Galcon 2: 37 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 27 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:44am

Cabin Boy markuson

Clan: OldFarts

^yep. (Not under marky1991 anyway)

I was thinking about that, Marky, and something occurred to me. You know how you and I often disagree on admin type issues?  I honestly think that if you pent more time playing as a KNOWN admin...rather than playing as a screen name that other don't know is admin otherwise...your perceptions would change.  Knuckleheads sometimes target admins for verbal poop...and it occurs to me that you spend soooooo little time playing using your admin acct...that you are not fully aware of what it's like o play and fight as a known admin.

Personally, I think admins should be EXPECTED to actually USE their admin acct as an admin...lest they become less aware of admin issues other admins must deal with.

Just a suggestion...bc I think you begin to lose perspective.
post updated on Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:45am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:52am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Clan: Galconicorn

Under-Sheriff
Marky has more than one admined account.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 2:34am

Cabin Boy liron...

Clan: Galconians

rly?
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 3:50am

Cabin Boy namuck

Hehe if I have to put my name also here I will do ;)
+1namuck
+1 daRt
+kylerCA
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 8:52am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
"Marky has more than one admined account."

^This.

(Also, I switch to my admined accounts if someone starts acting up)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:52pm

Cabin Boy tim_saxton

Deputy
I don't want to appear to agree with Markuson "just because" but I largely agree with him on this 

Markuson = Floor Manager

Marky1991 = Corporate head office

I started using an old account recently because frankly being admin some evenings is purely a heat score. 

If you don't show up as admin - you don't have admin problems - I show up as admin and all hell breaks lose. 

Marky has a valid point...for whatever reason lately, being admin is not always nice...
post updated on Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:52pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:55pm

Ensign KylerCA

Clan: Singularity

^This.

WHAAAA? 0.0

I wanna know now : (
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:06pm

Cabin Boy melek

To be honest I havent seen need of admin as much as people claim, the only time I needed to mute some guy who was cussing a lot in teams but as soon as I entered as an @ he became totally chill
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 5:19pm

Cabin Boy hiphopfanz1

I don't want to appear to agree with Markuson "just because" but I largely agree with him on this 

Markuson = Floor Manager

Marky1991 = Corporate head office

I started using an old account recently because frankly being admin some evenings is purely a heat score. 

If you don't show up as admin - you don't have admin problems - I show up as admin and all hell breaks lose. 

Marky has a valid point...for whatever reason lately, being admin is not always nice...

That makes sense. Forgive me for my previous outbreak (melek).
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:13pm

Cabin Boy markuson

^This.

You're missing the point.  The point is...if you played constantly as a known admin as I, and some others do...I think you would be WAAAAY slower to side with the knuckleheads...because you would gain a better awareness of day-to-day life as an admin.  you would begin to understand WHY admin patience runs out for some trolls.  Bu you don't.  And, as you said, if you just switch o an admin account afte someone starts acting up....again...you do NOT experience the day-to-day things we full-time, known admins do.

This leads me to feel that this has a lot to do with why you seem so out of touch sometimes with the difficulties admins deal with.........because YOU...do not know what it's like.  You don't.  You can't.

I think you should play as an admin full time.  When ou do...I suspect your attitude will change.
post updated on Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:13pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 6:02am

Cabin Boy trianglez

^This.

You're missing the point.  The point is...if you played constantly as a known admin as I, and some others do...I think you would be WAAAAY slower to side with the knuckleheads...because you would gain a better awareness of day-to-day life as an admin.  you would begin to understand WHY admin patience runs out for some trolls.  Bu you don't.  And, as you said, if you just switch o an admin account afte someone starts acting up....again...you do NOT experience the day-to-day things we full-time, known admins do.

This leads me to feel that this has a lot to do with why you seem so out of touch sometimes with the difficulties admins deal with.........because YOU...do not know what it's like.  You don't.  You can't.

I think you should play as an admin full time.  When ou do...I suspect your attitude will change.

+ Infinity.

When you play with an unadminned alias, you're not representing the community. Admins have to.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 8:31am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
No, you missed the point. I play with admined account(s) quite frequently. I just don't play as "marky1991" much lately.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 8:47am

Ensign hollander

markuson said:
" [...] you would begin to understand WHY admin patience runs out for some trolls."

When you know of yourself you can lose patience then I suggest you log off from your adminned account and log in with an alternative. I see no reason why Mark should choose the side of the admin when he loses his patience, or whatever past incident you refer to. You shouldn't behave like an idiot when you're on your admin account, no matter how hard that is for some.

I also play on aliases quite often, when I smell problems I inconspicuously sneak out and come back with my admin account. The reason for me to do that is that I'm more busy talking with my adminned account than playing, so I regularly switch to an alternative. Not losing your temper easily when dealing with problems is a must for an admin, whatever the excuse is.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 12:22pm

Cabin Boy markuson

markuson said:
" [...] you would begin to understand WHY admin patience runs out for some trolls."

When you know of yourself you can lose patience then I suggest you log off from your adminned account and log in with an alternative. I see no reason why Mark should choose the side of the admin when he loses his patience, or whatever past incident you refer to. You shouldn't behave like an idiot when you're on your admin account, no matter how hard that is for some.

I also play on aliases quite often, when I smell problems I inconspicuously sneak out and come back with my admin account. The reason for me to do that is that I'm more busy talking with my adminned account than playing, so I regularly switch to an alternative. Not losing your temper easily when dealing with problems is a must for an admin, whatever the excuse is.

When I say "lose patience," that does not mean to inappropriately lose patience.  Patience SHOULD have a limit...and blatant, repeated foulness deserves very little "patience.". If an admin is TOO patient...it becomes counterproductive.

No one is suggesting that one lose their temper. I frankly do not at all. But there are limits...and limits that are exceeded willl be dealt with appropriately.

The idea that patience running out is somehow an automatic negative is silly.  Limits are necessary, and patience is only a virtue up until the point where it encourages the bad behavior.
post updated on Jun 23, 2012 @ 12:26pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:12pm

Ensign hollander

Problems should be dealt with rationally and maturely as an admin. That you get emotional and lose your temper easily is not necessarily a problem, as long as it doesn't show. But now I miss your point you were trying to make with Mark.
post updated on Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:13pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:34pm

Cabin Boy markuson

Problems should be dealt with rationally and maturely as an admin. That you get emotional and lose your temper easily is not necessarily a problem, as long as it doesn't show. But now I miss your point you were trying to make with Mark.

Of course they should be dealt with rationally. 

Just saying that a reference to patience coming to an end does not negate the presence of rational and mature action.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 3:42pm

Ensign hollander

I don't see the problem that adminned players shouldn't play on aliases and log in to their adminned account as soon as there is trouble.
post updated on Jun 23, 2012 @ 3:42pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:21pm

Cabin Boy markuson

I don't either.  My post was really to Marky...who's name is a pink flag...meaning he almost never plays as his well-known identity.  Because he doesn't play as his well-known admin identity...I believe it leads to a lesser awareness of what Galcon  as a targeted admin is like.

My post was not aimed at admins in general, but rather specific to pink-flag Marky
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:25pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I still don't see your point.

"meaning he almost never plays as his well-known identity."

I have more than one well-known identity. (I have several)

"Because he doesn't play as his well-known admin identity"

Again, as I've said before, I have more than one admin account. 

"I believe it leads to a lesser awareness of what Galcon  as a targeted admin is like."

I don't know what this means.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:32pm

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
You're not supposed to have more than one admin account.

Page 27 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.