against him and the whole thing blew over.  

The fifty6 account was willingly restored as soon as there was a complaint, so I don't know why you're even bringing it up.  I don't really care who took it because it was graciously returned.  Incident closed.  

IP's are all very well, but not always accurate when it comes to the iPhone because people transport their devices, meaning IP's can change constantly.  This is the reason Phil has not generally relied on people's IP's when banning in the iPhone version, as opposed to the desktop version where we have always used IP's to oust troublemakers.

In any case, don't steal accounts again, quit whining about being caught, and we'll consider this incident closed.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.