Galcon 2 launched on Desktop and Steam and the iOS App Store! 390 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 5 1   2   3   4   5 

Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:46pm

Cabin Boy godlyatheist

Markuson is the absolute worst admin possible. He is an ignoramus who abuses his power. I came in to a room and when we started playing a game this person suicides me and back stabbed me. I got mad and started calling him names. Fine. My bad. Markuson told me off and then I didn't say another insult. I can't stress this enough, I DIDN'T insult anyone else. Later on Markuson and this Morpheus fellow started to talk about me and Markuson said something along the lines of "what's annoying is 17 year olds who think they know everything about theology(NOT)." to which I responded "Markuson give me one reason you believe in god", he said no and I said then don't bring up theology if you have no argument for a silly imaginary sky daddy. This is where he muted me. He got mad at what I said and he was the one who started the argument. Blatant abuse of power. He said I would be muted for 5 minutes, then went on to have me muted for 10 minutes. After he unmuted me I confronted him about the mute and that he brought up religion not me. he told me my name brings up the theological debate. I don't think I have to describe how flawed that is. he also told me its because of my name calling. Well I didnt name call anyone after he told me off. So that argument is void. This kind of thinking is only capable of a mentally deficient old conservative bigot... (Well What do you know Markuson fits that description aptly). He went on to mute me yet again for asking him about my mute and he gave me no reason for this. I don't care if Markuson has been a good admin to date. He has wronged me. A paying customer. And has abused his administrative abilities. There is no excuses for his mute. And I want His powers revoked.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:13pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Markuson is the absolute worst admin possible.

First off, I've read your post in its entirety. I agree, assuming what you say is true, that he was wrong to mute you. But this is an absolute overreaction. Unless you're another player under a new name who has had previous problems with Markuson, I can't seem to equate in my head a wrong 10 minute mute to equal the "absolute worst admin possible", "an ignoramus who abuses his power", and "a mentally deficient old conservative bigot". It strikes me as vastly exaggerated. Which leads to question possible exaggeration elsewhere.

That being said, again, if what you say is so, it shouldn't have happened either way. When Nanno sees this she'll deal with it as she sees fit. I'm sorry for your trouble, and appreciate you making us aware of your concerns (though a PM to Nanno would probably have been slightly more appropriate).
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:20pm

Cabin Boy melek

Your name is a bomb, change it =)

It will only bring hate and stuff lol.

As to markuson if he did that well it isn't such a big deal, but he kind of provoked you the second time. I'm not commenting on it since I'm uncertain.

Just change your name as a friendly advice =)
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:50pm

1 Stripe Admiral markuson

Your name is a bomb, change it =)

It will only bring hate and stuff lol.

As to markuson if he did that well it isn't such a big deal, but he kind of provoked you the second time. I'm not commenting on it since I'm uncertain.

Just change your name as a friendly advice =)

First things first:
(added here from later post bc it should have come sooner)-

I didn't bring up ANY theological question.
People commented regarding annoying posts, and I said, in reference to your propensity to dog people over your atheism, that it was annoying.  And it is.
I did NOT bring up ANY theological argument. I simply stated that it is annoying when you do.   So what was your response? -You immediately started demanding proof of god, insulting the concept of belief, etc...which frankly just  illustrated my point.  YOU...went into theology. All I did was try to discourage you from doing so.

This is a guy calling people "homo"...and just LOOKING for arguments...constantly bringing up God this...you're stupid if you believe god that...

As his name obviously implies...he is a person who seeks to rile, seeks to annoy, and annoy he does.

I've seen him angrily and repeatedly DEMAND again nd again that people give proof for the existence of god...BLAH BLAH BLAH...WHILE WE'RE TRYING O PLAY GALCON...demanding they defend thir belief...over and over and over, ad nauseum.

Dude! 
There are plenty of religious forums for you to spew your 17-year-old "wisdom" in theological thought.  But Galcon is not the place.  When you make a nuissance of yourself over religion...angrily demanding people defend their belief in god, etc, while they are trying to enjoy playing Galcon...don't be surprised if admins keep you on a shorter cord.
That is NOT what in-game chat is for.  Take it somewhere else.

In other words...people just looking for trouble...eventually find it.  "GodlyAtheist" looks for it...and finds it with regularity.

I have let him yammer on before, but it gets old.  Wasn't gonna go there again.

I muted him after warning him about calling names including the above.  But foul language or name calling is not the only thing worthy of mute. When a person habitually seeks to get people embroiled in nonsense arguments...that's just not helpful, and detracts from the game.

Was he on a bit shorter leash than the typical player? Yep!  
Does past "performance" influence the level of admin patience? Absolutely.
Should I apologize for a five minute mute of a guy calling people "homo"...in addition to habitually seeking to annoy people calling them stupid, etc?

