Galcon 2: 37 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 22 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 11, 2011 @ 5:50pm

Cabin Boy mongoose

Clan: Fusion

Good point, but like I said in the 1st idea maybe the admins could make a group and vote on who should stay on the list and who shouldn't.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 11, 2011 @ 6:21pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I'm strongly against the first one. I'd like this list to be a mirror of the community's opinions and desires, not bending to any one individual's (obviously, myself included) opinions. Perhaps it's a little excessively idealistic and I admit I don't always stick to it, but I'd like it to be this way in general.

"No one ever gets taken off the list (except if they are in the negatives), but go into hiding after one month. They will no longer be on the list, but if they get up-voted or down-voted their name will appear on the list again."

Hmm. Besides the obvious practical consideration of the length of the list, the current system intended to ensure that votes would always accurately reflect the nominee's current behavior, casting out votes that were too old to be trusted. (Perhaps they've become nicer/more_adminy players or maybe they've become emotional raving lunatics) You could of course argue that players don't change that much over time and I'm not certain whether this is true or not. If someone does change, however, suddenly there's a huge barrier to making the number accurately reflect popular opinion.  I'm not sure about this one, but if everyone else likes it, I'll of course implement it. However, if we do decide to implement this, I'd like to make a minimum threshold for remembering nominees, for example permanently forgetting expired nominees with a vote total less than ~3. There are a whole lot of nominees who get one or two votes and then are never voted for again. 

edit: Word and typo fix. "threshholds" -> "threshold" (Ew, that word is ugly. Double "h" doesn't look very nice either though...)
post updated on Dec 11, 2011 @ 6:24pm
only one month? :: Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:01am

Cabin Boy mafl

Clan: Galconightes

Hello,

if i am right you delete all players, after one month without up- or downvoting?

I now write some words in my motherlanguage, because i could write it in a better and finer style.

Die Galcon Kommunity sucht nun haenderingend nach Admins, damit Teamgames endlich gerade gestartet werden koennen. Die "uneven" games nerven alle durch die Bank weg. Neue Spieler spielen einmal und werden von allen gehasst, weil nirgendwo erklaert ist, dass man im Team spielen muss und wie ma in ein Team kommt.

Jetzt gibt es dann hier eine Admin-Wahl-Liste und ich sehen irgendwie keinen Zusammenhang zwischen den Spielern mit den meisten Votings und neuen Amdins. 

Dabei koennte man den Vorgang automatisieren, wer zum Admin wird. Zum einen sollte ein Admin mindestens einmal einen Streifen gehabt haben, zum anderen sollte er auch regelmaessig spielen. Ich nenne mal ca. 500-1000 Spiele (Team) im Monat. Spielt jemand zwei Monate nicht mehr, verfaellt der Amdinstatus. Damit kann man ruhig mal drei Wochen im Urlaub sein, oder wg. Krankheit fehlen.

Jetzt muss man nur noch dafuer sorgen, dass wenn sich mehrere Spieler ueber einen neuen Admin beschweren, dieser auch wieder gesperrt wird.

Insgesamt eine billige und einfache Loesung!

Gruss
MAFL
post updated on Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:03am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:04am

Cabin Boy brrt

English please
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:10am

Cabin Boy tials

mafl, this has bothered me foever, but you should say greeting at the beginning of the post. You should replace "greetings" with "Sincerely"
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:17am

Cabin Boy ripxsidekick

I shall be mafl's translator!
Yeah, I used google. Pfft.

"The Galcon Kommunity haenderingend now looking for admins, so can team games are finally up and running straight. The "uneven" games all the nerves away from the bank. New players play once and be hated by all because there is nowhere explained that they must play as a team and how ma comes in a team.

Now there is an admin here then dial list, and somehow I see no connection between the players with the most votes and new Amdins.

It can automate the process we know who is the Admin. Firstly, an admin should have at least once had a streak, on the other, he should also play regularly. I call about 500-1000 games (team) per month. Does anyone not two months, reimbursement will the Amdinstatus. So you can calm even three weeks on vacation, or wg. Disease are lacking.

