Galcon 2: 44 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 2 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 10:31pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
@Rhydon: Chill. We've been given a reason for this thread existing. That debate was settled quite a while ago. Doing something even after a justification has been provided is silly.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 10:54pm

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
You can threaten me all you want to Rhydon, but I'm just heading over to delete your posts in the other thread. 

And to Rourke who said:   
You and your brother seemed to be the only ones  
who think im not ready.  
But whatever.  
If you, out of everyone, can ruin something like this for me.  
Then fine.  
You win."

Rhydon didn't ruin anything, Rourke. Do you honestly think I take this guy seriously? I mean, look at him threatening to throw a temper tantrum and spam the forums over nothing! But Rhydon's opinion aside, I don't think you're really ready to be an admin.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 14, 2011 @ 10:58pm

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Oh, by the way, Rhydon, it would be utterly pointless for you to spam the admin list thread. You'll spend a lot of time making loads of posts that I can simply delete in one fell swoop. Of course, you would lose every single other thing you've ever said in the forums as well, so I'm not sure you really want to do that.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:02am

Cabin Boy rourke

Oh, by the way, Rhydon, it would be utterly pointless for you to spam the admin list thread. You'll spend a lot of time making loads of posts that I can simply delete in one fell swoop. Of course, you would lose every single other thing you've ever said in the forums as well, so I'm not sure you really want to do that.

Lmfao, do that? yea, thatd be kinda funny ;)

And yea, i know im not ready.
I mean, i had a conversation with King about it for god sakes o.o
Before he went rouge, though.
But still.
Rhydon just angers me with his trolling and shizz.
So you can never tell when he's trolling or being serious D:
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:22am

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Marky 1991 said: 
Wait, now I'm thoroughly confused. I thought this was one of the very reasons the other thread was created. Please reexplain the intended system.

The Recommended Admin List is for recommending admins, and if there is a question about a candidate's qualification, the Recommended Admin List seems a prime place to put it, seeing as it's on-topic, relevant, and gives me one place to look for information pertaining to that person, including the maturity of their responses. Things come out that usually give me helpful information. 

THIS thread is for "Admin List Discussion," not "Recommended Admin Discussion". Here we can argue about people who are already admins, topics that have nothing to do with admins (like what I'm doing right now), how votes are counted (we constantly had way too many of those discussions in the other thread), etc. etc. I know there is a bit of fuzziness in the lines and I also know how much you hate fuzzy lines Marky1991. But it seems pretty straightforward to me. We can carry on here all day (on-topic, please, Rhydon and Rourke) and it won't make for a ton of work for me later since I'm not trying to sort through votes, look for relevant pieces of information, etc. I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense to you, but I hope this explanation has cleared things up a bit.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:36am

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Rhydon said: 

I would not think of removing it except for Rhydon's threat to spam the thread, which has me sorely tempted to remove it all simply because he dared me to. I almost never refuse a dare.

Neither the word "dare" or "nanno" was in that post. As you've stated, that was a threat not a dare. In that post, I was actually talking to assassin, The Official Galcon Forum-Nazi.

The words "Assassin" and "threat" weren't in that post either, and yet you're claiming it was a threat for Assassin, not a dare for Nanno.  

Here's the quote: "P.S. I swear if these posts are deleted, I will personally troll this thread until it's 89 pages long."

Rather ambiguous, don't you think? Since no names were mentioned, and Assassin437 hasn't been around lately, I naturally took it to be a threat for me. 

And yes, a threat in this case is exactly the same as a dare. Eventually those posts WILL be deleted like most everything else in that thread. Are you still going to childishly cling to your threat to spam?

Don't threaten Assassin anyway. When you threaten Assassin, you also threaten me, and I don't like threats. Did I mention I usually take them as a dare? ;)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:44am

Ensign hollander

Clan: Galconians

that you even waste the energy to respond..
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:48am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
Hello!

Sorry, been moving house and switching jobs...

As far as I was concerned the success of the new system was evident when after a couple weeks Nanno had to open a new admin discussion thread as the old one had hundreds of posts in it - posts that otherwise would have gone in the reccy admin list and obscured the actual votes to near-invisibility.

I stopped zero-tolerance after a few days when people started naturally heading here to post their debates, as it wasn't necessary any more, and it gave people like swollenpig and socratic a chance to do their excellent community work and copy over those few posts by people who had forgotten how things worked. 

Bearing that success in mind, and the fact that Rhydon is the only one trolling about the infringement of his rights, I was more or less ignoring him as par for the course.
post updated on May 15, 2011 @ 10:05am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:49am

Cabin Boy socratic

hi assassin437
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:51am

Cabin Boy socratic

The Recommended Admin List is for recommending admins, and if there is a question about a candidate's qualification, the Recommended Admin List seems a prime place to put it, seeing as it's on-topic, relevant, and gives me one place to look for information pertaining to that person, including the maturity of their responses. Things come out that usually give me helpful information. 

