Galcon 2 launched on Desktop and Steam and the iOS App Store! 613 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today

You must sign in to post.

Page 2 / 3 1   2   3 

Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:16am

Cabin Boy eragmus

quickrime, yeah. Either make it an update to Galcon for like $1 (instant buy price point for most people) or make sure Galcon Labs has everything that Galcon (regular) has.

Another thing in this area that worried me was that in the screenshots for Galcon Labs, I didn't see several things:
- no beast, vacuum, 3-way modes in single player menu
- no chat, forum links in multiplayer menu

The things introduced with Galcon Labs are amazing; I'm definitely still floored by what you guys did. I just think the logistics of this need to be thought out some more...
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:18am

Cabin Boy philhassey

Clan: Galconicorn

The Developer
App approval takes "about 2 weeks" now-a-days.  So it'll be a while yet.

Cheers!
-Phil
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:01pm

Commander sky_lark

Thanks.  I figure that although sometimes they take months, those are relatively rare cases.

I'm really excited for Galcon Labs... I think that it will be more for the people who love Galcon already.  Anybody who hasn't played Galcon before hopefully will go with the Classic mode.
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:07pm

Cabin Boy philhassey

The Developer
I actually think this will have even MORE appeal to non-Galcon players due to all the interesting variation.  The moving planets is LOADS of fun, and the assassin mode is just a totally different game.  Stealth and Crash both offer some really different spins on the strategy of the game.  Visually this game is even more fascinating than Galcon with that variety.  Also, each mission has its own soundtrack, so there are 6 different music tracks in the game.

-Phil
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:34pm

Cabin Boy periwink

Galcon Labs seems sooo great! Making a new app will probably help you get more publicity - I'm sure it will make it to the top 50 (it should be top 1 though :P) I think you made the right choice (to make a new app instead of a new update)

Concerning the modes:
-billiard seems to be a mode designed just for fun; just plain, crazy and hilarious games; ideal to relax ;)
-stealth is very, very interesting. It's nice that you can see the initial direction of the opponent's fleet. There will be some awesome new strategies like sending fleets on the opposite direction to where you want to go, then turn around in mid-air.. great stuff
-crash is, i think, the most revolutionary mode. The strategies will be COMPLETELY different (there are some examples on the video); this ode is the most "strategic" one
-assassin is a big like billiards; it's mainly a "for-fun-only" game. Though psychology will play an incredible role during these games (quickrime will love it :D), and it will require some fast and clever thinking. (it seems to be an FFA game where everyone keeps exchanging places, an FFA without any pause -> yeah!! There will be some major issues with cheating/ being assigned a noob/ a pro/ etc..)

All the modes add tons of new aspects and strategies to the game, it's definitely a great update! I <3 you Phil :)

(Will there be normal games, and 2v2 modes in the app? Will people from Galcon be able to play with people from Galcon Labs?)
post updated on Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:37pm
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 1:06pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
To Eragmus (and anyone else who is concerned that this game is not an update), there are some very good reasons why we chose to make this a whole separate game. First of all, updates get relatively little press or attention compared to new games. Second, a new game is far more likely to get featured by Apple (since the original was featured once or twice already when it first came out). Getting featured is one of the best ways to boost your game to the top. We would like to see Galcon Labs get into the top games not only because it will be awesome, but also because it will bring much-needed attention to the original Galcon as well.

Also, if the game does well enough, I'm hoping Phil can keep adding missions to the game. I like to think of Labs as an experimental version of the original game (hence the name "Labs"). We can try things that would totally ruin/change the nature of the original game and see how it goes. If one mode is not popular, we could possibly faze it out and replace it with a new "experiment". Or we could just add new modes and keep the old ones as well (if they're all good). Personally, I'd like to see the King of the Hill suggestion be implemented, and I'd especially love to see a "Truce" mode where players are not able to attack each other until after a certain amount of time, allowing them to take neutrals and build up "fortresses" before they can attack. I'm hoping Labs is popular enough to allow this kind of expansion in the future. 

And that's where you guys come in! We need hype and excitement! If every person on Phil's mailing list were to buy Galcon Labs on the first day, it would launch this game into stardom. We could be #1 in the App Store! So tell your friends, your neighbors, your great-auntie Matilda! We need to get so many downloads it breaks the App Store!
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 1:33pm

Cabin Boy philhassey

The Developer
I can't wait for "Phil's game" where it lets me win.

