Galcon 2: 41 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 28 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:45pm

Ensign KylerCA

Clan: Singularity

Ooooooohhhh

(picture didn't work.)
post updated on Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:45pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:46pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Clan: Galconicorn

Under-Sheriff
You're not supposed to have more than one admin account.

Don't tell me you were unaware that Marky had multiple admin accounts Nanno. I'd honestly be surprised if that were the case.

On a more on (current) topic note, my patience for trolls is slim to none. That doesn't make me a bad admin, it's what you do with that lack of patience. That doesn't mean I snap at them in a fit of anger. It means I don't wait 5 games before warning them if they're breaking the rules. I will promptly let them know, and from there go through the process of warnings and action if need be.

Lack of patience for something =/= rash action to counteract it.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:25pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
If that means one of them will be deadmined, I'd prefer it if marky1991 were deadmined to preserve the other account's secrecy. (I'd prefer neither be deadmined, of course. I like keeping my accounts secret and iit'll quickly get suspicious if I keep bringing the other in to do admin work)
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:29pm

Cabin Boy cerberus999

I'm pretty consistently the only sensible person on Galcon at lunchtime UK time therefore:

+1 to me.

Thanks.

Edit: posted in the wrong place sorry ;)
post updated on Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:31pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:31pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Clan: Galconicorn

Under-Sheriff
It doesn't take to much to figure out what it is though marky, you just have to try. xP

On a more serious note, I'd just try getting the other account unadmined under the radar sometime rather than your main. I feel like having a deputy forum account not admin in-game is weird, but idc in the end.

That's all between you and Nanno.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:35am

Cabin Boy markuson

Clan: OldFarts

I still don't see your point.

"meaning he almost never plays as his well-known identity."

I have more than one well-known identity. (I have several)

"Because he doesn't play as his well-known admin identity"

Again, as I've said before, I have more than one admin account. 

"I believe it leads to a lesser awareness of what Galcon  as a targeted admin is like."

I don't know what this means.

Marky, I haven't any idea what your other accounts are.

But honestly...if you can't make sense of my posts here...then I understand even more fully why some of these concepts seem lost on you.  It just seems to me that you do not understand what its like playing  as a known admin.  If you consistently played only as Marky...maybe you would understand.  I think it would give you some perspective that--in my opinion--you  lack.
post updated on Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:37am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:42am

Cabin Boy dart2012

"I believe it leads to a lesser awareness of what Galcon  as a targeted admin is like."

But honestly...if you can't make sense of my posts here...then I understand even more fully why some of these concepts seem lost on you.  It just seems to me that you do not understand what its like playing  as a known admin.  If you consistently played only as Marky...maybe you would understand.  I think it would give you some perspective that--in my opinion--you  lack.

One of his aliases are, inoa1991, it's his troll profile, When I join a room, he does nothing but spam all game long, it's so annoying. i've eeven seen him get muted a couple times. hahahahaa. XD
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:43am

Cabin Boy markuson

If that means one of them will be deadmined, I'd prefer it if marky1991 were deadmined to preserve the other account's secrecy. (I'd prefer neither be deadmined, of course. I like keeping my accounts secret and iit'll quickly get suspicious if I keep bringing the other in to do admin work)

OK...THIS...just underscored my point, Marky!

You want admin powers, but you don't want the identity known??
Really?
Wow.  This is VERY illuminating.
You are out of touch...because you retain admin powers...when no one even knows who you are.
I think you should have to admin right out in the open.  Until you do that...and only that...you will never understand the difficult side of being an admin that knuckleheads really DO treat differently.
If you want secrecy...great. But you shouldn't expect, or be granted "secret admin" identities.

Or put another way...until you deal with being an admin in the same way the ret of us must...your loud opinions have very little basis in similar admin experience.  It IS different, Marky.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:44am

Cabin Boy markuson

One of his aliases are, inoa1991, it's his troll profile, When I join a room, he does nothing but spam all game long, it's so annoying. i've eeven seen him get muted a couple times. hahahahaa. XD

I hope you're joking...because if you're serios...that, in my opinion, would mean Marky has no business with ANY admin powers.
post updated on Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:45am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 12:59pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
"But honestly...if you can't make sense of my posts here...then I understand even more fully why some of these concepts seem lost on you."

I don't know what you mean by a "targeted" admin. I would guess that it's supposed to be a synonym of "focused", but that makes little to no sense in context. 

".  It just seems to me that you do not understand what its like playing  as a known admin."

I play as a known admin all the time. It isn't like my other account is some completely unknown entity. It's a well-known account. It's simply distinct from marky1991.

"You want admin powers, but you don't want the identity known??"

I don't care if it's known, I just don't want the two accounts to be simply names for the same person. I personally don't care whether you like that or not.

"You are out of touch...because you retain admin powers...when no one even knows who you are. "

This still doesn't make sense. Everyone I play with knows who I am. It's not like I go and hide under the other account. I got admined with it. I must really act up with him, huh? VERY illuminating stuff indeed.

"Or put another way...until you deal with being an admin in the same way the re[s]t of us must"

I deal with my adminship in the exact same way as everyone else. 

@dart: Please don't make claims when you don't know what you're talking about. There's no need to encourage others to turn this into a witch hunt.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:10am

Cabin Boy markuson

"But honestly...if you can't make sense of my posts here...then I understand even more fully why some of these concepts seem lost on you."

