:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: Galcon Labs To-Do List

You must sign in to post.

Page 2 / 2 1   2 

Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 8:27pm

Cabin Boy gammatigerx

Apple has. The reason appulous isn't shut down is because they only *link* to cracked apps. They don't actually host anything that's illegal, so there's nothing they can get taken down for.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 6, 2009 @ 8:41pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

LOL! So Appulous is using the same defense as torrent hosting sites.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 7, 2009 @ 7:53pm

Cabin Boy aric

Piraters even admit to pirating and not paying afterwards. Zmar, ur talking about a very small % whom actually "pay".

http://xsellize.com/showthread.php?t=61117&page=10 

Go to RCRX's post and ull see what im talking about.

And eragmus, u no longer have to even drag it into itunes.

Also, zmar, u cant put a message for only people playing cracked apps; EVEryONE with the app will see it. U cant really differentiate.
post updated on Oct 7, 2009 @ 7:56pm
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 7, 2009 @ 8:03pm

Cabin Boy eragmus

RCRX's post:
Most people(including me) use installous solely to pirate the apps. If they wanted to "test" them, they'd use the lite versions in the appstore, or just watch a review on the hundreds of app review sites.

Sounds more or less true. I only paid for Galcon because I got extraordinarily involved with this game through the forums, chat, etc. and got to know the creator and his wife better. If it had just been me and the game, I would not have felt the urge to buy it. I'm pretty sure about that. Nanno, this is just how it is for most people, unfortunately. My family won't steal stuff in general, but when it comes to virtual things like music, movies, games, software, they have no guilt "stealing" it and it's the same for most of my family friends and their parents. And most kids who play Galcon certainly don't have the maturity or whatever to "feel bad" or pay for something to "support" the developer. I say protect it. I've encountered apps before, where I've gotten the cracked version and when I open it on the Touch, it tells me I'm a pirate and tells me to buy it. So, the technology definitely works and the workaround I found is much more technical and involves SSHing into the iPod and manually removing some code.

Besides, Galcon could use the extra sales... it rose to a high of #59 but has already fallen to #90 on US Paid Games after only 5 days on the marketplace. It needs a big boost.
Re: Galcon Labs To-Do List :: Oct 7, 2009 @ 10:52pm

Cabin Boy aric

Its the DRM eragmus. With installous 3.0 that wonthappen anymore (messageS)

Plus even with the messages theres not much they can do about it

Page 2 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.