:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 3 1   2   3 

Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 1:25pm

Cabin Boy philhassey

The Developer
Not sure when it'll be approved, but hey .. Check out the video in the meantime!

www.galcon.com/labs/ 

Cheers!
-Phil
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 1:34pm

Cabin Boy pk.56

Looks mighty awesome, can't wait for it to come out !
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 1:37pm

Cabin Boy v-strategy-v

omg those are great ideas. I think my favs will be Assassin and Billiards :D
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 1:43pm

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

It all looks good :)

Are these modes all going online?
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 1:57pm

Cabin Boy philhassey

The Developer
Yep, all modes are online!

-Phil
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 2:16pm

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

Hmmm...

these new modes are going to change everyones playing style, I like the assasin idea, is that 2-4 player or just 3?

how does assisin work? is it if two planets send ships at each other they colide or is it if they meet in open space from any planet?
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 2:55pm

Cabin Boy quickrime

Looks really cool. I have a few questions / comments, though.

First, a minor complaint: the screenshots of Crash don't show the ships Crashing! I would say the screenshots of Billiards don't show the planets moving but that's hard to help.

Here's a quick one. In Assassins, can you attack people besides your mark? The answer should be yes, I think.

I assume this will be a separate download / game from regular Galcon. This is all fine and good, the only comment I have is that it would be nice to be able to view all games of all game types from the same screen, including both regular and labs games. The reason for this is sometimes circumstances such as a friend being online or an empty slot in a high-ranked game becoming available might cause me to choose a gametype I would otherwise pass over. You might consider allowing a Galcon Labs user to join regular games. At the very least it should be an option to have the Labs server list show all kinds of Labs games.

Sorry if this sounded negative. This is a really exciting development in the Galcon saga and it certainly goes on my list of iPhone Games I Can Hardly Wait For To Come Out This Fall (currently 3 and 1 update long. It's going to be an unproductive end of the year.)
post updated on Sep 24, 2009 @ 2:57pm
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 3:40pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
It would be nice to be able to view all games of all game types from the same screen, including both regular and labs games. The reason for this is sometimes circumstances such as a friend being online or an empty slot in a high-ranked game becoming available might cause me to choose a gametype I would otherwise pass over. You might consider allowing a Galcon Labs user to join regular games. At the very least it should be an option to have the Labs server list show all kinds of Labs games.

I believe Phil already has this covered. It shows your friends names at the top of the screen with the server type beside it. 

In Assassins, can you attack people besides your mark? The answer should be yes, I think.

I think this will answer Zmar01's question too... 

Assassin will be only for 3-4 players, and each person is targeting a single other player. Here's how it works: Red, White, and Blue are playing. Red targets Blue, Blue targets White, White targets Red. Red can certainly kill White  if he wants to, but that would make Blue win the game since Blue's target would be killed first. It's basically an "everyone suicide someone else" mission, and the round ends as soon as a single player is removed from the screen. It's a ton of fun, and I think some amazing strategies and twists will come out of this particular mission.
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 4:18pm

Cabin Boy sky_lark

This is so very cool! :)

I love the music in the video... will that be in the game?  Also, how much will the game cost?

What's crazy is that I was sure I had the bases covered.  I thought maybe a new mini-game or Galcon: FaceBook Edition would be released next... never thought about a sequel!

I'm excited!! :)
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 5:31pm

Cabin Boy v-strategy-v

Crap....cant see the video on ipod.. 

How much will this be...cause as much as i love galcon as the next guy, im broke :(

$2.99 please? :D
post updated on Sep 24, 2009 @ 5:33pm
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 6:13pm

Captain wallplant

how much?? im excited for this. im gonna get it as soon as it comes out. then only hardcore people will have the game and no noobs. itll be really great i think for a month. then it will just be great
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 6:59pm

Cabin Boy sky_lark

/me wants Galcon Labs to be free.

lol
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 7:34pm

Cabin Boy v-strategy-v

Yeah thats the truth wallplant... 
Lol sky_lark free works too :)
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 7:41pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

Wow. I'm floored, to be honest.