I don't know what you mean by a "targeted" admin. I would guess that it's supposed to be a synonym of "focused", but that makes little to no sense in context. 

Read what Tim Saxton wrote regarding the way treatment of him gets WAAAY worse as an admin. I am saying...that when you play day-in...day-out...as one identity...so that people know who you are here in the forum an admin...and in-game as an admin...knuckleheads come after you, or "target" you.  We all agree tim_saxton is a good guy...yet he will tell you that as an admin, he takes a lot of extra crap...and can then take more here...just because he is an admin..  So in that sense...you become a target (hence my use of the word "targeted").

But you...who for reasons you have yet to explain...feel that you alone should have the ability to have one admin account that you post from here in the forums...and yet another admin account that you have at your disposal to use in-game.  This is different from the experience of every single other admin in existence.  This means your experience is NOT the same as other admins.  You spout here all the time...lecturing admins for doing their job...defending knuckleheads that we are stuck dealing with...all while you separate yourself  from players perceptions of you by using multiple admin acounts.

So tell me, Marky...what do you feel you gain by having what even Nanno says you aren't supposed to have? What places you above this expectation, and why do you feel you should be able to operate in a way that NO OTHER ADMIN can?  And...if you say you operate just as all other amins do...then why do you seek this separation of admin IDs?

The answer at least in part...is simple.  You do NOT operate as all other admins do, Marky.  No...you do not.  -You hide behind two admin accounts, and in so doing, you do NOT experience things the same way other admins do.

What you can't seem to grasp here is a very simple point:  -Before you continue your incredible propensity to step all over other admins. Either here in this forum, or undoing their actions...you need to serve as one...JUST LIKE THE REST OF US DO. -And that means without your little cushion of multiple admin accounts that lets you present yourself one way here as you chastise admins and take up the cause of knuckleheads...while you actually admin in-game differently under a different persona.  And by the way..."everyone" does NOT know your other name as you pretend.  If thy did...it would be pointless for you to have it.  I have been playing since 2008 and I have no idea hat your other accounts are.

Personally, I think that as long as your Marky flag is pink...as it almost always is...you shouldn't be admin at all under that account.  In fact, I would be perfectly willing to add a stipulation that admin powers only remain in effect for ANY admin...so long as they maintain (or resume) a certain rank.  In this way...we don't have to sit here and be chastised by an "admin" who doesn't even play his admin account.

I note that you say you don't car about hat others think of this.  I would suggest to ou that as a major player in the workings of Galcon...you NEED to care what others think.  If you really don't as you say you don't, then you need to find a new hobby and let those who DO CARE deal with things.
post updated on Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:15am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:53am

Ensign hollander

Clan: Galconians

Why would Nanno give some players multiple admin accounts? What's the reason for that?
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:16am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
I didn't realize Marky had multiple admin accounts. It looks like he's also Don_Quijote, who I thought was a totally different person to Marky1991. When people take up a whole new email with their new account, post to the forums as though they were a different person, etc., I don't always catch them being an alias of someone else. I have no reason to look up IP's unless someone is making trouble. 

I don't knowingly admin more than one alias for anybody, as I find this confusing for me and for others in the community (as this thread has so conveniently highlighted). I tend to agree with Markuson on most of this. I do think it's fine (and good) for admins to sometimes play on a non-adminned account if they're not feeling up to the task of baby-sitting, or if they want to spend some time in a normal player's shoes to remember what it feels like. But it really shouldn't become the "norm" or it defeats the purpose of having admins to begin with.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:23am

Ensign tycho2

Clan: pop

I do think it's fine (and good) for admins to sometimes play on a non-adminned account if they're not feeling up to the task of baby-sitting, or if they want to spend some time in a normal player's shoes to remember what it feels like. But it really shouldn't become the "norm" or it defeats the purpose of having admins to begin with.

Well, for me or people like LjuboM it is not fun to play on a non-adminned account, because people are always guessing who you are. For example: I was "TBeKjel" and joined the teams server and from the moment I played one round people asked me if i'm Zen, yusuke,.. It's not fun to have people guessing after who you are. So I can't really ever "relax" on Galcon.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:39am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
@markuson: Like I've said, I don't care what you think.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:44am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
"But it really shouldn't become the "norm" or it defeats the purpose of having admins to begin with.
"

I basically made don_quijote my main admin account. I've more or less abandoned marky1991 in-game. When I make another account my main account, it's counterproductive to not have someone you trust be an admin. I served my duty under all of my admin accounts.

I'm still very annoyed that you completely ignored my request and exposed my alias even though I have done no wrong nor have I broken a single rule. That is extremely rude and inconsiderate, nanno.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:49am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
I'm still very annoyed that you completely ignored my request and exposed my alias even though I have done no wrong nor have I broken a single rule. That is extremely rude and inconsiderate, nanno.

Yes, I know. It WAS extremely rude and inconsiderate, but I feel that you also have been rude and inconsiderate with a lot of this, and that's just how we feel about each other at the moment. My apologies, but this whole thing has put us both in a rather awkward spot that I wish had been avoided from the beginning.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:49am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
How have I possibly been rude here?
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:57am

Ensign KylerCA

Clan: Singularity

Wait what???!

My eyes just popped out of my head after I read this...
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:08am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
You can't honestly have been surprised. It's been a known "fact" for months (years?) now.

Page 28 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.