:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: My Diary

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 5 1   2   3   4   5 

My Diary :: Sep 25, 2010 @ 9:00am

Cabin Boy externalist

Clan: Guardians

Instead of posting random rants and thoughts as a single thread, I'm just gonna post everything here... You could either just read, reply, or completely ignore the following posts.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 25, 2010 @ 9:06am

Cabin Boy externalist

It's so easy to win 1v1 Crash... Everybody is playing Crash FFA(which I think is stupid btw), and lacking 1v1 skills. So if someone who specializes in 1v1 creates a room every time to 1v1, he will most likely get a 80~90% win with all opponents. I mean seriously, why does everybody play Crash FFA? Theres only like 1 or 2 strategies you can pull off to make yourself win, which doesn't even give you a 70 or 80% win but maybe like 50~60%. The ones that come to mind are

1. send your ships to one of the small planets right next to you little bits at a time hoping that the enemy won't notice with high confidence that most of your ships are in that planet. Wait for a right time. Vulch.

2. Stay very still........... Do everything you can to NOT offend any of the other players. Eventually the other guys will fight each other. After 1 guy is almost down, attack.

...stupid. 1v1 on the other hand... rocks. :)
Re: My Diary :: Sep 26, 2010 @ 8:31am

Cabin Boy thesandman

Crash 1v1 > crash FFA. yes.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 27, 2010 @ 10:28am

Cabin Boy externalist

I can't describe in words of how much I hate this guy.

setdeath

I just hate him so much. Period.
Usually I would highly discourage suiciding people that you hate, but this guy, I would suicide myself. That's how much I hate this guy. You can laugh at me if you want. But before doing so, play a couple games with this guy. And soon you will share the same emotions that I have.
Anyway, setdeath, if you read this, the next time we meet, prepare for my mass suicide on you. I will do it continuously, and consistently, up to the point where whenever you join one of my rooms, you will immediately flee. Good day, and Good Game.
post updated on Sep 27, 2010 @ 10:29am
Sever & Client discrepancies :: Sep 27, 2010 @ 9:10pm

Cabin Boy externalist

There are times when you are flying a pack of ships in midair and you make the tip(like 2~3 ships) touch one of the enemy's planets but the number on the planets remain the same. I know this when the enemy does that to me. He scratches my planet, but the number count remains the same.
On the other hand, when I'm flying around in midair and right before I touch the enemy's planet, I pull back, but then the 'chip' sound when you touch an enemy's planet plays and you can see the effect of a ship or two crashing on the enemy's planet, even if I made sure and saw with my bare eye's that my ships pulled back right before it touched the planet. This kind of stuff is negligible of course, but it happens sometimes and just thought I'd point it out.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 12:09am

Cabin Boy medeman

Clan: Galconians

Dont mass suicide him!

This is not the solution.

First try to talk with him.

And just go to rooms with at least one admin in it.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 4:03am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
Yeah, listen to medeman. Suiciding isn't gonna help.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 8:11am

Cabin Boy Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
Except that this is iPhone Labs, not Fusion. There is no "talking" to the guy because there is no chat in iPhone Galcon. There is no finding a room with an admin in it because there are no admins in iPhone Galcon. The dynamics of the game are very different on the iPhone. Of course, I still don't endorse intentional suicide, but the solutions Medeman presents are not very helpful in this case. ;)
post updated on Sep 28, 2010 @ 8:12am
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 10:12am

Cabin Boy externalist

Yeah, like nanno said, there is no talking in iGalcon so everything you judge about a guy comes from his playstyle. And I assure you, if you experience setdeath's playstyle, then you will hate him as much as I do. This guy... If I met him in real life, I would punch him in the face, kick his balls, then upercut him 86 times, but that's just only some of the many things I will do. God I hate this guy.
post updated on Sep 28, 2010 @ 10:15am
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 10:36am

Cabin Boy Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
Calm yourself, man. Let's not bring real life into the discussion.
Re: My Diary :: Sep 28, 2010 @ 10:47am

