:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (2)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: Galcon Labs To-Do List

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 4, 2009 @ 7:49pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

As you're probably aware, Galcon Labs is doing really, really well! Everyone seems to love it, with very, very few complaints about problems. The user reviews on the App Store are all positive. It's awesome. I have some ideas though... based on what I'm reading about people's opinions and things I'm thinking of. 

Whoever's reading, feel free to comment on any point if you agree/disagree/etc. Nanno was appalled at the length of the list and decided she wanted to be secretive, so I'm giving it to the community to run with and pressure Nanno, or not.

1. A "custom game creater" for multiplayer (definitely) and single-player (less of a priority)  would be awesome. But some different things to think about re: this idea. Sure, maybe users could create custom maps (selecting planet position, production, # of homes, etc.) but another way it could be a "custom game" would be to let users choose what modes should be applied, for instance applying crash, billiards, and stealth or just crash and billiards. You know what I mean? Such custom games would not be ranked, of course. 

2. 2v2 option for every mode (preferably) or at least for crash, billiards, and stealth 

3. Ability to add 1-2 bots to any single player mode (for a total of 4 players... 1 human, 3 bots) -- this would make single player mode vastly more fun, I think. It would require some good AI though, to make the bots do intelligent things for every mode. It should be relatively easy though, since Desktop Galcon allows multiple bots and the coding for the AI for one bot for every mode is already done. So combine both things and add an option in the interface to choose how many bots (1-3) you want in the game.

4. Please tell me what you guys are thinking as far as combining Galcon and Galcon Labs into one product and the future. Personally, I used to think it was a terrible idea to have these two separate apps, but now, I think it might work. Either way, you will probably annoy the Labs users if you combine Labs into Galcon, or you'll annoy the Labs users if they had bought Galcon after buying Labs, only to find they wasted a dollar. At the same time, I fear that Galcon's players will decrease and move to Labs, or the other way around. So please think about how to fix this issue. One of the only ways I can see it being fixed is if Galcon Labs is actually turned into a real sequel to Galcon. Then, Galcon's FFA/2v2 classic modes and such could all be integrated into Labs and released as an update soon. Please tell me what you and Phil are thinking about this issue, as it is a VERY important thing to start thinking about, if you haven't already. 

#4 is the only thing that is generating confusion among people online, by the way. They don't understand what's going on or they're disappointed about having two apps and wish you just made it a DLC update, instead. I think DLC is a way to charge for extra content in an app, without having to create a new app.

5. Chat/Forum links in Galcon Labs -- why are they missing? planning on adding them back in? i think you should because the community helps people get better and helps keep them here. 

6. How is Galcon Labs gonna be advertised to all the people who bought Galcon and got Galcon Lite? Do you have a system in place? If not, maybe think of a way to solve this problem... this would be another good way to get more momentum into Labs' sales.

7. "eragmus joined" and "eragmus left" type message whenever anyone enters or leaves a server?

8. "messaging" / "alliance-forming" in FFA games in stealth, billiards, and crash modes (and classic) as detailed here --> http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/16/2100/?cur=0#21606 

9. Design of app... the design has moved from having planets (to go to different features, etc.) in a 3 by 3 arrangement (9 balls) in Galcon 1.5 to having planets/button-like things in this type of arrangement in the menu/single-player/multiplayer sections in 1.7 and 1.8: 
O_O 
_O_ 
O_O 

O = in-app link to something 
_ = blank space 

So, as the number of modes or other things (chat/forums links) increase, how do you plan on dealing with it? how will the design change?  

AND FINALLY.

9. HACK(lol)/BOYCOTT/PICKET/PROTEST TOUCHARCADE FOR STILL NOT REVIEWING GALCON LABS hehe ;o
post updated on Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:17pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 4, 2009 @ 10:41pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

Make this for desktop.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:48am

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

So I still don't think people know how to play assasin, or it's night be their first games but people are attacking their assasin not their target (3 player) unless there is a targeting problem. Possibly a better instructions?

billiards jumpping/lag
post updated on Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:50am
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 8:22am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
Crash for desktop crash for desktop crash for desktop crash for desktop
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 8:26am

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
All in good time, Assassin, all in good time. ;)
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:35am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
thankyounannoyouistotalzthebest!