Now you only have to ensure that if several players complain about a new admin, this will also be blocked again.

Overall, a cheap and easy solution!"

Hard to understand, but I hope you get the right picture :D
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 23, 2011 @ 12:44am

Cabin Boy mongoose

Clan: Fusion

Hmm. Besides the obvious practical consideration of the length of the list, the current system intended to ensure that votes would always accurately reflect the nominee's current behavior, casting out votes that were too old to be trusted. (Perhaps they've become nicer/more_adminy players or maybe they've become emotional raving lunatics) You could of course argue that players don't change that much over time and I'm not certain whether this is true or not. If someone does change, however, suddenly there's a huge barrier to making the number accurately reflect popular opinion.  I'm not sure about this one, but if everyone else likes it, I'll of course implement it. However, if we do decide to implement this, I'd like to make a minimum threshold for remembering nominees, for example permanently forgetting expired nominees with a vote total less than ~3. There are a whole lot of nominees who get one or two votes and then are never voted for again. 

Marky thats why people take away their upvotes- wait I have a solution to this problem. All the upvotes/downvotes a single person makes are taken off the list after a month of them not upvoting or downvoting anyone. This is fair and solves all the above problems, along with a solution to the upvotes and downvotes of people that have quit. I realize its a bit more work for you, but it's only once a month and having seen your work ethic I don't think it will take too much time at all.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 23, 2011 @ 1:55am

Cabin Boy brrt

No, I'm not going to do that every month just to stay on the list. There are very few people I think would make good admins, so obviously someone like me would uovote very rarely. And downvoting is the same thing, many people don't do it very often, doesn't mean their votes shouldn't be counted.

This definitely won't happen, and wouldn't work.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 24, 2011 @ 12:01pm

Cabin Boy yusuke

Clan: Royalty

Ljubom said...
in the second or third picture where they talk about lajaifugu they tell her that because she asks yusuke to change his red colour and to put 100 planet settings and they act to her like that.

Yeah, spaming the settings when my team and her team did agree with a "number" of production it's called now "asking", how sweet. We lost about 15minutes because of her. You don't really play anymore, how do you know she really has a "color" problem? I played lots, and I mean LOTS of rounds with lajaifugu, she's lying about "red" problem.[I used "red" many times, guess what, she attacked me, how? I don't know how she's able to attack something that she "cannot" see.]
We, players that actually play the game, had/have and probably, but I hope not, will have problems with lajaifugu.

+1 for banning lajaifugu forever
post updated on Dec 24, 2011 @ 12:02pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 24, 2011 @ 3:24pm

Cabin Boy rhydon

Clan: Pokemanz

Ljubom said...
in the second or third picture where they talk about lajaifugu they tell her that because she asks yusuke to change his red colour and to put 100 planet settings and they act to her like that.

Yeah, spaming the settings when my team and her team did agree with a "number" of production it's called now "asking", how sweet. We lost about 15minutes because of her. You don't really play anymore, how do you know she really has a "color" problem? I played lots, and I mean LOTS of rounds with lajaifugu, she's lying about "red" problem.[I used "red" many times, guess what, she attacked me, how? I don't know how she's able to attack something that she "cannot" see.]
We, players that actually play the game, had/have and probably, but I hope not, will have problems with lajaifugu.

+1 for banning lajaifugu forever

Agreed. +1 for a ban.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 12:40pm

Cabin Boy spybyte

Clan: Galconians

Sorry, Yusuke. But that's not true. Lajaifugu told me at the beginning of the tourney they she can't see red. In fact I don't really care if she's color blind or not (I'm not a Doctor). But with every group we played before she asked not to take red. It was never a problem. When we entered the server the first thing I recognized was, that you and don't who who else started picking on lajaifugu without a reason. I asked you several times (and I was very polite) to change your color. And I was not the only one asking for it. This took us 15 minutes or whatever time to play. Lajaifugu just did nothing. She also didn't respond on you insults.
Lajaifugu has her moments, true. But in this case it was definitely not her fault. Don't blame others for you behaviour.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 12:43pm

Cabin Boy melek

I Agree to ban yusuke

+1 whoever's with me.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 1:59pm

Cabin Boy yusuke

spybyte said...

