:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Galcon Labs :: Bots in Stealth

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

Bots in Stealth :: Apr 1, 2011 @ 11:03pm

Cabin Boy externalist

I am 100%...no 200% sure that these guys are bots.

li-bot
d-.-b

Bots start to emerge even in Labs...!!!

li-bot seems to be created solely for the purpose of testing the bot. I remember d-.-b used to play like a human(with a very annoying play style, suicide haters etc.), but now he plays exactly like li-bot which makes me assume he is actually the creator of li-bot. I saw them both join the same room. Exactly the same play style.

Characteristics :

1. At start, always goes for a neutral planet that is (1) closer and (2) has a low defense count. It does not care about the planet size.
2. Unhumanly fast movement. It attacks and defends simultaneously.
3. Always moves on 50%. When it wants to send 100%, it sends like 50% ten times in a mere less than 0.5 second. It actually looks kinda scary cause the shifting between planets is sooooooo fast. :)
4. When someone attacks him, he immdediately defends on the planet that's about to be attacked. And then he immediately attacks the guy who attacked him.
5. When standoff counter starts, he immediately removes all his fleets in one of his small planet, and sends 1 fleet at a time to one of his opponents, and tries to send a message to that player "Eat this planet before the counter ends".
6. If the opponent does not eat his planet, and the counter goes down to like 0:03, he sends a huge amount of fleet to one of the opponent's weaker planet effectively stopping the standoff counter, and immediately retreats all his fleets back to his base so the opponent can regain his planet back.

Because of characteristic 1, this bot has a serious flaw. 100% right at the start to the bot when the bot is busy taking several neutral planets and the bot is dead. The bot also does not know how to play the 'stay as dead as possible to not **** off anyone in the game, thus, slightly ****es of at least one player in every game. As everyone knows, ****ing someone off unless with a very good reason is not the way to get a high win chance in stealth FFA. This is why the bot always stays at a rank lower than admiral.

Did anyone here see any of those bots, or seen other bots? Does anyone have some other things to say about these bots? Feel free to discuss. :P
Re: Bots in Stealth :: Apr 1, 2011 @ 11:54pm

Cabin Boy dabs-

Ive seen them before,, but i wasnt sure about them being bots. I never knew you can get them on iphone??
Re: Bots in Stealth :: Apr 2, 2011 @ 8:38pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
There are no bots in multi-player iPhone Galcon.
Re: Bots in Stealth :: Apr 8, 2011 @ 11:55pm

Cabin Boy externalist

Actually, technically it's not very hard to make a Galcon Labs bot. I'd even make one if I had the time just for the fun of it. :) Setup a laptop as a wireless router, open up Wireshark, filter only the packets that go to the Galcon labs server, load up Galcon labs, gogo protocol reversing! :)
I wish I could stream a video of the guy playing but I can't see him on labs anymore. :/ Maybe he's upgrading his bot or something...
Re: Bots in Stealth :: Apr 28, 2011 @ 6:12am

Cabin Boy externalist

Anyone who is in doubt, see li-bot's game Right Now. :)
Re: Bots in Stealth :: May 7, 2011 @ 2:00pm

Ensign mickpl

Those bots are sooo stupid.... They could be. I don't care. :P

More problematic is when someone (like Rick.Lopez from time to time :P) is playing with friend - they attack you in pair and then one of them (who want to increase friend's ranging) give up. It's so visible and annoying. Admin should ban them for it. I can record some videos if you want.
Re: Bots in Stealth :: May 7, 2011 @ 2:34pm

Cabin Boy zmar01

A stats link posted the the official teaming thread in support would work. But if they are fighting each other after you then a video would help even mote. :)
Re: Bots in Stealth :: May 16, 2011 @ 11:53pm

Cabin Boy externalist

Yeah, Rick.Lopez and murano.cool(both friends) should be banned for good. :(
Re: Bots in Stealth :: May 18, 2011 @ 7:34am

Cabin Boy zmar01

Someone made a thread about them, and it has been put in the official teaming thread. as well as here.
Re: Bots in Stealth :: Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:48am

Cabin Boy onlyplayhigh

I've been curious about this ever since I learned a galcon clone was used for the google AI programming challenge. Can't say I've seen consistently repeated behavior like that with no variation though, and I'm pretty sure d-.-b is an actual player most of the time.

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.