Also thank you to your lovely husband for naming one of the new modes after me! I was very flattered.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 11:32am

Cabin Boy sky_lark

I like it being two separate apps. Like previously mentioned before, updates don't have as much exclamation as new apps do.  I think that Galcon Labs will shoot to the top and with a little bit of marketing strategy, bring iGalcon Classic with it.

My only bothers with Galcon Labs are the server rooms, which I described in another thread, and the bot increase/decrease and rate of speed.

EDIT: Ah, and since Galcon Labs has a few new multiplayer additions, maybe a shake to show production would be useful here.  Simply give the device a quick whiplash and the production of planets would be shown in cyan.  Give the device another quick whiplash and it would be back to normal.  Or maybe you don't need the second whiplash, the production numbers would just fade back into the amount numbers?
post updated on Oct 5, 2009 @ 11:36am
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 6:22pm

Cabin Boy aric

1. Combine Stealth and Crash modes

2. Stop it from being cracked (theres already one)
May i reccommend http://ripdev.com/kaliap ?
post updated on Oct 5, 2009 @ 7:00pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 7:58pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

Haha, wow, yeah a stealth/crash combo would be pretty interesting! You could use a small fleet to search for hiding enemy fleets ;)
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 8:01pm

Cabin Boy aric

duh
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 5, 2009 @ 8:03pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

pshh
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:55am

Cabin Boy gammatigerx

When you click on someone's buddy icon, there's no cancel option, so you're basically stuck doing one of three things to them, or exiting the app. I find that quite annoying when you accidentally click that.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 8:08am

Cabin Boy stormz

Click the middle one its the default one its neutral so its basically a cancel button nice to see ya gamma =D
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 9:21am

Cabin Boy v-zmar01-v

I have spoken to nanno about this, alot of people download it cracked then if they like it they pay for it, which is what I did.

Using that piece of code could bring down sales. 
I was suggesting that he just have a message somewhere like on the main menu or a pop up.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 9:45am

Cabin Boy eragmus

When you click on someone's buddy icon, there's no cancel option, so you're basically stuck doing one of three things to them, or exiting the app. I find that quite annoying when you accidentally click that.

HOLY FLYING FISH IT'S *beep*ing GAMMA!!!!!!
post updated on Oct 6, 2009 @ 12:58pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:00pm

Cabin Boy no.fear

ERA NO. Every time you ever get a chance you ask for alliances and meassaging in game. IT WILL NOT WORK.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:18pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

no.fear, it CAN and WILL work --> i updated my post with the link showing how it will work. here's the link --> http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/16/2100/?cur=0#21606 

read that and visualize it and you'll see it's totally awesome for FFA games
post updated on Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:19pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:55pm

Cabin Boy aric

I have spoken to nanno about this, alot of people download it cracked then if they like it they pay for it, which is what I did.

Using that piece of code could bring down sales. 
I was suggesting that he just have a message somewhere like on the main menu or a pop up.

Thats what they all say....
And think of it this way:
Most galcon labs players have played galcon, that should be enough incentive. And if crackers cant crack the app, they will ask for help, further advertising it.
That software doesnt make it uncrackable, just very hard to crack.
post updated on Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:56pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 7:08pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

nanno... just so the cracking issue is clear

this is what we mean when we say galcon has been cracked
galcon --> http://appulo.us/appdb/?page=viewapp&id=246 
galcon labs --> http://appulo.us/appdb/?page=viewapp&id=11820 

someone just goes to that link, downloads the ipa file, then drags it into itunes, connects a jailbroken ipod touch or iphone, syncs, and voila! galcon or galcon labs for free. it's super easy.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 7:21pm

Cabin Boy txgangsta

sue!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.