Galcon Karaoke Party! Saturday, August 23th
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Support :: Reporting players who break rules?

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 5, 2011 @ 12:42pm

Cabin Boy TheCount

Is there like a tattle-tale thread somewhere? 

I have observed pls.help.me avoid the language filter repeatedly on three separate occasions, one of which he was warned by an admin. Each time that I am present I tried to politely remind him not to and that just increases the problem. 

He also bullies any newer player (and more experienced ones) that are on his team if they do something he doesn't like. He does this constantly every time I have seen him play. He does this to the point that the whole room will tell him to knock it off. But without admins present there isnt much we can do.
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 5, 2011 @ 12:50pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

Yes^

If you are not admin the last thing you want to do (depending on the player) is tell them to stop, because they only try harder to annoy you if you don't like it. :(
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 5, 2011 @ 12:54pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
If it's really worth posting about (avoiding the censor isn't really worth it, unless a player is really avoiding it.), just make a new thread about that player. Don't make a post about someone every time they call someone a jerk though. (Or even if they do something legitimately bad the first time)

I've seen bad things from "pls.help.me" as well. He was quite rude to sunny_bunny. But, it's nothing to worry too much about right now. Bmvj has him beat pretty easily.
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 5, 2011 @ 6:29pm

Cabin Boy TheCount

Thanks. If it continues to be a problem I will report it just under his name. I have also seen bmvj up to that sort of thing.

I don't know what you mean by REALLY avoiding it. In this case it was the worst words in the book, seperated in the middle by a space, repeatedly, at various people at each instance. Even with him doing it repeatedly, if it was just on one occasion, I would still chalk it up to a bad day or something. But he keeps doing it.

I found out the hard way that telling someone to avoid the censor doesn't work if you are not an admin :(.

I really don't mind for my self but he is a bully to other people who did mind. This game has the filter for a reason, and you guys have an image to uphold.
post updated on Nov 5, 2011 @ 8:02pm
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 6, 2011 @ 1:38pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

:( Yeah the censor is there for a reason but if there's no admin, the mean players will harrass anyone.  And if an admin joins... Then they most likely won't do it.
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 7, 2011 @ 1:51am

Cabin Boy mongoose

Yes^

If you are not admin the last thing you want to do (depending on the player) is tell them to stop, because they only try harder to annoy you if you don't like it. :(

lol thats what they do if you handle the situation incorrectly
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 7, 2011 @ 10:09am

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

Yes^

lol thats what they do if you handle the situation incorrectly

Is handling the situation incorrectly asking: "please don't avoid censore"

??? What would you have done mongoose?
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 7, 2011 @ 12:01pm

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Asking someone to not avoid the censor is going to prod them into doing it more. Some people won't shut up no matter what and you just have to try to ignore them (can't wait till we have an official /ignore feature!), but occasionally you can get people to simmer down by making a light joke. I like to try something like, "Aaaaah! My virgin ears!" or "You're singeing my innocent eyeballs!" Or maybe "Shhh! My grandmother is watching!" Sometimes if you can get a person to laugh they'll quit being such a loudmouth. Or if they're just showing off, ignoring them completely can sometimes make them go away or shut up since their shameless bid for attention is not having the intended effect.

Sometimes the best solution is just to join another server. A person who insists on being a regular pill is going to eventually be found out and dealt with, and in the meantime your best course may just be to avoid them. It helps to keep in mind that the people with the worst manners and foulest vocabularies are usually about 11 years old and simply haven't learned manners yet. They're just spouting words they learned on the internet and they somehow think that using them makes them sound tough and older than they really are. Try to be embarrassed for them rather than offended by them. Like a puppy who soils the carpet.
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:28am

Cabin Boy goozok

Yea like wynand tonight.  He was mean.
Re: Reporting players who break rules? :: Dec 24, 2011 @ 1:41am

Cabin Boy z_e_r_o

DONT REPORT YOUR PROBLEMS!!! 

From what I've seen you'll end up the one at fault regardless if your right or not.  Especially if you have problems with the admins so just dont post if someone does you wrong then do them wrong but dont post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.