THIS thread is for "Admin List Discussion," not "Recommended Admin Discussion". Here we can argue about people who are already admins, topics that have nothing to do with admins (like what I'm doing right now), how votes are counted (we constantly had way too many of those discussions in the other thread), etc. etc. I know there is a bit of fuzziness in the lines and I also know how much you hate fuzzy lines Marky1991. But it seems pretty straightforward to me. We can carry on here all day (on-topic, please, Rhydon and Rourke) and it won't make for a ton of work for me later since I'm not trying to sort through votes, look for relevant pieces of information, etc. I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense to you, but I hope this explanation has cleared things up a bit.
hi assassin437

If i was arguing about admins who were being voted, why were my arguments about them moved the the Admin Discussion list if they weren't an admin yet? Just overall confused now.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 9:59am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
Hey Socratic :)

A downvote or upvote for a contested admin in the list is fine - that's what it's for after all.

Eg "I don't like Assassin, he's too mean to me"

If though it looks like that vote though is going to trigger a debate over general admin behaviour and what is and isn't acceptable, it would get shunted over here. 

Good example - if the thing with rourke had gone on much longer and other people had joined in to start talking less about rourke and more about admin trolling in general (and whether it was all good fun or justifiable grounds for dismissal), I would have gently encouraged (or facistly ordered, depending on your POV!) the debate to move over here, rather than continue there. Make sense?

A lot of the posts discussing admins up for nomination have been posted here directly over the past few weeks. The ones that weren't, but which looked like they were going the way of debate, were moved here. 

Obviously that's a debateable strategy as you can't tell how a post will trigger discussion, but based on the overwhelming response by players to the discussion thread, and the subsequent clarity achieved in the reccy thread, I like to think the system is doing it's job really well. No-one has complained, anyway :)
post updated on May 15, 2011 @ 10:04am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:07am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Still thoroughly, thoroughly, confused. It looks like nanno and assassin are saying the exact opposite right now. :(
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:09am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
How so Marky :) I will endeavour to clarify!
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:11am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Nanno: "The Recommended Admin List is for recommending admins, and if there is a question about a candidate's qualification, the Recommended Admin List seems a prime place to put it, seeing as it's on-topic, relevant, and gives me one place to look for information pertaining to that person, including the maturity of their responses. Things come out that usually give me helpful information.

Actually, I have to say that since this whole conversation pertains to a recommended admin, it's pretty darned relevant."

(Sounding like rourke's discussion would have been fine regardless of length)

Assassin: "Good example - if the thing with rourke had gone on much longer and other people had joined in to start talking less about rourke and more about admin trolling in general (and whether it was all good fun or justifiable grounds for dismissal), I would have gently encouraged (or facistly ordered, depending on your POV!) the debate to move over here, rather than continue there. Make sense?"

(Sounding like it should have either been posted here regardless or the poster somehow known if it was going to be a long discussion or not.)

edit: Found another quote from nanno.
post updated on May 15, 2011 @ 10:13am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:18am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
That doesn't seem to conflict to me? People posting no or yes votes with an explanation (like rourke and trolling) go there - if they look like they're going to devolve into something less relevant, they get moved.

I do find it slightly irritating that not a peep has been heard from any other player and that hundreds and hundreds of posts were happily made with no confusion at all, until your brother pops up and starts pointlessly stirring trouble again.
post updated on May 15, 2011 @ 2:06pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:34am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I still don't really understand, but I guess I'll just happily decide that discussion is fine, so long as it's not too long, at whih point it should move.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 10:40am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
Change to:

Not too long or off-topic

And you're there.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 15, 2011 @ 2:18pm

Cabin Boy socratic

assassin's been playing :)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 16, 2011 @ 4:19am

Cabin Boy assassin437

Sheriff
A little :)

Can't do it much as my fingers hurt, but was having a good day last week and wanted to reward myself with 30 mins gaming :)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: May 20, 2011 @ 12:04pm

Cabin Boy swollenpig

Clan: Zenith

Hm, is it wrong of me to be a little suspicious of the burst of votes for this guy that just started running, in less than 3 minutes? :p

Oh, just saw the "sexy" thread.

"the_vipor is sexy4", also, "killer_viper" sounds a lot like "the_vipor" so, I'm also gunna guess that your dr.dho,  please vote with only one account. One vote per player, please.
post updated on May 20, 2011 @ 5:58pm

Page 2 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.