Galcon 2 Fan-Premier Launch for PC/Mac/Linux/Android! Now anyone can check out Galcon 2! 4 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon)

This thread is closed.

Page 9 / 10 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:35am

Cabin Boy ziche

Anyone in this thread who jumped in and argued either side, including myself. Should stfu...Most of you just looked like major kiss ass'es to nanno.

'including myself'

I'll leave it there...

"It's their discussion, let them have it..Regardless I think we can all agree Txgangsta is a skilled player. Definitively worthy of being considered the first GA, because of just how good his %'s were before he "cheated" But it dosn't matter if he got it first or not. Really it's just a dumb flag. I think almost everyone here considers Tx to be an elite player. Let's not forget that.  "

What exactly is your point? He's innocent because he's a skilled player? The fact that he was good enough to achieve GA doesn't mean he didn't cheat. That just makes him seem silly, actually, since if he was as good as you claim he was, why didn't he simply take the punishment like a man and re-get GA? How hard can that be if you're so good?

'really it's just a dumb flag' 
Yes, thank you very much. We noticed this quite a while ago actually. 

Summary of the second paragraph: Moo is a skilled player. It doesn't matter if he got it first or not. GA is dumb. But he is skilled, we can't forget that. 

Basically: no point whatsoever.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:36am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:57am

Cabin Boy moooo

I never have tried to get it again because I had 90 win% and got it legitimately. There's no need to get it again.
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:20am

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

"Anyone in this thread who jumped in and argued either side, including myself. Should stfu...Most of you just looked like major kiss ass'es to nanno.

It's their discussion, let them have it..Regardless I think we can all agree Txgangsta is a skilled player. Definitively worthy of being considered the first GA, because of just how good his %'s were before he "cheated" But it dosn't matter if he got it first or not. Really it's just a dumb flag. I think almost everyone here considers Tx to be an elite player. Let's not forget that.
"

I have to agree with that. 

To people talking about bananas: I agree with hollander! :P Yellow bananas are the best bananas to eat :)
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:21am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:31am

Cabin Boy concretewave

Ziche: 

My point is new generation players like you and markuson shouldn't come in here and talk crap about respect and chivalry. That ****es me off. You weren't even here at the time. 

Your dis-agreements with me are pretty consistent with the fact that Markuson is your little buddy. This issue is between nanno and txgangsta. Don't come in here and talk **** about respect okay? Not to hard to understand. You have no place here. and when I say you have a opinion, I meen that in the sense that it's an internet forum and nothing is stoping you from posting. EVEN if you shouldn't 

And ziche I'm not saying hes innocent. I can see nanno's reasoning behind the ban, and tx's reasoning about it. But it people like YOU that just stir the fire in here, talking about an issue that happened a long time ago. when you didn't even play! Markuson's post was pompous. Hence annoyed me.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:37am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:34am

Cabin Boy concretewave

thread should probably be locked as the original issue has been resolved before another round of bickering starts

+1 Please.
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:49am

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Interestingly enough, Markuson has been here longer than you, Concretewave. 2008, I believe. I remember playing him back during the old days of Classic Galcon. And while the issue is indeed between me and Txgangsta, Txgangsta is the one who made (and continues to make) a constant display of the problem in the forums before the public. Since that is the case, there's nothing wrong with the public chiming in here. 

I'll also say that since Tx is convinced that he got GA legitimately, I don't know why he demands that all others see it his way. If he is so convinced of his "rightness" then that should be enough for him. To alienate an entire community with his childish tantrums and name-calling just because they don't recognize him is ridiculous. Even if I had taken his GA title away maliciously (as he has claimed in the past), he still would have no excuse to behave this way about it. We all lose. We all get treated unfairly. We all get accused wrongly. That's life. The only thing that matters in the end is how we take it.
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:07am

Cabin Boy LjuboM

Tx to get weight off the standoff the standoff has to happen for a reason.
But you got 7 weight from him in few minutes which is defeneatly cheating.
it's impossible that 7 standoffs happen in few mins especially in 1v1.
You cheated to get GA, which means that you have never really been GA...
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:13am

Cabin Boy concretewave

I'll just point out even though I already said this to you nanno. That I first played back in oct 2008. Triskal 14. 

