:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Strategy :: Outnumbered in Teams

You must sign in to post.

Page 2 / 2 1   2 

Re: Outnumbered in Teams :: Jun 6, 2010 @ 5:02pm

Commander frysauce

If you are that player with one planet and near 0 ships, just keep on attacking. Most people use 100% in FFA, and a lot of times you can take planets in the enemies' back areas. You are also more likely to be fed if you aren't just camping, even if you have <10 ships...
post updated on Jun 6, 2010 @ 5:03pm
Re: Outnumbered in Teams :: Jun 6, 2010 @ 5:44pm

Cabin Boy quickrime

Chi-Ro,
Of course it is the exception to the rule. I'm sorry if I made it seem like such a situation comes up frequently. The entire purpose of my original statement was to remind people that no one strategy works 100% of the time. Basically, I said one should almost always try to remain alive, but maybe not in every situation. I expanded upon this exception not because it is highly significant but because assassin437 asked for clarification.
post updated on Jun 6, 2010 @ 5:45pm
Re: Outnumbered in Teams :: Jun 9, 2010 @ 10:21am

Cabin Boy michjo

would still recommend the counterattack, followed by floating with only a very small number of ships to land on a weak planet near an ally.

I still disagree, you are wasting your ships on unimportant planets. And more importantly, you are giving your enemies a dangerous amount of freedom.

Try to take the planet of an enemy your ally is attacking.

This is called being predictable and i disagree with it. This just leads to whoever being in the better position winning. You should always be seeking to influence your enemy to move their troops and then hitting where there troops aren't.

However, you must realize that first of all if two or more enemies are attacking you, it should be fairly easy for your allies to take a cluster, and secondly if two or more enemies are attacking you it is possible that your position is better for them and evacuating it will only expedite their success.

What you are describing is the exception and not the rule. On a homeplanet of size 200, it's usually always better to defend. However team games are usually played with a homeplanet of size 50 - 100. It will always be a better option to join your friend at the cluster and take the cheaper large planets and slowly expand.

The entire purpose of my original statement was to remind people that no one strategy works 100% of the time.

I don't fully agree with your first comment, but don't misunderstand me. The comment was very welcomed, i think many people who play the game would benefit tremendously by following your advice.

Page 2 / 2 1   2 

You must sign in to post.