-1 yusuke

Pretty good Fusion player, but a bad team player. Arrogant, especially to new players. Constantly picking on weaker team members. No go for an admin.

Yeah, I used to play a lot, and I'm still doing this yet I don't see any "new player" or "weak team member" complaining about what you're saying. I play a lot, unlike many of you, and still don't get a single complaint coming from those "new weak players"?Huh, I must be lucky.

I wanna see those "new players" that I'm being arogant to(I'm not sure if it's correct,but I'm too lazy to think about other way of saying that) coming here and saying that I cursed them or whatever.I also would like those that I'm "picking on" to do the same thing.
I believe those players are just too shy to come on forums or to send messages to Nanno.

I also agree to ban Yusuke.He's an arrogant jerk that is "picking on" every player that he sees.

P.S: If you look through forums, you'll see how melek "proved" that Lajaifugu is lying about her "color" problems.

Oh,btw.I have the right to choose with what color I want to play.There's no way to tell me to change it only because you're an admin.I have nothing to do with her own problem ,neither I care about those.
post updated on Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:06pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:11pm

Cabin Boy pussinboots.

spybyte said...

-1 yusuke

Pretty good Fusion player, but a bad team player. Arrogant, especially to new players. Constantly picking on weaker team members. No go for an admin.

Yeah, I used to play a lot, and I'm still doing this yet I don't see any "new player" or "weak team member" complaining about what you're saying. I play a lot, unlike many of you, and still don't get a single complaint coming from those "new weak players"?Huh, I must be lucky.

I wanna see those "new players" that I'm being arogant to(I'm not sure if it's correct,but I'm too lazy to think about other way of saying that) coming here and saying that I cursed them or whatever.I also would like those that I'm "picking on" to do the same thing.
I believe those players are just too shy to come on forums or to send messages to Nanno.

I also agree to ban Yusuke.He's an arrogant jerk that is "picking on" every player that he sees.

P.S: If you look through forums, you'll see how melek "proved" that Lajaifugu is lying about her "color" problems.

Oh,btw.I have the right to choose with what color I want to play.There's no way to tell me to change it only because you're an admin.I have nothing to do with her own problem ,neither I care about those.

True
post updated on Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:12pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:11pm

Cabin Boy kamatozzz

melek -1 . He didn't do anything so great to ban him.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:13pm

Cabin Boy rhydon

Sorry, Yusuke. But that's not true. Lajaifugu told me at the beginning of the tourney they she can't see red. In fact I don't really care if she's color blind or not (I'm not a Doctor).

I know you don't care, and honestly neither do I, but it annoys me that she is blatantly lying. We've already proven(Multiple Times, mind you) that she CAN she red. You took her word which, as far as I can tell, is a bad decision.

P.S. yusuke, I understand that your anger controls you, but in replying in that way, you're proving him right. Just thought I should add that in.
post updated on Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:14pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:14pm

Cabin Boy kamatozzz

I'm not agree to ban lajaifugu forever . But for months just as punish... this will be right way of finishing problems.
post updated on Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:15pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:23pm

Cabin Boy yusuke

P.S. yusuke, I understand that your anger controls you, but in replying in that way, you're proving him right. Just thought I should add that in.

Well,there's no "anger" that can control me,haha. I just hate so much stupid people, especially when they are admins, in this case.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:25pm

Cabin Boy rhydon

Well,there's no "anger" that can control me,haha. I just hate so much stupid people, especially when they are admins, in this case.

Exactly.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Dec 25, 2011 @ 3:00pm

Cabin Boy melek

ROFL

Page 22 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.