Also Still, I don't remember Markuson being around at the time this all played out. He wasn't active in the forums or in game from what I remember. Oh well.

The whole respect thing that Markuson threw out there was just really annoying to me.
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:14am

Admiral markuson

You assume I care about your opinion.

No. Classless jerks who insult women calling them whores, etc. don't have the good sense to care what anyone thinks.  So in this case...you are again...wrong.  No one reading along here expects ANYTHING normal from you at this point, you petty, foul, classless, clueless, cheating little punk.

And that's all I have to say about thayat... ;)

Love,

Markuson

PS. Now before you jump on me, Marky...please point out the portion of the above which is not the simple truth.  I always tell the truth...even when it ain't perty. Thanks. ;)

This is what I'm talking about. Markuson has nothing to do with this at all. I don't even think he played at the time. Of course hes entitled to his opinion (actually I'm not sure with that crap he just posted) but He's just throwing himself in there, probably trying to be chivalrous. Thinking hes defending Nanno or women in general. (failing) PLUS pretending he knows anything about the situation in callin' tx a cheater. I have two words for you:

Kiss. Ass. 

"No one reading along here expects ANYTHING normal from you at this point, you petty, foul, classless, clueless, cheating little punk."

False. Plus why would you just throw insults randomly? That makes you both foul, classless, and obviously most defiantly clueless. Get out.

Kiss ass? Wow. I don't care WHO the female is...you don't call them whores.  If you fel it is "kissing ass" to stick up for someone being called a whore, then you, too, need to go home and ask your mother how to conduct yourself as a male.

I readily disagree with nanno sometimes...but I choose to tell HER rather than spew it to the rest of you, here.   As for ass kissing... Apparently the years you have played along side me escaped your attention. Because if you had payed any attention at all, you would have noticed that I take a universally dim view of foul language, and the hurling of filthy terms like "whore" at ANYONE.

As for bing "foul" myself... Go back and read. There is not a SINGLE swear word or foul language in my post.  If you think I was being harsh... Hmm.  What do to cal lit when someone calls a girl a whore??  Why are you commenting on MY post when that kind of smut is being hurled??  Just amazing and disappointing to me, concrete.  This post from you has really changed my perception of you.  

But anyway... It is not kissing anyone's butt to stick to my personally-held principles of decent behavior.  And as for my harsh description of moooo... I said it accurately, and he heard fom me what most here SHOULD be thinking of ANYONE who gets inappropriate with a person, much less ANY woman.

I guess you think my going after a guy who calls girls whores and stupid *****es the greater offense compared with their behavior?  
That...just absolutely blows me away, concrete. 

As for you saying I wasn't playing back then... WRONG.  I was...quite actively in fact. And...I have always voiced my thoughts regarding what I also perceive as cheating...and the cheapening of the highest rank by anything other than seeking to win always.

Get your facts straight...quit going after the wrong people...and quit preaching that everyone should shut up...only to turn right around to keep your own lips flapping.  ;)

M
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:23am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:15am

Cabin Boy concretewave

Hello captain obvious? If he hadn't of cheated and just played a few more hours and got it. He would've had better %'s than any of your GA's. Playing against better players. so hush hush.
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:21am

Cabin Boy concretewave

No. Classless jerks who insult women calling them whores, etc. don't have the good sense to care what anyone thinks.  So in this case...you are again...wrong.  No one reading along here expects ANYTHING normal from you at this point, you petty, foul, classless, clueless, cheating little punk.

Love,

Markuson

PS. Now before you jump on me, Marky...please point out the portion of the above which is not the simple truth.  I always tell the truth...even when it ain't perty. Thanks. ;)

This is what I'm talking about. Markuson has nothing to do with this at all. I don't even think he played at the time. Of course hes entitled to his opinion (actually I'm not sure with that crap he just posted) but He's just throwing himself in there, probably trying to be chivalrous. Thinking hes defending Nanno or women in general. (failing) PLUS pretending he knows anything about the situation in callin' tx a cheater. I have two words for you:

Kiss. Ass. 

"No one reading along here expects ANYTHING normal from you at this point, you petty, foul, classless, clueless, cheating little punk."

