Galcon 2: 48 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesModsChat

Forums :: [OLD] Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Admin List Discussion Thread II

This thread is closed.

Page 31 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 7:42am

Cabin Boy liron...

Clan: Galconians

I love you, marky.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 7:54am

Cabin Boy sidekick

Clan: iElite

Can someone please tell me what he's done for the community? 

I'm getting frustrated here!

He administrates the forums... a lot. He also has a pretty wide range od personalities. He is actually 3 below nanno, though. I think Assasin is sheriff,  Somone else is co-sheriff, and he's deputy.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 8:34am

Cabin Boy newpower

Clan: INFERNO

So don_quijote is not a real player? 
This is worst than finding out that Santa was not real!

Hey Liron... we joined the same day, and Sidekick! This is odd
post updated on Jun 26, 2012 @ 8:35am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 8:47am

Cabin Boy lmfa0

Marky.. or Don... Whatever. I've hardly ever seen you online.. What is the fuss about being admin considering you don't even play the game?
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 9:04am

Cabin Boy melek

Clan: Galconians

Marky1991 likes to poke the ant hill but he's so good at doing that if ants could talk they would likely thank him for it.

^ This is very true.. Take the example on the yusuke issue, you can read the thread and notice how he always sides with the trouble-makers.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 9:11am

Cabin Boy Gideon

Clan: Olympus

As to what Marky has contribured to Galcon...don't forget the obvious...he adminned, a LOT of games, as one alias or the other, and always does so well.  He tries for balanced teams.  He always encourages and coaxes on new and learning players.  Every game I've ever been in with him was better (and, particularly in the case of dq, entertaining!) because he was present.  (Apparently he regulates the chat room a lot, too, but I don't care about chat, I come to play Galcon, and so I adress only that side of things).  He also builds the Hall of Fame.

As for his assertion that it hasn't been said that one person cannot have two admin accounts, and others have understood clearly that this is the policy, might I suggest both camps have elements of truth:  no one has ever been given an alternate admin account just because, or been allowed to transfer admin status to a new alias; but it was (I'm guessing) never said that a distinct private alias couldn't go through the regular upvote and vetting process, and receive adminship.  I don't know for sure that is what Marky is thinking, but it's what crosses my mind when I read these posts.

I don't mean to sound like a Marky apologist, but I see his actions on Galcon as overwhelmingly in the positive column (same with markuson, btw).  I do think he would have been wise to let Nanno know about the dual admin accounts, but that is water under the bridge.
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 9:50am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
Nano did the right in outing your name as punishment and then only giving your original acct the admin.

I didn't out the name as punishment. I just wanted to cut to the chase since it was destined to become common knowledge anyway. There just wasn't a decent way to avoid it. 

I don't believe Marky deserves any kind of punishment since I never told him he couldn't have two adminned accounts. This is something I've not announced anywhere in the forums (till recently) but have dealt with on an individual basis as people have asked. In his defense, Marky never asked me about such a thing so I'm assuming he never knew. Also, he did bring Don_Quijote in as a whole different player and got him upvoted via the regular process, which was quite unique and creative in my opinion. But still not something I'm going to allow to go on after I knew about it. ;)

Marky is awesome and is a big help to this community. I don't think anyone needs to condemn him in any way. Also, I have sorely missed Don_Quijote since his presence diminished on the forums some time ago. I was quite sad to find out he was not a unique individual. RIP Don_Quijote!
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 10:13am

Cabin Boy socratic

Don was Marky? What the hell Marky..
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 10:14am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Clan: Galconicorn

Under-Sheriff
My what a lively thread we have here?

I'm just curious, how the heck did you become admin on both accounts and how did you manage to pull it off for so long?

That's genius Marky props to you for secretly keeping 2 admin accounts well done.

Nanno didn't notice because it was registered under a different email address (for whatever reason?). But other people knew that was him through observation. Nanno just doesn't have the time to watch everyone like that.

It's dishonest in the exact same way an actor is "dishonest" for pretending to be someone else.

Erg, not really the same, buuut, I don't care to argue that. On to relevant points!

Nanno has never said that people cannot have two admin accounts. (Nor have I seen any suggestion that this is the case)

Now you should have combined these two sentences. Your absolute is false. She has said this more than once, you simply may not have seen it.

Bacon could solve this

This.

Finally, all the "stop attacking marky" comments. No one is attacking him. And he doesn't earn any special treatment based off of what he's done in the forums. While he may not agree with the specific issue at hand, I doubt he believes he merits any special treatment. No admin is above their own law.

Like Nanno pointed out, no one is punishing him either. She did the same thing as everyone else (unadmined the second), and she's right in saying that people would've found out shortly there after. If Stormz and Tinny know it's you (which they did), and something like this happens, it's going to spread, that's just a fact of Galcon life. That doesn't necessarily mean it was the right thing to do. But that's between Marky and Nanno.

