Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 9 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Flash :: Misc. :: Galcon flash reccomended admin list.

You must sign in to post.

Page 3 / 3 1   2   3 

Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Apr 7, 2011 @ 12:56am

Cabin Boy socratic

Ooh I just saw the other thread. Pretty shweet. 

Btw king, power hungry much ? *cough*

Nom?

Nom Nom?
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Apr 7, 2011 @ 6:39am

Cabin Boy kingsiege

Dont tell me you didnt see that comin :3
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:18pm

Cabin Boy kpk

I'd like to request to become an admin for Flash Galcon.  I want to help rid our great game of cloners!
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:19pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Flash is no longer supported. Even if it were, there are no admins in flash.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:22pm

Cabin Boy kriss

they are actually admins in flash, and lots of cloners too!
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Jan 1, 2013 @ 3:35pm

Cabin Boy oxygen

I'd like to request to become an admin for Flash Galcon.  I want to help rid our great game of cloners!

Talk to Yesman about that. He was, and probably still is, very enthusiastic about Galcon Flash. You'll figure out, if you are suitable or not.

But be aware! It's very hard to find a good balance as admin. There are language barriers, lack of power, you have to make the game enjoyable for everyone (not just one minority), and lots of more problems.

I'm an admin myself, but at the moment I don't find the time for Galcon anymore - sorry for that.
post updated on Jan 1, 2013 @ 3:36pm
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Jan 1, 2013 @ 7:34pm

Cabin Boy 885

Admins in flash don't have as much power, so it is not possible to get the job properly done against cloners.
The only command that works is /kick.
/ban does the same as /kick
/mute only stops the next 10 messages or so - if the person continues spamming, they overrun the mute within seconds.
And that is it, no fancy powers like /abort or /banip :)

We can, however, help when cloners lock the server with the two remaining colors not letting the game finish - one of the most frustrating experience for newcomers.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Jan 2, 2013 @ 4:51am

Cabin Boy oxygen

last time i checked /mute worked properly, so they probably just rejoined the server under the same name.

also you can consider everyone playing an anonymous. and you can't moderate a crowd of anonymous people. you can only guide them. instead of enforcement you need cooperation.

but i can only repeat this, talk with Yesman, he is the driving force regarding improving galcon flash.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:00am

Cabin Boy 885

last time i checked /mute worked properly, so they probably just rejoined the server under the same name.

Nah, trust me, it doesn't fully work.

If ANYONE leaves OR joins the server, all the /mutes cease off. The muted person doesn't need to leave or do anything.

And even if somehow no one else leaves or joins the server, they can bypass the mute anyway by typing /me msg.

and you can't moderate a crowd of anonymous people. you can only guide them.

The fundamental flaw in your theory is assuming there is a "crowd". The problem is exactly the fact that the "crowd" is actually the same person with 4~5 accounts.

Sure Yesman might be the one enthusiastic about improving galcon flash now. I was that one 3 years ago, but it is just not going to happen without additional support. And back then we didn't even have as many cloners, and actually had quite a few interested legit players.

I'd love to see Galcon Flash improved, as it is the only "Galcon free demo" that allows multiplayer. But realistically speaking, we're better off focusing efforts towards Galcon 2. Back then we even had volunteers offering to code for free and fix Flash, and Phil didn't want it.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:01am

Cabin Boy oxygen

Just checked, you are right about /mute when somebody leaves. My idea to this once was to resend /mute periodically. Same with sending repeated /kick when trying to /ban someone.

But what I was trying to say, is that you can't identify players by anything (e.g. ip, account, name, ...). In flash it's either not supported or easily changed by them. To admins every player is more or less anonymous, and you can't take action effectively, that's why talking is the best thing you can do.

I know back then it was nice. On the otherside I also saw the servers completely empty over quite a long time. So even if it's more cheaters than legit players now, at least the servers are filled.

I think it's really sufficient for a demo as it is now. And even if nobody works on the game, you can always work on the Galcon Flash community - making it a better experience for everyone.

Btw, I coded on a recompiled client a bit for myself a while ago, and I would understand why Phil didn't want a fix - it's a bloddy mess :D Not to speak of the major security flaws. You would be better off starting a new port from scratch. Imagine Galcon 2 Flash ;) Too bad it won't happen...
post updated on Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:16am
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 4, 2013 @ 5:25pm

Cabin Boy urahara

It is a bit sad, that Phil didn't want to take the help from other people to improve the flash version.

I still think that the flash is the best version for a casual player like me.

And I to wish to make the community in flash better.

What I can not understand is why Phil removed a couple of years ago the link from home page to the flash version. This would allow community to grow and be more interesting. (and not to have such a high percentage of cloners).

Well, I wish you all to have fun in playing any version of galcon!

P.S. Hey oxy ;) Haven't played with you for a long time. I come sometimes on the server, though without being logged in. Maybe one day we can clash our galcon-sabers ;)
Take care, buddy!
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 4, 2013 @ 6:43pm

Cabin Boy KlR4

It's such a lame version of Galcon though, compared to Fusion and iGalcon (for iPhone/Android). If the Flash players really like Galcon so nuch, I don't understand the hesitstion to spend $2 on mobile Galcon or $2 on Galcon Fusion for iPad, and get a much better touch-friendly version of the game. Is $1-2 really too much for a game like this that you can get so many hours, days, weeks, months, even years of entertainment from?

Link to mobile Galcon and Galcon Fusion for iPad:
https://www.google.com/search?q=galcon+itunes 

$2 only!
post updated on Feb 4, 2013 @ 6:47pm
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 4, 2013 @ 9:31pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Right off the bat, I can think of people that don't have smartphones or tablets.

This argument does work for desktop fusion though.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:15pm

Cabin Boy urahara

I bought Galcon on iPhone in 2008. I tried and Galcon on iPad, I have also tried Galcon Labs and Galcon Fusion version (least favorite). And still I always come back to Galcon Flash version.
I like it for its simplicity (over desktop or iPad versions) and speed (over iPhone, because mouse + keboard do it much faster).
It is also more casual. And I like this aspect of it.
Of coures there are many issues: clones, low skills players etc. But at least the servers run a bit more stable now than a couple of years before.
I might get interested really much in Galcon 2. Though, the lack of the support for Flash version makes me a bit sad about Galcon franchise overall.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 5, 2013 @ 4:45pm

Cabin Boy black5535

Galcon Fusion is basically an advanced version of Galcon Flash with more players.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 5, 2013 @ 5:54pm

Cabin Boy KlR4

Galcon Flash is so laggy and prototype-ey, though.. I can't see how a comparison can be reasonably made between it and Fusion/iGalcon, which behave more like real, fluid apps.
Re: Galcon flash recommended admin list. :: Feb 5, 2013 @ 5:55pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Anyways...getting back on topic.

edit: Title fix.
post updated on Feb 5, 2013 @ 10:15pm
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 11, 2013 @ 5:15am

Cabin Boy urahara

Marky, why are you in the sub-forum which you want to be hidden ;)

Back on topic:
I'd like to be an Admin in Galcon Flash.
Re: Galcon flash reccomended admin list. :: Feb 12, 2013 @ 9:56am

Cabin Boy thewinner

Hey everyone!

Remember me guys? Yes I am the same Thewinner from about 2-3 years ago. I just was wondering if I could get admin for flash :)

Page 3 / 3 1   2   3 

You must sign in to post.