False. Plus why would you just throw insults randomly? That makes you both foul, classless, and obviously most defiantly clueless. Get out.

Kiss ass? Wow. I don't care WHO the female is...you don't call them whores.  If you fel it is "kissing ass" to stick up for someone being called a whore, then you, too, need to go home and ask your mother how to conduct yourself as a male.

I readily disagree with nanno sometimes...but I choose to tell her rather than spew it o the rest of you, here.   As for ass kissing... Apparently the years you have played along side me escaped your attention. Because if you had payed any attention at all, you would have noticed that I take a universally dim view of foul language, and hurling filthy terms like "whore" at ANYONE.

As for bing "foul" myself... Go back and read. There is not a SINLE swear word or oul an gauge in my post.  If you think I was being harsh...what do to cll it when someone calls a girl a whore??  Why are you commenting on MY post when that kind of smut is being hurled??  Just amazing and disappointing to me, concrete.

It is no kissing anyone's butt to stick to my personally-hld principles of decent behavior.  And as for my harsh description of moooo... I said it accurately, and he heard fom me what most here should be thinking of ANYONE who gets that filthy with  person, much less ANY woman.

I defend ANYONE from jerks.  Wouldn't you??? -Apparently not, and that is disappointing.

M

I agree that he was completely and totally out of line calling her a whore. But imo I don't feel it's your place to come in here and defend nanno.

I have two sisters. I'm the ****ed off brother who punched a  guy at a concert for telling her she had a nice chest, and then some other things.. Last night at the hunger games premiere I chewed out some douches for talking like idiots trying to guess some of my friends bra size. I get where your coming from. But nanno can handle herself. 

I respect your stance against bad language and everything. But just in my opinion it wasn't your place. 

This really isn't what my problem was with your post tho. Oh well, I can just drop this if you agree to.  

Edit: you edited your orginal post so I will aswell: In regards to your activity during the time: I honestly played 3-4 hours a day back then..and I don't ever remember seeing you in game or a forum post. Or atleast during that GA race idk

Let us drop it. Stop making assumptions about my attitude towards women. I agree with you, but that combined your you tx bashing bothered me okay?
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:28am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:31am

Admiral markuson

Love,

Markuson

Kiss. Ass. 

I readily disagree with nanno sometimes...but I choose to tell her rather than spew it o the rest of you, here.   As for ass kissing... Apparently the years you have played along side me escaped your attention. Because if you had payed any attention at all, you would have noticed that I take a universally dim view of foul language, and hurling filthy terms like "whore" at ANYONE.

As for bing "foul" myself... Go back and read. There is not a SINLE swear word or oul an gauge in my post.  If you think I was being harsh...what do to cll it when someone calls a girl a whore??  Why are you commenting on MY post when that kind of smut is being hurled??  Just amazing and disappointing to me, concrete.

It is no kissing anyone's butt to stick to my personally-hld principles of decent behavior.  And as for my harsh description of moooo... I said it accurately, and he heard fom me what most here should be thinking of ANYONE who gets that filthy with  person, much less ANY woman.

I defend ANYONE from jerks.  Wouldn't you??? -Apparently not, and that is disappointing.

M

I agree that he was completely and totally out of line calling her a whore. But imo I don't feel it's your place to come in here and defend nanno.

I have two sisters. I'm the ****ed off brother who punched a  guy at a concert for telling her she had a nice chest, and then some other things.. Last night at the hunger games premiere I chewed out some douches for talking like idiots trying to guess some of my friends bra size. I get where your coming from. But nanno can handle herself. 

I respect your stance against bad language and everything. But just in my opinion it wasn't your place. 

This really isn't what my problem was with your post tho. Oh well, I can just drop this if you agree to.  

Let me get this straight...  You PUNCHED a guy over comments on bras, etc, but I should refrain from even COMMENTING???

Further...somehow...you feel is WAS your place to attack the guy defending a girl from being called a whore?  Wow. You have a very confusing stance!
-I should not defend the girl being called a whore...but YOU...on the other hand...are OK with crying over my criticism of the guy calling her a whore.

If you don't see the irony in your own flip-flopping there, then I will give up trying to let you see.

