Galcon Karaoke Party! Saturday, August 23th
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Tim_Saxton

You must sign in to post.

Page 2 / 8 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:55pm

Cabin Boy ziche

Then you're using slang and don't really mean "legend". You must also disagree with the other people on this thread saying that he is a legend in the original sense of the word.

What? A legend is traditional story, popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated by definition. This is definitely not what I was thinking of him as. And I highly doubt anyone else did either. I saw it only as the slang, and nothing more. I assumed that's how everyone else saw it, but it seems it might only be an Australian thing.

ps: upon re-reading, only one person claimed he was a legend, and that was in the literal translation, which fitted perfectly the context. He said 'I have come to believe you are a living legend'. And I did see it as "legend", just as much as everyone else, just a different meaning.
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:58pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:07pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
The problem arises when you're using the same word to define vastly different levels of player. People like tx and I regard players such as Carn or ThirdParty as legends*. Players who practically wrote the book on Galcon strategy.

When you come along and use same word for someone on a completely different level (even with a different intended meaning), it causes confusion and disagreement. 

By your definitions, almost everyone on the forums is a legend to someone. By ours, it's reserved to the greatest of greats. The two don't mix well.

*Sorry for speaking on your behalf tx, I assume you regard them highly as most older players, feel free to correct me if you disagree.
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:08pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:12pm

Cabin Boy ziche

Haha, definitely not everyone. Some of my close friends, perhaps. It's purely opinion based, you may view those players as legends (since you've been here much longer than I have), while I view different players as 'legends' (being here only 10 months or so). Nobody is going to win this argument overall, and my only real argument earlier was that you were wrong about saying tim wasn't a legend, since you obviously didn't know him well. But besides that, there's not much we can say.
Re: Tim_Saxton? :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:18pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I've come to believe that tim saxton never actually existed; he was nothing more than a legend the old passed on to the young between rounds, his greatness entirely contained in the quiet whispers that bore his name.

PS: You two take word choice way too seriously. 

edit: Added the note ps.
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:18pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:24pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Haha, definitely not everyone. Some of my close friends, perhaps.

I was talking about different people though. As different players all look up to or are good friends with other different players. It adds up to a lot of legends when you think about it.

This is just how things work in a community such as this. You don't know any better, never having played with the super greats of old, so old senile people like Tx and I are left to correct and remind you there's been better out there. And point you towards people who should truly be revered.

As you'll notice in my first post, I don't actually expect your mind to change at all. To you he's a great player, and you've never played with the people we'd be referring to. But it doesn't change the fact, that in the scope of 5-6 years of Galcon (whenever Tx started playing, as he started first) we've seen much more and have a better broader perspective on the matter.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:26pm

Cabin Boy ziche

Fair enough, never once did I deny that. I'm not sure what your point is, it seems you didn't read my previous post, just the first line.
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:27pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:35pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Chi, you didn't seriously think this:

"Do we know if Tim_Saxton is a busy dad? Do we know if he's a world traveler? Are we aware of any sort of commitment that would somehow overshadow even Galcon??? 

Tim_Saxton, I have come to believe that you are a legend. I would like every reason to believe that you are a living legend. Come back and show us your famed skill once more (partly so that I who have never seen such wizardry can bear witness to it)."

was serious, did you? It seems obvious to me that he's being intentionally melodramatic. Coming in to correct someone using melodrama is silly. They're trying to be silly.

edit: Forgot to add italics. That is the greatest thing ip ever taught me. 
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:35pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:43pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Chi, you didn't seriously think this:

was serious, did you?

Uhh, no. Not any more serious than my first post? Maybe Tx did, I was just jokingly replying to him, and then Ziche after that.

Did you read my first post? It was a joke. ;)
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:50pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I demand humor tags. These jokes are not funny. I need a clear signal so I know when to laugh.

edit: Fixed a comma splice.
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:51pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:03pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

I demand humor tags. These jokes are not funny. I need a clear signal so I know when to laugh.

edit: Fixed a comma splice.

Lol!

Humor tags, +10

We need those (I'm not joking).
post updated on Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:04pm
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:15pm

Cabin Boy hiphopfanz1

Wait, why are you arguing?
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:33pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
People should probably take the forums in general much less seriously. ;)
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 8:19pm

Cabin Boy deception

Tim_Saxton is the jest in majestic. He better come back D:
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:50pm

Cabin Boy moooo

Marky:

No one is being that serious. I'm just messing around. Settle down. Although yes, Carn, ThirdParty, and Kaizen are those 3 players I look up to in terms of skill the most.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:56pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Marky:

No one is being that serious. I'm just messing around. Settle down. Although yes, Carn, ThirdParty, and Kaizen are those 3 players I look up to in terms of skill the most.

Can't say I remember Kaizen unfortunately. But it's nice to see I was on the mark with the other two.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:59pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

They should come back too :)

It's obviously been a long time since they played, so it'll be like starting over to a certain extent :)
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 10:17pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
They should come back too :)

It's obviously been a long time since they played, so it'll be like starting over to a certain extent :)

Carn and TP did come back through Fusion Beta, and trust me, it was nothing like starting over as far as their ability went. ;)
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 10:18pm

Cabin Boy moooo

Kaizen played when you were here, you just must not remember. We'd always fight for 1st place on the rankings. He regularly made me 2nd.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 10:40pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
There are lots of people to forget over the years. xD

Speaking of fond memories, Xork anyone? (I think that was his name.) I also remember having a lot of fun in classic with Xomb (best person to have on your team), Nut, bmvj, SuperSniper (sexy devil), TheWinner, Todrunk2funk (can't believe I'd forgotten him till now! =D), Merlin, you, a bit with muse towards the end.

And I'm sure on top of the names I've now butchered, I've forgotten quite a few awesome people. But alas, my memory of those times is starting to slip.
Re: Tim_Saxton :: Feb 24, 2012 @ 10:47pm

Cabin Boy hopeypwns13

Im sorry i didnt notice...? LOL a lot of people on galcon dont come back on for a while but nobody posts about it. Now all of the sudden, Tim_Saxton is gone OMG OMG OMG! WUWT?  (What Up With That?)

Page 2 / 8 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

You must sign in to post.