Galcon 2: 41 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 1 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 8, 2011 @ 10:41pm

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
I'm starting a new thread here since the old one got filled up already. Let's please try to keep it on-topic about admins and not fill it with a bunch of useless trash. 

Also, if any of you admins see a complaint about you here, please try to respond with a bit of grace and civility. It will greatly decrease your odds of being demoted. And if you do get demoted, please don't take it as a personal insult and an excuse to become an annoying jerk or a troll. It's not decent and only confirms what people already suspect about you. One of life's greatest lessons is learning to be gracious even in disappointment. 

Thanks.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 10:46am

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Clan: Zenith

Xenneth said: "chippe 

+1 duracula 
Re: The Recommended Admin List :: May 7, 2011 @ 2:34am 
 hugomoo 

+1  duracula 
Re: The Recommended Admin List :: May 7, 2011 @ 2:37am 
 earlybird 

LOL, yes duracula would make a good admin  

+1 Duracula 
post updated on May 7, 2011 @ 2:37am 

just wanted to point out that i find it strange that 3 people in a row vote for one guy who has nevr been voted before and that those three people have 2posts max 

also, look at the time of posting the last 2
post updated on May 7, 2011 @ 10:09am"

New power said: "duracula was playing this morning and he just said vote for me. he has been playing for a long time and was always correct and fun to play with/against"

Duracula said:    "lol, Sherlok and Watson ;) 

The votes are from 2 different people that was encouraged in teams room by me and earlybird to vote for admins (coz there was a lot of uneven games that evening, and no admin in the room). 
They didn't knew where or how to vote, so we helped them via the chat, at the same time you see the posts.
post updated on May 7, 2011 @ 4:56pm"

Nobby said: "I was there when this happened and can vouche for them all."

Everyone remember why this thread is here, this is a unusual amount of off-topicness.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 11:10am

Ensign hollander

Clan: Galconians

i think Duracula is clean, this was his explanation:

The votes are from 2 different people that was encouraged in teams room by me and earlybird to vote for admins (coz there was a lot of uneven games that evening, and no admin in the room).
They didn't knew where or how to vote, so we helped them via the chat, at the same time you see the posts.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 6:42pm

Cabin Boy kalder

Clan: Singularity

agreed,  I think he's always clean and fair which is most important in an admin!  I vote for dracula if that is how we do it.

:)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 6:45pm

Cabin Boy melek

I dont find it right to ask for votes
post updated on May 9, 2011 @ 6:45pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 8:48pm

Cabin Boy dperhydon

Wait, so somehow you betray your own words at whim because you saw fit and then insult players who use the thread as you yourself stated it to be nanno? If you're going to go against yourself don't leave text proof. Yes, the notion WAS implied however, it wasn't stated by word and you allowed the trashing by saying we could trash it. This is mind-boggling.
post updated on May 9, 2011 @ 8:58pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 9, 2011 @ 8:57pm

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Everyone please  note that I am just copy pasting when I do that, they aren't my opinion.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 10, 2011 @ 1:12am

Cabin Boy markuson

Clan: OldFarts

Wait, so somehow you betray your own words at whim because you saw fit and then insult players who use the thread as you yourself stated it to be nanno? If you're going to go against yourself don't leave text proof. Yes, the notion WAS implied however, it wasn't stated by word and you allowed the trashing by saying we could trash it. This is mind-boggling.

Just because your name is used in a statement that is not positive...does not make it insulting.  We all need correction from time to time, and I really must say that if there is one thing can be stated positively about Nanno...it is that she is restrained, fair-minded, and above the fray...over nd over again.  If you feel you have been insulted...by NANNO of all people...the first thing I would suggest is check whether you might be feeling a wee bit defensive.  Nanno ends up having to act a little "parental" around here at times...but let's face it. -That is clearly needed here more often than some would care to admit.

I don't have a beef with you, and I'm frankly not really sure what you're mad about...but let's admit one thing at least. Nanno has been a VERY steady hand and has managed to remain steady through just about every silly...or not so silly...thing she's had to step in to here.

This post is really just a suggestion that before launching into Nanno...or any of the other calmer folk around here...we all might do well to pause first. -Because in all likelihood...SHE...is not the problem.  That is not to say that you are, either. It is just to say that you need to have one WHALE of a beef before she doesn't get a huge benefit of the doubt from anyone who has watched her over the long haul.

M
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 10, 2011 @ 6:55pm

Cabin Boy swollenpig

-1_kingsiege said:  "Why was my post removed? As I said before it was removed, I wish to remain anonymous to everyone but nanno.  

MY USERNAME SAYS IT ALL"

Kingsiege already lost his adminship awhile ago.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 10, 2011 @ 7:25pm

Cabin Boy socratic

@Duracula

From what i heard, someone told me that you asked those people to vote for you... i really hope you didn't do this.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 10, 2011 @ 7:35pm

Cabin Boy rourke

Wait, isn't asking for votes against the rules?
Or is it just highly unliked?
I honestly think people shouldn't do this.
I mean, seriously, you're THAT desperate?
People should earned the people's votes.
Like I earned my single vote, somehow. o.o
But anyways,
I think an admin should be voted by the community;
with the community doing it without being asked. 
- Rourkey(:
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 10, 2011 @ 8:10pm

Cabin Boy socratic

@Rourke

Asking for votes is not illegal, it is just looked down upon. It portrays the image that you are power hungry..that you want admin. It makes people not want to trust you. I know this from personal experience.

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 11, 2011 @ 6:29am

Cabin Boy xenneth

and i quote:

"It's like running for president without really telling anyone you are"

I dont mind if people ask for votes. Just keep it in control, just make sure everyone knows you would like to be an admin.

And really. Powerhungry?

