Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 3 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Misc. :: It's impossible to stay GA.

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 9:15am

Cabin Boy planetkiller

Hello everyone. :)

For me, it's impossible to stay GA more than 20 days.
Why ? It's simple :

You play with 3stripes, you win, so you pass GA.
But them, they win too, so they pass GA.
And some pass 2 stripes, or even less.

So after that it's impossible to find 3 stripes.

For examples +> Dejo was 3stripes. Now he is 1 stripe, so if I play him, my scores against him are going to pass in the 1stripe section, so I won't have enough weight to be 3stripes anymore.

Same if I play jorgelora, who is now GA. ( congratzz )
Same for Slemmenils.

Same for 3/4 of my 3 stripes !

So what's the solution ? I mean, put the ranks to 10 or put some " bots " in multiplayer with 3 stripes because it's not fair if we can't stay GA...

I hope I will not loose mine lol. :)
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 10:49am

Cabin Boy txgangsta

It is supposed to be more impossible to stay GA. Your at a time where GA is the easiest to achieve than its ever been in the history of Galcon.

No one maintains the GA for long. Your not supposed to. Its supposed to be a very lofty goal that is only met by the best players ever, and even then, only for a small time period. Sadly, players can currently get GA left and right, and GA no longer needs the utmost of skill levels to achieve.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 10:53am

Cabin Boy planetkiller

If you are a good player you can stay GA for long.

And you must have a minimum of skills to be GA, not everyone can be GA.

But I'm trying to have those 70% overall, to be GA like before.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 11:29am

Cabin Boy way2crazy

But they nerfed it so hard its not that hard to be GA anymore :P
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 11:36am

Cabin Boy planetkiller

Lol.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 12:44pm

Cabin Boy socratic

You sir are wrong. The highest rank a player gets to and plays u is what the weight will always stay in. Dejo eouldnt be put in the 1 stripe section...........

PS. A GOOD GA has 80 percent or more wins.... and has like 1000 plus games played. 

Manutd, Ionizedfire, Periwink, Deuce, and more fall into this category.
post updated on Jan 22, 2011 @ 12:45pm
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 12:57pm

Cabin Boy planetkiller

I just started to play, i'll try to have more than 1000 games, and for the 80% it will be hard.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 7:40pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

The requirement on desktop used to be 90 win%...

Pansies! =)
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 7:48pm

Cabin Boy deathgodriuk

Lol at the beginning we all are happy to get GA but when it makes a long time ur playing. It's actually pretty boring. I mean we don't have time(athleast i) to get GA. And hey. Nice if you got GA. But I'm sorry but you really don't need to be good to get GA. Look at jorgelora he pwns at galcon but he JUST got GA but there's nooblets out there that gets GA in no time. Know why? Cuzz they just lucked out by fightingmthe right opponents. GA isn't cool now. It shud be 90% win. GA shud be for the best...
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 9:37pm

Cabin Boy toomacho

planetkiller don't be a cry baby!  GA is not forever. GA is just a taste of what igalcon is all about! feel happy when you are at the top. And let others to be happy as well.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 11:24pm

Ensign jorgelora

I agree with deathgodriuk:(...
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 23, 2011 @ 8:49pm

Cabin Boy rebelxt

the only "solution" would be to have many more active players. this is not likely to happen. don't sweat it!
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 24, 2011 @ 4:26am

Cabin Boy mr_revenge

Well, guys, i don't play igalcon, but in fusion we are not gonna see any GA's in future months, neither in ffa, nor in teams. So making it harder to achieve is a pretty weird idea, but maybe just because i dont play igalcon ^_^
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 24, 2011 @ 11:15am

Cabin Boy txgangsta

Its impossible in fusion because of weight and the general length of games are longer. The general proposal to make it harder is because the required win%s are too low.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 12:25pm

Cabin Boy slemmenils

Before reading this, bear in mind that I play strictly FFA.

I find great amusement in reading these forums from time to time. Mostly because it reminds me of when I used to play PC FPS-games on a regular basis; most notably Counter-Strike. As nearly everyone on the Internet knows, the players in online first person shooters are often very young. These immature minds tend to bicker amongst themselves about who's best at killing others. Not an unusual act in and of itself, the bickering, but it's the way in which they do it that's funny. The ones that are losing complain how the specific map they're playing is harder for their team, and how their own weapons are somehow inferior to those of the winning team. They also like to add that they can just as easily win the game if they want to, it's just that for some reason they don't feel like it at that particular moment. After all, being no. 1 in the world is easy, it's bothering to put up the effort that's hard. Of course, that's a blatant untruth.

In the same way, I find it laughable that so many users here seem to trivialize the difficulty of becoming GA, or any other high rank for that matter. By the way people talk around here, one would expect at least 60 % of players to be single stripe or above, yet I can hardly ever find a player higher than two stripes when I play. In fact, it's **** near impossible. Furthermore, a quick look at the overall rankings will show that the vast majority of players aren't even admirals. Granted, many of the lower ranked accounts are alternates, it still doesn't come even close to the picture painted by so many forum users. Am I missing something here..?

I find that attaining any rank above single stripe admiral can provide quite the challenge for the following two reasons:

1. Due to the random nature of FFA Galcon, maintaining a consistent high win rate is not solely dependant on one's skill, but rather heavily influenced by such factors as starting position and the potentially suicidal nature of opponents.

2. A high rank means you're the obvious suicide target for most other players, especially those who play for rank alone. Thus, the odds stacked against oneself worsen exponentially as one's rank improves.

Btw, planetkiller raped my a$$ in 1v1. Granted my connection was lagging hard that day (heh), but I think he'd have won anyway. He's a pretty good player by my standards.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 3:13pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

But that's how it should be. I do not want a million 2 stripes running around. Not everyone is good enough to be a two stripe. Most are not good enough to be a three stripe. Those that deserve the GA flag should be few and far between. GA should be so hard that only once in a blue moon should someone get it. A player either should be amazingly good, or get lucky with maps for 10 days straight.

The quality of players that have reached GA has drastically declined. We want it back to the quality it was.
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 5:21pm

Ensign jorgelora

Is posible stay in ga for one month the only thing u Need is much ppl with 3stripe and 2 Stripe flags and stay winnig for moré of 15 day.....i guess.!!!:D
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 6:03pm

Cabin Boy socratic

Txgangsta, am I included in that "Quality of players that have reached GA have drastically declined" group. :c
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. (Duh) :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 10:41pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
4 GAs at once!?!?!? That's ridiculous. 

edit: Made the title more appropriate.
post updated on Jan 29, 2011 @ 10:44pm
Re: It's impossible to stay GA. :: Jan 29, 2011 @ 11:21pm

Ensign jorgelora

w t f

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.