Nanno, I can understand why you would want to charge for this "sequel" to Galcon, but how about just making Galcon Labs instead be an update (2.0?) to Galcon. You can still charge for the update if you do that. I say make it an update just for consistency's sake, as Galcon Labs is basically the same game as Galcon, but with 4 extra modes. Plus, all the ratings and reviews from Galcon will not be on Galcon Labs. Galcon Labs will be starting from scratch in the views/reviews. So why not just make it a paid update? Besides all that, it's cumbersome to have Galcon and Galcon Labs both installed at the same time...
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 10:22pm

Cabin Boy stormz

well also not every one is gonna wanna pay for extra modes eragmus 
so for the people who dont want to pay they also can get any free updates from then on because they don't want to buy galcon again

it makes since to make a second app to make money
you don't go and alienate your current customers by asking for more money and if they don't no more updates
post updated on Sep 24, 2009 @ 11:10pm
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 10:37pm

Cabin Boy way2crazy

Whoo ho can't wait :^) tks phill
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 24, 2009 @ 11:59pm

Cabin Boy sky_lark

@ any developers: What's the rate time for iPhone apps these days?  I think it's 1-2 weeks but just checking.
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 2:13am

Cabin Boy superbock

looks very promising. please make it an update and charge 100$ for it!
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 10:11am

Cabin Boy eragmus

well also not every one is gonna wanna pay for extra modes eragmus 
so for the people who dont want to pay they also can get any free updates from then on because they don't want to buy galcon again

it makes since to make a second app to make money
you don't go and alienate your current customers by asking for more money and if they don't no more updates

Yeah, but stormz, I don't see what other free updates will be coming to Galcon though. It seems to me that Galcon Labs IS an update for Galcon. I don't know, my point is that by doing this, Phil and Nanno are fracturing the Galcon audience. It would be much better to be able to go to Net Game as usual and be able to choose between all the current options (1v1, 2v2, 4p) and the new options (billiards, assassin, crash stealth).

Don't you agree? Without such an option, I fear there will be a lack of players after a while on Galcon Labs various modes. So, I guess my main concern is that the four new online modes on Galcon Labs need to be integrated with the current online modes in Galcon, so that anyone from regular Galcon can also get into the action and play the same online modes.

Now that I'm thinking about it more, I DEFINITELY think it should be the "awesome" update (Galcon 2.0) that everyone was waiting for. If you wanna charge for the update, sure, do so. But no more than a $1 and I'm sure most will pay for it.

Nanno, I really want your thoughts on this post :)
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 10:35am

Cabin Boy quickrime

@ sky_lark: in my experience, the app approval people can be inconsistant and sometimes very, very slow. One update I was looking forwards to (Star Hogs 1.2) sat in limbo for several months before the developer gave up because the next update (1.3)  was already nearly finished.

Yeah, but stormz, I don't see what other free updates will be coming to Galcon though. It seems to me that Galcon Labs IS an update for Galcon. I don't know, my point is that by doing this, Phil and Nanno are fracturing the Galcon audience. It would be much better to be able to go to Net Game as usual and be able to choose between all the current options (1v1, 2v2, 4p) and the new options (billiards, assassin, crash stealth). 

Don't you agree? Without such an option, I fear there will be a lack of players after a while on Galcon Labs various modes. So, I guess my main concern is that the four new online modes on Galcon Labs need to be integrated with the current online modes in Galcon, so that anyone from regular Galcon can also get into the action and play the same online modes.

This was also a concern of mine (see post above). While I was more focused on the inconvenience this causes for infrequent but cross-version players, I can also see it becoming an issue by dividing and thus reducing the player pool for each version. My suggestion would to be to make Labs an advanced version, more expensive but with all the regular features as well as the new. I'm no expert on app business, though, so you'll have to work out exactly how to price things. Maybe you could give a discount to those who already own Galcon somehow? Maybe with a code you get with regular Galcon?

Page 1 / 3 1   2   3 

You must sign in to post.