If u get admin and u abuse ur powers you'll be demoted before u can say "/kick"
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 13, 2011 @ 12:04am

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Tim_saxton said: 

"Congrats guys!!!! 

FINALLY!!! 

Liron... your too pro now..."

Melek said:

Congratulations Liron... and Disciplina! :D

Danster said: 

"Uh oh, now Disciplina has the power to discipline us ;)"

I wasn't sure about ljuboms post, as it is kinda relevant, so I didn't flag it.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 13, 2011 @ 12:07am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Flagged it for long-term removal. It's perfectly fine for now, but it can be removed at the next purge without any harm.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 13, 2011 @ 8:48am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
You really don't need to copy all those "congratz" posts over to here, Swollenpig, (although I appreciate the effort). How about just copying over stuff that's relevant for actual discussion. ;)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 11:34am

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Kk, sorry nanno, just saw a lot of people were complaining about their stuff being deleted, so I was doing those as a more political gesture, than a utilitarian one. Well, I'll post the next two, I think they may cause light discussions.

Ljubom said: "How old is endyr now?"

Ljubom said: "thanks for the +1 but i wonder why? 
what nice did i do? =)"

(I wasn't sure if there was a reason for that +1, so it may be posted in this thread.)

Rourke said: "Marky, 
I never said outloud i wouldnt change. 
Besides, Rhydons probably right. 
I've only been playing Galcon for a month. 
Plus admins get harrassed, and once they snap 
and lose their adminship, they go all looney. 
I'd rather stay somewhat sane. 

Alos, i'd rather be a silly player, 
carefree, funny, can troll whenever. 
Then be an uptight admin who has to watch for major trolls. 

Trolling is fun. If you dont be obnoxious about it :) 

So Marky, you can just take my name off. 
If i get upvoted again. Whatever. 
Rhydon will probably just downvote me... 
With or without an Alias. 

Edit: Are trolling admins a problem?! 
They're hilarious! I love admins like that! 
I mean, its not bad trolling. 
Like Rhydon does. 
Its like, funny just being stupid. 
Yet Adminlike at the same time."

Rhydon said: "rourke, I'm not downvoting you in some playful/rageful way. I'm simply doing what I think is best for the community. I might act like some terrible troll, I actually care about most of the people in these forums except a select few(and those who I dislike probably know) Give you time and I'd probably upvote you but, seeing as you started a small time ago, I just don't think it's the best idea(Also, you get just as mad as me sometimes...) 

P.S. I swear if these posts are deleted, I will personally troll this thread until it's 89 pages long."

@rhydon please don't, you know the rules. Post anything you have to say that doesn't include a +- in it. I will not copy paste any posts ment purely for spam. (also why do you want to be mean to assassin? What did he do to you?)

Rourke said:"Urg. 
I dont even care anymore Rhydon. 
You and your brother seemed to be the only ones 
who think im not ready. 
But whatever. 
If you, out of everyone, can ruin something like this for me. 
Then fine. 
You win."
post updated on May 14, 2011 @ 9:45pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 12:35pm

Cabin Boy LjuboM

well, i was real real nice last 2 days.
i helped a lot and i set away to let another guy play, but i never saw this game that gave me +1 and i never even played a game with him
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 9:45pm

Cabin Boy rourke

Rourke said: "Marky, 
I never said outloud i wouldnt change. 
Besides, Rhydons probably right. 
I've only been playing Galcon for a month. 
Plus admins get harrassed, and once they snap 
and lose their adminship, they go all looney. 
I'd rather stay somewhat sane. 

Alos, i'd rather be a silly player, 
carefree, funny, can troll whenever. 
Then be an uptight admin who has to watch for major trolls. 

Trolling is fun. If you dont be obnoxious about it :) 

So Marky, you can just take my name off. 
If i get upvoted again. Whatever. 
Rhydon will probably just downvote me... 
With or without an Alias. 

Edit: Are trolling admins a problem?! 
They're hilarious! I love admins like that! 
I mean, its not bad trolling. 
Like Rhydon does. 
Its like, funny just being stupid. 
Yet Adminlike at the same time."

Rhydon said: "rourke, I'm not downvoting you in some playful/rageful way. I'm simply doing what I think is best for the community. I might act like some terrible troll, I actually care about most of the people in these forums except a select few(and those who I dislike probably know) Give you time and I'd probably upvote you but, seeing as you started a small time ago, I just don't think it's the best idea(Also, you get just as mad as me sometimes...) 

P.S. I swear if these posts are deleted, I will personally troll this thread until it's 89 pages long."

@rhydon please don't, you know the rules. Post anything you have to say that doesn't include a +- in it. I will not copy paste any posts ment purely for spam. (also why do you want to be mean to assassin? What did he do to you?)

Rourke said:"Urg. 
I dont even care anymore Rhydon. 
You and your brother seemed to be the only ones 
who think im not ready. 
But whatever. 
If you, out of everyone, can ruin something like this for me. 
Then fine. 
You win."

urg. yea, i apologize about this.
i forgot there was a discussion thread D:
post updated on May 14, 2011 @ 9:46pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 10:22pm

Cabin Boy rhydon

Clan: Pokemanz

Neither nanno or assassin are on any list of mine that makes them worth the effort to inconvenience myself about. Assassin's idealogical belief that everyone who disagrees with him is wrong/a child is pretty annoying. And I just don't like how nanno runs things here(if you're going to run a forum of all things, you should probably stay impersonal.)  

Also, knowing the rules doesn't mean I will abide with them. I've already stated that I WILL blatantly ignore this thread unless the conversation was started here. I'm ready to take the punishment if they're willing to deal it out, because there's nothing I'm more adamant about then my beliefs and ideology and this violates them.
post updated on May 14, 2011 @ 10:22pm

Page 1 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.