Cabin Boy externalist

I was only joking about the real life thing. :)
But yeah, before I go to sleep I want to say one last time,

GET A LIFE SETDEATH
Re: My Diary :: Oct 1, 2010 @ 7:33pm

Cabin Boy externalist

I just noticed the 'Push Effect'.
This happens when you send ships from one planet to another using 50% and swipe as fast as you can multiple times to the same planet. This increases the ship's speed by maybe 1.3~1.5 times faster. The reason this happens is because of the game physics. Each individual ship wants to maintain an equal amount of distance from the other ships right next to each other, so if you send a pack of ships and then send another pack right after, the second pack pushes the first pack so both packs can equalize the distance of the individual ships of the whole pack.

I can see 3 uses of this technique.

1. When are in a very urgent situation and want to support another planet very quickly.
2. When you want to take an enemy's planet with low defense count right next to you really quickly.
3. When you want to bluff that you have many ships

3 is because the number of ships are bigger by sending 50% consequetively than send 100% just 1 time, and the ships travel faster so it'll 'scare' the enemy more.
Not so many situations you can use this but when you're playing a game, it just comes to you in a particular situation that 'I should use the push effect RIGHT NOW' and sometimes that makes you eventually win the game.
Re: My Diary :: Oct 2, 2010 @ 1:06am

Cabin Boy medeman

Except that this is iPhone Labs, not Fusion. There is no "talking" to the guy because there is no chat in iPhone Galcon. There is no finding a room with an admin in it because there are no admins in iPhone Galcon. The dynamics of the game are very different on the iPhone. Of course, I still don't endorse intentional suicide, but the solutions Medeman presents are not very helpful in this case. ;)

Oh, I forgot that...Another reason for chat in iGalcon =)
Re: My Medeman :: Oct 2, 2010 @ 5:34am

Cabin Boy roxie

who needs chat in iglacon?
Re: My Medeman :: Oct 2, 2010 @ 6:12am

Cabin Boy medeman

who needs chat in iglacon?

I do xD
Re: My Medeman :: Oct 2, 2010 @ 7:36am

Cabin Boy iPhone6

I dont
Re: My Diary :: Oct 6, 2010 @ 12:56pm

Cabin Boy externalist

Guidelines on winning 1v1 Crash... Might write a full fledged tutorial one day. In the meanwhile, here's the most essential points.

1. Switch quickly between 50% to 100%. Do not maintain 50% at all times unless absolutely necessary. Your enemy will 100% and take advantage of it.

2. Keep track of the amount of ships in each planet the enemy has. Attack faster than your enemy on the weaker and CLOSER(important) planet. 1~2 more seconds of owning 4 planets = higher chance to win.

3. Create a beginning strategy. Beginning strategy is a set of actions you take immediately when the game starts. The planets can have 3(or 4 if you take distance into account) major layouts, so you have to create 3 strategies that work best for you in each situation.
Personally, I have a beginning strategy for each position where I attack 2 planets simultaneously. One attack might fail, but when the enemy is concentrating on defending the first attack, the other attack succeeds. As mentioned before, owning 4 planets for a few seconds = higher chance to win. The first attack might succeed, but in turn, the enemy might attack one of my weaker planets. Still, the second attack will succeed while the enemy is busy taking down my one planet. Right when the second attack succeeds, I have 4 planets for a few seconds. -> Higher chance to win.
I also have a backup plan when the worst case scenario happens and I can't own 4 planets but only 3.
All these plans contribute in increasing my chance to win. Make a VERY GOOD beginning strategy, and practice it until you master it.

4. To use the beginning strategy, you must immediately recognize in the very beginning the planet's orientation. It should not take more than 1 second. After that, carry out your beginning strat immediately without hesitation.

