:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: iPhone :: Tournaments :: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament

You must sign in to post.

Page 2 / 3 1   2   3 

Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 20, 2011 @ 1:31pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Planetkiller: we always meet in the chat room.
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 20, 2011 @ 1:41pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
We're doing a combination free-for-all and teams tournament! You will be assigned random servers and random partners, so you don't need to find a teammate in advance. 

Tournament will work like this: Players will be split up into servers for FFA. They will play for 1/2 hour and then we'll mix everyone up into new servers with new opponents and play for one more 1/2 hour. Each FFA win counts 3 points. If you and everyone in your server is lame and you all sit there for 30 minutes and no one wins, then no points will be awarded for that round. So the more games you PLAY, the more chances you have to WIN and score POINTS!! 

Second half of the tournament will be Teams. You will be assigned a random partner and you will play 10 games, then you'll switch partners and play another 10 games, etc. until you've partnered each person in that server for 10 games. Then we'll switch servers and do it again with three new partners. 

At the end of the tournament, the player with the most points wins!!!
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 21, 2011 @ 9:49am

Cabin Boy planetkiller

I think this tournament will be amazing !

EDIT: This tourney was stupid.
post updated on Jan 22, 2011 @ 11:55am
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 5:35am

Admiral wesvdl1995

oh wait.. 6pm? (GMT +01:00)
I will be there :D:D:D
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 5:40am

Cabin Boy planetkiller

Me too it's 6PM ! :D

I'll be there for sure !!!!
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 1:50pm

Cabin Boy iljubom

well
as soon as tournament ended
it started to snow outside
and it didn't snow in my town for like 1 year or so :D
but behind mountain it shows usually. 
i am next to see and it doesn't snow..
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 3:08pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Ok, it took me forever to calculate results today. Sorry about the delay! For some reason this was the craziest tournament we've ever had even though it wasn't the biggest. Thanks to all of you for bearing with me. We had some confusion with a few people leaving and joining mid-tournament, but it all (mostly) worked out in the end. 

If anyone wants to go over the results and re-add them please do. I'm known to make mistakes. The only thing I could not do was find a few games in Zeta2 in Round 4 between Toomacho, Biblethumper, Spybyte, and iLjubom. I think Toomacho was right and ya'll needed to play a couple more. This makes declaring the final winner tricky since three more games might have pushed Toomacho to the top. 

As it stands, I declare Quantum the winner with 61 points!! Toomacho and Fifty6 are tied for 2nd with 57 points. And Bing. is in third with 53 points. Incidentally, Bing. and his crew are missing one game in the 3rd round as well, but one more game would not have affected placings in this case. 

However, if these 4 top players would like to do a play-off tomorrow we can do that! I'm leaving it largely up to Toomacho since he is the one missing some games here and I don't think it was his fault. So if Bing., Quantum, Fifty6 and TooMacho want to fight a mini-tournament tomorrow for the crown, I'm game!

Thanks everyone for joining, and congratulations to our champions!
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 3:15pm

1 Stripe Admiral toomacho

i was right. i didnt play enough games! quantum played more games than me!. Anyways! we can play some games tomorrow to declare the winner...
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 3:38pm

Cabin Boy iljubom

ill be there but what time..
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 4:32pm

Admiral quantum

No way, I'll take the win, 

Good day all! 

Regards, 

quantum
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 4:49pm

Captain spybyte

Sorry for that toomacho,

If you like to play with the team to finish the rounds, I'll Be there.

Spybyte
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 5:27pm

Cabin Boy zmar01

Yet I beat quantum with my "mad skilz" :)

I hate FFA. I played 1 game in 40 minutes and didn't even win. 

Next time can we leave out the FFA bit just 1v1 and 2v2

maybe random teams. But you are set into groups of 2 pairs where each person in the pair plays the other 2 people in the pair at 1v1
then both pairs play 2v2
or not teams and just 4 people all play at 1v1 and 2v2?

I'm not sure how you worked everything Nanno but the ffa side seemed very time based.
As games can last 0-15 minutes. 
1v1 and 2v2 games last 0-3 minutes 

And it seemed the more games you played the better. Rather than the person who won the most win% wise.  Maybe count a loss as -ve points.
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 5:42pm

Admiral quantum

I too played one game short, while teamed with hannesenator, but I don't see how a mini tourney will change the outcome. Better to just schedule another tourney soon, and do like zmar (mr mad skills) mentioned only 1v1 and 2v2

You guys can have a contest for second place. 

;-)
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 5:59pm

1 Stripe Admiral fifty6

quantum said ...

No way, I'll take the win, 

Good day all! 

Regards, 

quantum

that made me giggle :)
but have to say I don't mind a mini tourney either.
Either way good job everyone! It was kinda hectic but fun.
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 6:34pm

i know im missing 10 games. We only played 20 games in 2v2. ( 2 rounds) and not 3 rounds like everyone else. 
 So in my mind i know i could have won the tourny! 
 Nanno has the last word! im up for anything. i just wanted all this to be fair for everyone.
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 9:44pm

Cabin Boy Nanno

The Queen Bee
Toomacho, you're only missing 3 games: 1 game with Biblethumper and 2 games with iLjubom, both in the 4th round. Quantum, you're not missing any rounds. You guys can go look for yourselves if you want to. Just click on the tourney page and click through the rounds. It shows how many games you played with each partner. Even if Toomacho had won all three of those rounds, he would still be one point behind Quantum. So in all honesty, Quantum did win fair and square. 

However, if anyone questions their place, I'd encourage you to click through the rounds and tally their points. I wrote all the individual scores down on a piece of paper and added them in my head. I'm usually really good with sums like this, but I was in a huge hurry so I don't guarantee I got all 17 scores correct. Never hurts to double-check! Remember, I was giving 3 points per win in Rounds 1 and 2 FFA. One point per win in Rounds 3 and 4 2v2. 

And yes, Zmar01: FFA was time-based. I think being able to avoid standoffs is one of the marks of a skilled player. If you were stuck in a game for 15 minutes, then you didn't earn the points as far as I'm concerned. However, I'd love to do a 1v1 element in a tourney sometime. =)
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 22, 2011 @ 10:38pm

congratz quantum.. hey Zmar01 can we play first to 10 or 20 for the second place. Let me know! that would be fun!!...
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 23, 2011 @ 12:35am

Admiral quantum

Thank you all for making Galcon what it is!!

I'm glad to win my first tourney, but was shocked because I was too scared of players I got put against. Or with.

I got teamed with a noob twice in the contest, so I would have done better. You can check the chat of me begging the teammate to just surrender so I could take us there, but no. I would have been happy with anywhere in the top ten, but I really just want to say thanks to the people that make galcon what it is

Word.

Regards,

quantum
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 23, 2011 @ 1:27am

Admiral quantum

One more thing:   May your circles throw mad triangles!!!
Re: Midwinter Snowfest Tournament :: Jan 23, 2011 @ 3:31am

quantum! thanx to me you are champion of the world.. hehe

Page 2 / 3 1   2   3 

You must sign in to post.