Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 7 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Tim_Saxton

You must sign in to post.

Page 7 / 8 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

Re: 1v1 & FFA :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:36pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
^Agreed wholeheartedly. Although in practice, exclusive non 1v1ers can afford to have slightly worse tactics. Their tactics can't be much worse though, despite what others may claim. I do agree that ideally, a pro at (non-1v1) ffa would also be a 1v1 pro. The reverse is not true.

1v1 is galcon tactics. Non-1v1 ffa games use galcon tactics (the exact same kind used for 1v1s) and add on strategy, making it a much more complex beast. A player who wins every time in 1v1s is a player who has mastered tactics in galcon. However, such a player doesn't necessarily know anything about strategy in galcon. If he were to try to play (non-1v1) ffa, it's quite conceivable that he would fail miserably. Strategy is a complicated thing. You can't simply pick it up in a second. (Well, you can but the proabability that a player figures it out instantly is near 0)
Re: 1v1 & FFA :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:15pm

Cabin Boy inhumane.

1v1 has only tactics: redirection, expansion, etc.. Every aspect in 1v1 is also in FFA. FFA mastery also requires mastery of the mastery of the 1v1 tactics. Because of the inclusion of all the 1v1 skills present in FFA, the perfect FFA player will also be the perfect 1v1 player.
If that is true, then ask all your legends to come and 1on1 us?(me yusuke ljubom.)
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:17pm

Cabin Boy inhumane.

If what chi-ro said is correct, then I have an extra reason why I would like 1v1 more. 1v1 is a quicker way too prove who's better. Someones bragging? Ask them for a 1on1.

Second of all, you must admit, 1on1 is much much more intense then Free For All games, everything you need to focus on. 

PS: lol, tim saxton will freak out when he comes back and sees a 6 page long thread about him :D
post updated on Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:21pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:33pm

Cabin Boy moooo

Your such a child. Go back to mommy.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:34pm

Cabin Boy melek

Off topic noobs
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:37pm

Cabin Boy inhumane.

Your such a child. Go back to mommy.

Ok now this guy annoyed me. YOU, a 25 year old, maybe older, person still playing a game with planets capturing each other, you name yourself "moooo", and you dont even have a job, and you're telling ME i'm a child? Please, maybe your "mommy" should get you a job, you pig.
post updated on Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:39pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:16pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Guys, insults don't prove anything. Let's be mature adults and discuss things civilly instead of name-calling when someone disagrees.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:40pm

Cabin Boy moooo

Ok now this guy annoyed me.

That was the point.

and you dont even have a job

I have currently have two. This summer I will be working for NASA.

Please, maybe your "mommy" should get you a job, you pig.

She has three.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:41pm

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
You children are acting worse than babies in a sandbox. Could you please bring the maturity level up a few notches?
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:30am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You children are acting worse than babies in a sandbox. Could you please bring the maturity level up a few notches?

I think I asked this two pages ago. xP

Anyway, Marky and Tx are talking about ideal situations. In practice it doesn't work as simply as stated. 1v1 uses less tactics yes, but they're different. I stand by what I said last page about it being a completely different game.

While I do agree a FFA player would have the advantage going to 1v1 over a 1v1 player going to FFA, there are still things they'd have to learn. It's a completely different monster. So no, a perfect FFA player =/= a Perfect 1v1 player. It's much closer than the other way around, but hardly that straight forward.

Also, sorry for being long, but let me get this out of the way now. Zen, I know you mean the best from this. But you're consistently requesting/demanding we bring our "legends" to fight x person in x game mode. Please understand. We couldn't even if we wanted to. We have no contact with most of these people, and probably don't care quite as much about it as you do to bother them if we did.

It is a completely impossible request to fulfill.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:45am

Cabin Boy liron...

Okay mummy we are sorry :(
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:26am

Cabin Boy mongoose

I KNOW WHERE TIMMYPOO IS - THE LAST WORDS HE WILL EVER SAY IN GALCON (probably) ARE SITTING IN MY INBOX!!! THE LEGEND OF THE TIMMYPOO WILL PREVAIL!!!! Here are his last words:
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:27am

Ensign tycho2

I have missed tim_saxton soooo hard
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:33am

Cabin Boy LjuboM

Umm
Are you guys using sarcasm for "missing Tim_Saxton"?
I don't remember that i have even talked to him.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:45am

Cabin Boy ziche

THats because you hardly play fusion, otherwise he was one of the most known players around.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:27am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Honestly, I don't remember playing with him either... (I'm sure I did, but obviously not too much. (And don't you dare claim I don't play fusion. I'm tired of refuting that claim.))
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:31pm

Cabin Boy tim_saxton

Deputy
Guys guys guys.....back on topic please...

OK, let me just say that I miss Timmy too. He sucked at 1vs1 but had an incredible knack for winning against top tier players in FFA. He is a family man, a man of the land, a man made of Meat, BBQ sauce and beer.....a man dedicated to bettering the sport of Galcon whilst fostering a spirit of family, nay communal living within these pages.

I am certain he would roll in his grave if saw the arguing going on in this thread as it is an affront to his memory, his way of life and zen style of galcon love.

He loved each of you (he told me) and while he would be offended by some people here who have forgotten him in both memory and skill, he would still gaze upon your soft focused visage and warmly smile in that knowing way and embrace you as a brother/sister in galcon. 

As an Admin he was known for being fair, trustworthy and funny, he fostered a spirit of togetherness even under adversarial conditions in FFA. He wowed with skill in teams and honored the loving memory of this universes creators in both action and deeds.

He was well loved and he loved, you where his children and he your daddy. And if by golly you can't remember his name now....don't worry you will be screaming it later!

In love
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:56pm

Cabin Boy morpheus42

Guys guys guys.....back on topic please...

OK, let me just say that I miss Timmy too. He sucked at 1vs1 but had an incredible knack for winning against top tier players in FFA. He is a family man, a man of the land, a man made of Meat, BBQ sauce and beer.....a man dedicated to bettering the sport of Galcon whilst fostering a spirit of family, nay communal living within these pages.

This is, in a sense, part of what makes a "legend", as a certain someone said I was being silly in asserting. It is remembering those who do their part to make the world a better place, even if their visage cannot be immediately comprehended.

I am certain he would roll in his grave if saw the arguing going on in this thread as it is an affront to his memory, his way of life and zen style of galcon love.

+1. I would have never guessed that a thread dedicated to such a hopeful longing for a moderately-anticipated return would have devolved to name-calling and silliness, or that it would even stretch this long, by my own word. It was entertaining, though, and it's nice to know the names of the groundbreakers too.

He loved each of you (he told me) and while he would be offended by some people here who have forgotten him in both memory and skill, he would still gaze upon your soft focused visage and warmly smile in that knowing way and embrace you as a brother/sister in galcon.

He has already said this to me in another thread, even though I have yet to play him. To me, this says a lot about his legendary character.

As an Admin he was known for being fair, trustworthy and funny, he fostered a spirit of togetherness even under adversarial conditions in FFA...

IMO, this is one of the most valuable skill sets anyone could possess not only in Galcon but IRL. This is pure win.

He was well loved and he loved, you where his children and he your daddy...

I *heart* you too, Tim.
post updated on Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:57pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 26, 2012 @ 3:52pm

Cabin Boy liron...

Hey tim
Where are you?
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Mar 26, 2012 @ 3:57pm

Cabin Boy melek

TIM IS THAT YOU? TIM DIED?!

Page 7 / 8 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

You must sign in to post.