Marky is a big help to the community and a good guy at heart. I do agree Marky that your debating often goes overboard. You rub people the wrong way on a regular basis, and tend to debate for the fun of it but at the expense of other peoples enjoyment of their time here. Sometimes you just go too far.

Anyway, I feel that sums up most of the loose ends and unanswered questions. Then my thoughts on a couple things. Sorry for the tower.
post updated on Jun 26, 2012 @ 10:15am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 11:02am

Ensign Nanno

Clan: Goat-Barons

The Queen Bee
Since we're all discussing "The merits of Marky1991", I'm going to paste something I wrote to someone in a private message exchange a few months ago. This player didn't agree with a stance Marky took in the forums and also took issue with the fact that a deputy was challenging my stance on something.  

I wrote: 

Marky's contentiousness is actually one reason I deputized him. He disagrees with me constantly, and I actually think that's a good thing. Is it right to surround myself with people who will always affirm, agree, and endorse my every opinion? I'm afraid if I surround myself with yes-men, I'll be prone to think I'm above making mistakes or poor decisions. Without a vocal dissenter in the crowd, I'll also be less likely to think before I act, because I would know that I would never have to take any heat for that decision. I like that Marky is not afraid to stand up and tell me when he disagrees with me because sometimes he's actually right!
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 11:28am

Cabin Boy tim_saxton

Clan: OldFarts

Deputy
Cooler heads prevail...

The funny thing is I don't see Marky1991 getting to worked up about being challenged on this issue...a good quality...he likes to challenge people too so it seems he can take it and dish it...this is good.

Markuson - Dude you are awesome and I honestly believe that you have done a TON for this community. You are about the most consistent working admin I have ever seen here!!

I also agree Bacon could solve this - Why wasn't he brought in earlier to bring this to a close? Clearly Bacon should be admin. It could be said his mere presence could broker a peace treaty between two warring factions because HE/SHE is the ONE thing they could agree on....
post updated on Jun 26, 2012 @ 11:29am
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:17pm

Cabin Boy markuson

I think we should start an "I love Marky1991" thread... ;)

Re: Marky--
Look folks... I have only ONE  beef with Marky, and he knows what and why that is.  Aside from that, I freely and happily agree that he doesn't need piling on. I believe his intentions are good, and that the area that sometimes bugs me does not define who he is or the value he retains here.

Re: Nanno--
I am continually amazed at her consistently cool, fair brain and truthful, non-sugar-coated mouth.  Kudos to your brain and mouth, Nanno. :)

Re:Tim_Saxton-- 
You are a true gentleman, and a perceptive guy.  You sense meaning behind posts and intelligently read beyond the surface to appreciate undercurrents far more readily than most.  This is very helpful to me personally bc without that perceptive ability, my messages are easily lost on many.

Re: Chi-ro--
You strike me as perhaps the most even-keeled admin of them all... You are also a straight shooter who isn't too bent to change your mind.  This is a good thing.

Re: Markuson (me)--
I can be stubborn  in my expectations at times...and freely recognize that I'm more conservative than most when it comes to tolerance of certain behaviors.   I get annoyed with opinions not based in experience or facts, and lose patience with patterns of this.  I also understand, however, that disagreement cn be healthy so long as both sides are open to persuasion. I think this community does need opinions on both sides, and that includes both Marky1991's tendencies...and also my own.

So in the infamous words of Rodney King...perhaps we can all "just get along..." with the understanding that this doesn't mean we all have to agree.  By the way... Rodney King was a knucklehead...so I'm sure in light of Rodney's recent death...Marky1991 would like to say a few kind words in his defense.  ;)

Markuson
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 3:25pm

Cabin Boy tim_saxton

Deputy

So in the infamous words of Rodney King...perhaps we can all "just get along..." with the understanding that this doesn't mean we all have to agree.  By the way... Rodney King was a knucklehead...so I'm sure in light of Rodney's recent death...Marky1991 would like to say a few kind words in his defense.  ;)

Markuson

I don't care who you are...that was freaking hilarious

<3 Markuson <3 Marky1991
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 3:44pm

Cabin Boy tinny

Clan: tinbots

This has been quite the bonding experience

Is this an admin only thing orcan anyone join in?

How about some truths about me!!!

@tinny
Wow. Just wow... And sometimes even a whoa! But always a whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy along side a weeeeeeeeeeeeeee followed by a woooooooooooooo yea! Lets do that again! But my mum says im not allowed to play with you anymore... I have candy apple. Alright lets goooooooooooooo!!
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 4:24pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
All this sappy crap can stop now. There's nothing left to say. 

@tinny: You're something. It was really awkward that one time you called my house. I guess it made us closer or something though. Hmm...I can't think of anything else.

edit: Added the note to tinny. (That's the last bit of sappy crap allowed in this thread)
post updated on Jun 26, 2012 @ 4:28pm
Re: Admin List Discussion Thread II :: Jun 26, 2012 @ 5:14pm

Cabin Boy socratic

I know how to contact... cough certain people cough

Page 31 / 31 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 

This thread is closed.