TANKOUT - Available now on the iOS App Store and Google Play!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] iPhone :: Misc. :: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters)

This thread is closed.

Page 29 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:55am

Cabin Boy esparano

Clan: iElite

WOW and huge thumbs up to incandescent! I'm surprised you stuck around for close to a hundred games! (I was STOPusing100)  Haha.. My battery died right after you left! We can continue another day :)
post updated on Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:57am
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 8:20am

Cabin Boy brand

thumbs down to nanno for banning me for more than 2 months. phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 8:21am

Cabin Boy brand

thumbs up to nanno for making me so nice sun tanned. phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 5:24pm

Cabin Boy brand

thx for the lesson prolific. you destroyed me! phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 8:36pm

Cabin Boy ipcress

Thumbs up to FlowoodMS, who partnered with me against Brand.
We scored some good victories!  Too bad we couldn't play more, but it seemed Brand's partner had enough of losing and finally left the server.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:02pm

Cabin Boy ipcress

Brand is back...
like a dog returning to lick up its own vomit.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 16, 2012 @ 3:05am

Cabin Boy brand

poor ipcress is telling us what he is fantasizing about when facing a pretty girl. wow, old boy, tell us more. let it all out. did it start when u were a little kid? you will feel relieved sharing your trauma with us.
phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 17, 2012 @ 1:00pm

Cabin Boy brand

thumbs down to ipcress for running whenever he's on on his own in teamplay.
i know its hard for you but at lest you should try to play like a cool dude. jesus, phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 17, 2012 @ 3:08pm

Cabin Boy dart

Clan: Night_Flyers

Thumbs up to brand, for being the only one here who can tell off IPCRESS with style...
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 17, 2012 @ 3:09pm

Cabin Boy dart

Clan: Night_Flyers

Thumbs up to brand also, for staying on my teams even on the days I suck at galcon. XD
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 17, 2012 @ 8:06pm

Cabin Boy dart2000

ipcress said ...

diebkstabber wrote:

The top ranking players before used to have a code of ethics that is just lacking in the new players... It's sad, but everyone used to have better sportsmanship.

The little kids start driving out the older players until finally they're the only ones left.  
Dubst3p writes:

you guys think you are the old school, you think you give the rules on galcon, you judge people just by seeing the stats...

First of all, the older players do NOT set the tone here--the whiny, annoying kids do.  I have an opinion which I voice now and then, but it is definitely in the minority. I don't care about the chat room or the forum or all the attendant Galcon drama.  I like playing the game, and the people playing these days simply suck.  As bksatbber said, they don't even understand the basics of sportsmanship:  the multiple accounts, the obsessive rank whoring, the childish rage quitting, and annoying team switching have all become so commonplace that new players accept it as the standard.  

Heisenberg remains the King of Galcon Douchetards and his juvenile behavior indicates just how low the bar is set here.  Whenever he shows up you can expect about five minutes of severely retarded gaming.  The compulsive, non-stop switching seems intended only to annoy people, as I see him do this in very balanced rooms.  Continually fighting to partner with this person (then, that person)is something he considers "part of the game."  And then he leaves to return with an alias.  I mean... grow up... just a little bit!  And then rapidly entering/leaving the room while he's in queue. When he finally does play, it turns out he's no better than the other spaz cadets.  And in ten minutes (or less) he's gone.  Ripxsidekick: three stripe with barely 200 games played.  Come on... the only people who take this seriously or think that 3S rank is somehow legitimate are pretty stupid to begin with.  Who do you think you're fooling?  The noobs, who don't know about the silly rank whoring tricks?  Is that your target audience?  

And then there's the level of gameplay itself, which has deteriorated since the arrival of teh Gam3rr Kiddz.  I speak enough about that in my thread, but... holy crap. I used to joke about setting up "Adult Galcon."  Now it's not so funny, as the better, more intelligent players wish there were some refuge from all the little jerks who have taken over the place.

When I first started posting here I WARNED people that Galcon has to begin moving in an intelligent direction if it is to attract intelligent players.  Intelligent, mature people generally do not like random, silly games which masquerade as "Strategy Games."  They come here looking for a strategy game and find a bunch of ADHD kids hitting each other with nerf swords and continually acting-out.  So, they leave.  It's a shame we can't just put the special needs players in their own servers (and with their own FORUM!)  We could call it "Special Galcon," where everyone gets to be GA.  Otherwise, I think the game is ineluctably doomed to becoming marginalized, and eventually, superseded by another game.  And then the little kids will destroy THAT game, and so on.

Hypocrite...

You are one of the slowest players here, and even when people play great, you only criticize them, and you say "use 25%" (which is the worst percentage EVER!), and yet every time, I fight you, you lose because you're the spaz... noob... phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 9:33am

Cabin Boy brand

ipcress please try harder! its getting so boring beating you all the time. i mean i already play you with my left hand and do my nails with the right hand simultaneously... and you still lose all the time.  seriously!!!! what else can i do? jesus.phh.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 11:01am

Cabin Boy socratic

hi brand!
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 11:05am

Cabin Boy socratic

Oh, and what diebkstabber wrote is correct. 100% agree with him. They didn't drive me out though, they got boring because they sucked so bad so I pretty much quit. It was no more fun because all the "intelligent players," were mostly gone.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 1:32pm

Cabin Boy ipcress

Socratic: One-Stripe Admiral with 34 games played.
THIRTY-FOUR!!!
Great rank-whoring, Socs! Lowest number of games played of ANY striped admiral.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 1:54pm

Cabin Boy liron...

Clan: Galconians

ugh, you rankwhore, socratic
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 2:24pm

Cabin Boy ipcress

I think that's a new record.
He gets his aliases to partner with the people playing against him, guaranteeing a win.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 6:02pm

Ensign diebkstabber

Wow ipcress! That is a huge accusation. Socratic is a very capable player, one of the best I've played, I'm positive that accusation is false. I never get involved in these flame wars, but that's just bad form my friend. 
  Low game count .. Certainly
  Rank whoring... Possible  (but not probable)
  Outright cheating.... Impossible!
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 8:36pm

Cabin Boy ipcress

I'll message you about it.
Re: Great Thread of Thumbs VI (The Only One That Matters) :: Aug 20, 2012 @ 9:20pm

Cabin Boy sidekick

Clan: iElite

Thumbs up to brand for trying to beat me by switching the teams every time she lost.

Page 29 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.