Character is an interesting trait, as it is revealed sometimes in the worst of circumstances.  You might be a great guy...I really don't know. But if my view of you were to be formed here...I would have to say that you are someone who would sooner defend the guys who call girls whores...than defend her yourself.   I am truly blown away by your stance.

I will defend ANYONE from foul language attacks in the game or in this community...and I often do.  If you want to assume that is butt kissing...you are entitled to being wrong...but you are not going to convince me to stop being a decent human being.  

Heck...whose "ass" am I "kissing" when I warn or eventually mute foul players in-game?  Am I kissing the butt of the random players they go after?  Really? Of course not.  Ridiculous.  In this case...it just happens to be our very decent chief admin.  And that means I should take less umbrage at her abuse?  Dude... Amazing.

Now will you please stop telling us all to shut up if you are just going to keep right on posting?  Post away...fine with me...but you are severely contradicting yourself here.

Thanks.

M
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:47am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:40am

Cabin Boy inhumane.

Hello captain obvious? If he hadn't of cheated and just played a few more hours and got it. He would've had better %'s than any of your GA's. Playing against better players. so hush hush.
Why is there always an "If"? can't you just live the way it happened?
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:41am

Cabin Boy concretewave

I'm not going to agure your post. Your right. The respect issue was what bothered me. 

To me respect (not so much here) but in real life is a huge thing what I'm trying to say is that not anyone should just come in here and talk about how they don't respect someone. Of course tx feels the same way about you I'm sure. But your first post just came across to me wrong. All I'm saying. I feel like any given person have to earn their right to judge other people's character. To voice their perception of other's character, so their respect, or lack there of. Get what I'm sayin'?

It gave me a over-whelming desire to tell people who had nothing to do with the situation to just keep their mouths shut. Which I think is completely reasonable! 

@inhumane.: It really dosn't matter man, it is an IF. But it's a big IF. IF he could've found a diffrent way of getting that last 7 weight, he would've had the best percentages as a GA than anyone ever had..sucks alot that went to waste..

edit: "Let me get this straight...  You PUNCHED a guy over comments on bras, etc, but I should refrain from even COMMENTING???" 

haha this does make me sound silly^^ But that was in real life..and it was my sister man.. Feel like this is a little diffrent. regardless my main problem wasn't with that. Just the fundamentals of how you carried yourself around the word "respect"
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:51am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:48am

Cabin Boy inhumane.

Pfff, you just said you hate when others talk when they dont know the situation. Tell me, do you know who are ALL the GA's, what person got it and how many times? BS if u tell me yes, so don't say he would have gotten a better % then anybody else.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:49am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:50am

Admiral markuson

I'm not going to agure your post. Your right. The respect issue was what bothered me. 

To me respect (not here) but in real life is a huge thing what I'm trying to say is that not anyone should just come in here and talk about how they don't respect someone. Of course tx feels the same way about you I'm sure. But your first post just came across to me wrong. All I'm saying. I feel like any given person have to earn their right to judge other people's character. To voice their perception of other's character, so their respect, or lack there of. Get what I'm sayin'?

It gave me a over-whelming desire to tell people who had nothing to do with the situation to just keep their mouths shut. Which I think is completely reasonable! 

@inhumane.: It really dosn't matter man, it is an IF. But it's a big IF. IF he could've found a diffrent way of getting that last 7 weight, he would've had the best percentages as a GA than anyone ever had..sucks alot that went to waste..

You talk of real life as if this community is somehow detached from real life.  Concrete, this may just be play-land to some...but has it occurred to you that this is not only real life...but is Nanno's place of employment?  This IS a part of her real life...and frankly, the conversations we have here are just as important as the conversations you have in line at a movie.

I think if more people remembered that the Internet IS part of real life, and that there are real people reading really foul stuff...they might think twice.

There is an unfortunate perception of "safety" is saying things here those same people wouldn't dare say in person.  My hope as a player is to seek to bring this place up to the same standards we would have in person.  If you felt compelled to punch that guy...then please don't begrudge me if I feel compelled to throw a well-deserved verbal blow.  My blow wasn't profain at all, either.  It was just strong...and just as strong as was appropriate, in my opinion.