NOPE.

Out.

Markuson

PS.  Go and re-read his own post, and then ask why he feels fellow Galcon players should be subjected to his insults over religion.  This was AFTER he'd been warned about name-calling, etc:

"to which I responded "Markuson give me one reason you believe in god", he said no and I said then don't bring up theology if you have no argument for a silly imaginary sky daddy."

Is this really necessary?  
Should Galcon players have to read insults of religion...ANY religion...in-game?

The answer is... No.  They shouldn't.  Period.
This is not the place. And if you continue insulting people over such things in-game...expect more mutes.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 2:13pm
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:24am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Who are you to say how someone can use chat? If I want to talk about the haunted watermelon mansion of venus 5, I'll talk about it. If the neptunians don't like to hear about it, they can focus on the game. No ones making you read what he says. If you think he's wrong, you explain why his beliefs of theology are wrong; you shouldn't insult him and then mute him when he brings it up. Galcon isn't a religion-free zone. If he's playing teams and isn't capable of doing both at the same time, then he should stop talking. But until that happens, he should be able to talk about whatever he wants, whether it annoys you or not.

Your job as admin is not to make chat the most peaceful and happy place in the world. Your job is to make sure players' rights are maintained. Players have the right to use chat. You violated that right.

I agree completely with godlyatheist. (His conclusion is of course excessive.)

@godlyatheist: I do agree you should probably change your username. All you're going to do is annoy people. 

Shortened version: Players have the right to discuss religion, both in favor and against. If you aren't interested in the conversation, don't participate in it. (You know, exactly what you would do as a regular player)

edit: Noted that I don't agree with atheist's final conclusion that markuson needs to be deadmined.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:25am
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:36am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
@Marky: While obviously we weren't there and don't know. Markuson appears to be implying that he was airing on the side of pestering. While you can generally talk about whatever you want in chat (within obvious boundaries), you really shouldn't pester people excessively with it. This can cross a line.

Not to say he was, both sides seem firm in their belief that they're right, and it's not my place to judge. But both could be right if what they say is true. It's not quite that black and white.

Also, I 3rd (or 4th?) the suggestion for a name change if you want to stay out of any future trouble like this. Just a suggestion though.

Edit: This was to the first post by the two of them. Nothing to do with their off topic internal squabbles.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:39am
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:59am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Don't touch my post. It's on-topic and completely appropriate. 

And if atheist is not telling the truth, I'd expect you to say such. You responding but not refuting his claims implicitly is acknowledgement of it as truth. If he is lying, please say so. 

edit: Added the second block.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:01am
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:10am

He is completely ignoring his weeks-long history of aggressively going after people ove a period of days...demanding they defend god...calling them stupid if they believe...using insulting terms over and over.  Last week there were literally three players begging me to mute or kick him.  This is his history and his pattern...and the reason he chose his screen name.  In his own post he quotes himself demanding I say why anyone should believe in a "sky daddy...blah blah blah." My answer was that I wasn't going to argue about it.  And I shouldn't have.

He is a problem...looking or problems...and there is a history of it here.

Frankly I do NOT think every claim from some muted player should have to be trotted out on the forums.  It is not my job to go through every complainers post...point for endless point. THAT...is EXACTLY what he demends from people in-game, and the crux of what makes him a problem to other players...so I see no reason to play along here as well.

In any event, there is history here.  So my comment about a 17-year-old theologian was true.  It is annoying...it is deliberate, and chi-ro and Melek have the sense to give me the benefit of doubt here.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:13am
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:51am

Cabin Boy godlyatheist

Markuson what part of you brought up Theology not me do you not understand? I didn't say anything about it, I didn't argue with you about it. I DIDN'T BRING IT UP.YOU DID. now as for the name calling I understand that was my fault, after you warned me I didn't say a single thing. You got mad at me for something you started.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:55am

Cabin Boy godlyatheist

And I understand what your saying about exaggerations but, this is not an exaggeration. Excuse my vitrioloic character assassination but i was very angry and it shows. I've been dealing with Markuson for the last week, he looks to argue with people. He Always questions my wisdom when I'm having an intellectual debate, and it doesn't have to be about religion. Once I was arguing over aggressive playing and he got mad at me he started saying I had no idea what I was talking about. And he has been the #1 player in the world. Blah blah blah, just being a pain.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:04am

Cabin Boy godlyatheist

Also I'd like to address that I don't ask anyone for their opinion on religion. They bring it up to me. Take for instance, this monguesto person. He told me that DNA violates the laws of entropy *facepalm* I mean what do you expect me to do? Let people continue to have these false conceptions. I don't care what other people think. It is Markuson and others who constantly antagonize me about my atheism.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:37am

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
Guys, this is ridiculous. Godlyatheist, I'm disabling your name for being overly provocative. You also need to fix your attitude toward theistic religions. Many, many people believe in a deity, and for you to refer to a deity as "a silly imaginary sky daddy" is insulting on many levels. You don't have to believe in God, but you also should not insult people who do. Leave them alone. 