-Phil
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 2:04pm

Cabin Boy stormz

hey phil for more appeal galcon needs a back ground story with a story line makes it more interestin =P
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 6:15pm

Commander sky_lark

I actually think this will have even MORE appeal to non-Galcon players due to all the interesting variation.  The moving planets is LOADS of fun, and the assassin mode is just a totally different game.  Stealth and Crash both offer some really different spins on the strategy of the game.  Visually this game is even more fascinating than Galcon with that variety.  Also, each mission has its own soundtrack, so there are 6 different music tracks in the game.

-Phil

I thought about it a bit more and I think you're right.  This wicked, distorted game mode type might be more appealing to those rather than some standard combat (which is fun, but not as appealing).

And I will be purchasing it ASAP, but if possible post a tweet or newsletter or something so I can remember. :)
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 25, 2009 @ 10:06pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
And I will be purchasing it ASAP, but if possible post a tweet or newsletter or something so I can remember. :)

Never fear. Phil always spams everyone whenever an opportunity presents itself. =)
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 26, 2009 @ 2:49am

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

What kind of story line?

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away there was a blue planet and a red planet who both wanted domination over the galaxy.....

Seriously it's not going to work with the current modes.
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 26, 2009 @ 8:08am

Cabin Boy v-strategy-v

hahahaha zmar... Thats funny but i do agree. The youtube video for the originsl galcon is a pretty good storyline (but in a video concept) maybe you can implement that into words?
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Sep 27, 2009 @ 7:11am

Cabin Boy txgangsta

That was the coolest thing I've seen in my entire life. Now i can never get an iPhone because that is what I would being doing all day.
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 1:43pm

Cabin Boy j.t.kirk

It's out! Everyone play, all the servers are completely empty right now...
Galcon Labs -- NOW AVAILABLE!!! :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 1:58pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

OMG IT IS OUT!!! HOLY CRAP!!!
PHIL SEND OUT THE EMAIL THAT IT'S OUT!!!! TELL PEOPLE TO BUY IT WITHIN 24 HOURS SO THAT IT CAN BE JOLTED TO THE TOP 100!!!! IT'S NO GOOD IF PEOPLE WAIT AND BUY IT OVER A FEW DAYS! NANNO PHIL OMG AHHHHHHH AND WHY HASN'T TOUCHARCADE REPORTED ON THIS YET!!!
post updated on Oct 1, 2009 @ 2:00pm
Re: Galcon Labs is now available! :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 2:57pm

Cabin Boy no.dachi

Brilliant! So far just as good as I hoped! Good games Kirk and Zmar!

One thing I was pleasantly surprised by was the music: lots of different tracks, much better than I expected (which was pretty good already).

Oh, and thanks for making it $1. Is that an opening sale? Because this stuff is worth it's weight in gold. Oh, wait, that's nothing because programs don't technically weigh anything. I know, print out all the code and weigh the paper, then convert to current gold prices and fix the price! Actually, that might be a tad too expensive.
post updated on Oct 1, 2009 @ 3:26pm
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 2:59pm

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

Ggs I lost connection towards the end so the last 2 games didn't count lol

yerr we need more people playing everyone. Yerr it's hard to find people so an in app chat would be good
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 3:22pm

Cabin Boy stormz

crash needs more planets when u get 3 people in there you have to be a mother f'in brave soul to go first lol
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 3:57pm

Cabin Boy the_musician

Sweet!!!  :)

Was able to win as grand against the computer in all categories already!  lol  :)  Billiards was the hardest because the amount of time to get to each planet was not what I expected.   And under Crash, I could not play at ALL using 100% or I got wiped out.  50% rules that one apparently.  Assassin was serious fun!  Got really interesting trying to guess where the opponents would send to next. Stealth got tricky a few times when I couldn't see the size of fleet the computer sent... but in the end it was really just a game of classic galcon and the same rules for winning applied.

Hope more people are online now so I can play against people instead...

Phil...  one word...  STUNNING!

Well done!
Re: Galcon Labs submitted to Apple today :: Oct 1, 2009 @ 4:07pm

Cabin Boy the_musician

OMG BILLIARDS RULES ON MULTIPLAYER!

Page 2 / 3 1   2   3 

You must sign in to post.