Thank you for at least acknowledging some things here.  I appreciate that.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:56am
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:51am

Cabin Boy LjuboM

If that was so easy for him, why didn't he do it?
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:58am

Cabin Boy concretewave

@markuson: 

Man, I do disagree to a certain extent. It is detached from real life. Lots of people who are decent people in real life act like total douches online. While that may a good view of their inner-character..I don't judge them to hard for how they treat random people through a computer screen. The fact that they wouldn't be that way to you in real life, compared to if they did that in real life is a big diffrence there so no. I do not see this as serious as a guy being a perve to my sister. 

I agree it would be nice, if everyone would act decently online all the time! But that's just sadly not realistic.

I think we all have times in our lives where we wanna call someone a whore or a *****. It's just so much easier to do online. When it real life you wouldn't have the balls. But since it's just through a computer screen.. kinda dulls the significance of stuff like that.

Plus I do agree people should be considerate because this is nanno's place of work pretty much. I already established that your correct that tx was out of line in what he said about nanno.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:12pm
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:14pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
^Exactly what happens when you're so antagonistic about (almost) everything. 

If someone is insulting someone else, that doesn't mean you need to insult them back. 

(Feel free to be "blown away" by my opinion)

Note: I'm not saying anything about the thing you're responding to. The point is, you don't need to add to the fire. It's ironic that in responding to tx's posts, which you felt made bad assumptions, you yourself included bad assumptions.

(I'm primarily talking about the post with the message to me in it. I'm proud of the posts before it, assuming they weren't significantly different before being edited.)

edit 1: Added the note and the parenthetical after it.

edit 2: Toned my own post down, removing "Seriously, tone it down already." How ironic. : )
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:29pm
Re: playing with two accounts (like in the old galcon) :: Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:26pm

Admiral markuson

@markuson: 

Man, I do disagree to a certain extent. It is detached from real life. Lots of people who are decent people in real life act like total douches online. While that may a good view of their inner-character..I don't judge them to hard for how they treat random people through a computer screen. The fact that they wouldn't be that way to you in real life, compared to if they did that in real life is a big diffrence there so no. I do not see this as serious as a guy being a perve to my sister. 

I agree it would be nice, if everyone would act decently online all the time! But that's just sadly not realistic.

I think we all have times in our lives where we wanna call someone a whore or a *****. It's just so much easier to do online. When it real life you wouldn't have the balls. But since it's just through a computer screen.. kinda dulls the significance of stuff like that.

Plus I do agree people should be considerate because this is nanno's place of work pretty much. I already established that your correct that tx was out of line in what he said about nanno.  

You mention the manner in which we treat random people.  Concrete, if you could just convince yourself to remove the word "random" from that sentence, I think we'd be closer in views.  My stance is that people are people.  The way I treat RANDOM people...people for whom I don't have vested or self interest...is the better indicator of my character.  Treating people we know we'll have to personally deal with later...is easier...because there might be heck to pay if we don't.  -So our self-interest motivates us to be nicer.  But how do we treat people we don't know, and will likely never see face to face? I contend that THESE instances reveal  who we really are...Because there is no vested interest.  How do we treat strangers? Would we step into the burning car for a stranger?  I literally have...and maybe you would too. -If we would step into a burning car to help a stranger, then maybe it isn't silly to also treat strangers here with the kind of respect we would in person.

As for random... OK. Let's go with that: Nanno is hardly random.  I consider her a friend, albeit a distant, limited one.  I've never seen, nor met her.  But neither have I seen nor met Wynand...who I regularly communicate with.  I am reading two books he recommended...yet I have never met him and have no idea what he even looks like.

All players here are just as real as Nanno or Wynand.  I wish more people would remember that...Because I think if they did, we would start to see more decent behavior.

Obviously there isn't going to be some mass movement or change from Internet tendencies to be rude, etc.  But that doesn't mean I should stop trying to influence things here.  This IS real life. These ARE real people. And while they may be better prepared to deflect hurtful comments because it's "the Internet..." I think we should never use that as an excuse to excuse horrible treatment here.
post updated on Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:32pm

Page 9 / 10 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

This thread is closed.