5. NEVER 100% when a pack of the enemy's ships are touching your planet's surface that's being targeted. This is very important. The server and client discrepency, and also other factors such as one single ship that unintentionally evades the 100% attack and crashes on the empty planet, can create a very weird situation where both you and the enemy's planet started out with 100, but when the enemy's ships are scratching your planet's surface and if you 100% during that timeframe, your planet suddenly gets taken(!). When your ships are done crashing on the enemy's planet, the enemy's planet is safe and while your planet is taken.
So just stand guard or quickly switch back to 50% until the enemy's pack of ships are not touching your planet's surface anymore.

6. Use 2 swipes on 50% to send 75%. You will almost never use 75% unless in very special situations, and changing from 75% to another % eats up a lot of your precious time. Swipe twice on 50. It's a lot faster, and is equivalent to 75%.

7. When you meet someone who likes redirecting and fools around with you, Crash on his pack of ships instead of supporting your planet. Crashing on the pack of ships is equivalent to defending the planet he might have redirected to. The resulting enemy's pack will be a lot smaller and will be more comfortable to defend.

8. When the enemy sends a HUGE(100 or 150) amount of ships to one of your planets that also have a huge count(100 or over) stand guard. Don't Crash your 100 into his. His huge pack of 100% travels slightly slower than normal cause the ships are pushing each other to create space to maintain an equal distance between the individual ships, and that pushing makes the whole pack go slightly slower. On the other hand, if you crash into his ships, then the pack gets a lot smaller and the resulting pack travels in normal speed. You always want your enemy's attack to be slower than yours.

9. Do not ever attack a planet far away unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. You need to attack very quickly before the enemy can act against your attack, and attacking a far away planet will only make your enemy notice and prepare for the attack.
The absolutely necessary situation is when you and the enemy are both worn out and own 3 planets, then you can 100% your middle planet to the enemy's middle planet, then in the middle of the way, redirect and concentrate your attack on another planet close to you while the enemy hastly send his ships back to support his middle planet.
You always, ALWAYS want to attack the planet right next to you.

10. Because of 9, you always want all your ships concentrated in the planets close to the enemy's. You don't EVER want an uneeded amount of ships in your middle planet. If your enemy see your middle planet weak and goes for it, that is your time to attack. It is a race between you and the enemy who takes planets faster, but the enemy will lose cause you attack his closer planets while the enemy travels a very far way to get to your middle planet.

11. Precisely control your ships. Don't every make your ships crash into one of the neutural planet instead of the enemy's planets mistakenly. Practice to not make mistakes.

12. Learn how to 'cancel' your attack. Although you won't use it as much as you use it in stealth, there are times that canceling your current attack and doing something else can save your day. You can cancel by tapping on a blank spot on the screen with no planets, when you swiped to the enemy's planet but you still have your finger on the screen so that yellow line shows the attack route.

13. Don't judge people by ranks.

14. Act fast. VERY FAST.
Re: My Diary :: Oct 10, 2010 @ 12:32pm

Cabin Boy externalist

I just saw a poser of dangyourugly. His ID is dangurpretty.
He seems to be pretty good even. Would be funny if both of them were in the same room fighting each other. :)
Re: My Diary :: Oct 11, 2010 @ 10:48am

Cabin Boy externalist

LOL supergod000. POOPED ON. BWAHAHAHA.
Keep joining my room and get owned LOL.
Re: My Diary :: Oct 13, 2010 @ 10:10am

Cabin Boy externalist

Getting over 80% win on Crash is so easy. Just keep on 1v1 ing. Nothing more easier than that.
But still, I suck at competing with certain people. I thought those people were like gods of Crash, but if I look at their stats, they even barely get over 60%. My strategies must have some weakness on certain people. Hence, there must be a very effective counter strategy to mine. I don't know what it is at the moment. I need to play more with these people and figure out what my problem is.
On a side note, I barely play stealth at all now. Stealth seems to be too... random. The randomness factor seems to be a lot higher than Crash. And randomness is something I dislike. I don't think I'm gonna play stealth for a while, not unless I get sick of crash.

Page 1 / 5 1   2   3   4   5 

You must sign in to post.