You also have not had your rights violated since no one has a "right" to chat. It's a privilege. You lost it for a few minutes. Who cares. Get over it already. 

Markuson, if you were the one to bring up religion and theology, don't do it again. Ask the guy to please change his name, and just send me a private message if it offends you, but you don't need to bring up the implications of his name (if you were indeed the one who brought it up). You also need to not provoke people by saying things along the lines of "17-year-olds who think they know something about theology" etc. That's just bound to get you into trouble. 

I swear everyone would get along much better if you all chatted less and played more.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:16pm

Markuson what part of you brought up Theology not me do you not understand? I didn't say anything about it, I didn't argue with you about it. I DIDN'T BRING IT UP.YOU DID. now as for the name calling I understand that was my fault, after you warned me I didn't say a single thing. You got mad at me for something you started.

I didn't bring up ANY theological question.
People commented regarding annoying posts, and I said, in reference to your propensity to dog people over your atheism, that it was annoying.  And it is.
I did NOT bring up ANY theological argument. I simply stated that it is annoying when you do.   So what was your response? -You immediately started demanding proof of god, insulting the concept of belief, etc...which frankly just  illustrated my point.  YOU...went into theology. All I did was try to discourage you from doing so.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 2:13pm
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:52pm

Cabin Boy LjuboM

Guys, this is ridiculous. Godlyatheist, I'm disabling your name for being overly provocative.

why is his name provocative??
It was just geniously cool!
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:14pm

Cabin Boy diebkstabber

I'm not sure if god exists or not, but I love bacon!! And if there is a heaven, I hope it's on the menu!!!
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:39pm

Cabin Boy democritus

Nanno Stop now. Reinstate my name. This is discrimination. If my name had been something along the lines of "Christian" or "catholic" i can almost guarantee it wouldn't be considered provocative. I'm proud of my atheism, and its part of me for you to tell me it's provocative is ridiculous and insensitive. And also if Markuson is allowed to comment on my atheism then he better expect I will retaliate back. I'm not going to sit here and listen to a 44 year old man berate a teenager. I didn't bring up god. So please stop insinuating that I did.

Stop lying Markuson  you brought up theology not me With your little off handed comment that had nothing to do with what was going on. It was your way to include a little snarky remark at my atheism.
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:41pm

Ensign tycho2

I am an atheist also, I am proud of it also. But I won't get it in my head to make such a username. Jesus.christ is a username that got banned also. it's not that big of a deal.

Tycho
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:46pm

Nanno Stop now. Reinstate my name. This is discrimination. If my name had been something along the lines of "Christian" or "catholic" i can almost guarantee it wouldn't be considered provocative. I'm proud of my atheism, and its part of me for you to tell me it's provocative is ridiculous and insensitive. And also if Markuson is allowed to comment on my atheism then he better expect I will retaliate back. I'm not going to sit here and listen to a 44 year old man berate a teenager. I didn't bring up god. So please stop insinuating that I did.

Stop lying Markuson  you brought up theology not me With your little off handed comment that had nothing to do with what was going on. It was your way to include a little snarky remark at my atheism.

I never lie, chum.
I did bring up your  annoying tendency to go on about theology, but did NOT go into ANY theological questions at all.  Read your own quote of me! Sheesh.
post updated on Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:48pm
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:46pm

Cabin Boy democritus

I am an atheist also, I am proud of it also. But I won't get it in my head to make such a username. Jesus.christ is a username that got banned also. it's not that big of a deal.

Tycho

What are you talking about?  Jesus Christ is offensive because that's THE god of the Christian religion. You can't claim your Jesus for the hell of it. It's rude to other Christians.  I'm not giving myself such a title. GodlyAtheist isn't even close to being the same as that?

And before you cite the Godly in my name. It can mean superior, devout, etc etc
Re: Revocation of Markuon's administrative abilities :: Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:47pm

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
I'm not reinstating your name, and as this is MY game, I'll discriminate as much as I like. Tycho2 is right... I disabled the name "Jesus.Christ" along with several other religiously-oriented names that I deemed inappropriate. Some things attract too much of the wrong kind of attention. Get over it. You have lots of other usernames to choose from.

Page 1 / 5 1   2   3   4   5 

You must sign in to post.