Galcon Karaoke Party! Saturday, August 23th
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Misc. :: IDEA

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 9:10am

Cabin Boy kalenshah

As we all know, the galcon lobby shows the number of wins that player has won. 
Well, my idea is an update which allows all to see how many losses each player has, and possibly a percentage win rate for the player and the length of time the player has been in the lobby for. This would be especially useful in teams and can be used to prevent stacking.

Any suggestions?
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 9:12am

Ensign LjuboM

niicee
+1

Roxie, i saw it too :)
i posted and you were bellow me...
post updated on May 13, 2012 @ 9:16am
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 9:12am

Cabin Boy roxie

Interesting. Not really needed, but I like the idea.

How did ljubom post at the same time as me?
post updated on May 13, 2012 @ 9:13am
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 10:32am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I like the idea, but I'm not sold on actually implementing it.

I feel like this would have negative effects in FFA, but if it could be implemented only in teams it could be fun.
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 5:56pm

Cabin Boy rhyperior

I have a similar idea, though it wouldn't be visible in-game. I believe career wins, and losses to be a very good idea(Maybe throw a career win ratio in there)
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 7:03pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Well, I disapprove of a career ratio, but not enough to complain if it is added. It's just a personal issue with that type of thing.
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 7:37pm

Cabin Boy socratic

You can yap all you want about updates and stuff. I'm not holding you back. But arguing things like these are clearly useless seeing as the DEVELOPER left Galcon. We spent years asking for stuff to happen, and it never did. It's all just talk now, and if anything were to change it would be a miracle. Hate to be the downer here, but I state only the facts.
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 8:05pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
^Pretty sure that's a direct copy/paste from what someone's said before. (If it isn't, it's very close)
Re: IDEA :: May 13, 2012 @ 9:37pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You can yap all you want about updates and stuff. I'm not holding you back. But arguing things like these are clearly useless seeing as the DEVELOPER left Galcon. We spent years asking for stuff to happen, and it never did. It's all just talk now, and if anything were to change it would be a miracle. Hate to be the downer here, but I state only the facts.

You've been here since what? 2010? Yes I'm sure you know much better than us the state of the game and how likely an update is.

Phil will "update" the game again, be that an update or new version. Stop complaining about it. We're all well aware of the current state of Galcon.
Re: IDEA :: May 14, 2012 @ 2:01am

Cabin Boy kalenshah

^Pretty sure that's a direct copy/paste from what someone's said before. (If it isn't, it's very close)

Nope, 100% mine. If there has been a similar post to this previously, sorry.
Re: IDEA :: May 14, 2012 @ 2:22am

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Not your post, socratic's. Silly kalenshah.

edit: Disambiguated a tiny bit. "Silly" -> "Silly kalenshah"
post updated on May 14, 2012 @ 2:24am
Re: IDEA :: May 14, 2012 @ 10:22am

2 Stripe Admiral mafl

Nothing will happens here, because the chiefprogrammer  touches since 14 or 16 months not the code of galcon. Okay there was a Retina Display Update for ipad3!

All our comments and ideas are blowen in the Wind. 

There is always the advantage of pc/Mac Players with Box Selection, AMD percentage Switch with mousewheel. And i saw for a few days the different programmed ships Out of the planet flying style.

At iPad the ships fly parallel Out of a planet, if there is a plc Player, the ships fly straight, more crisscross', so ships reach next Planet faster and hit harder. Wie tested this in a special 1vs 1 Situation, One Planet vs. Planet Same sice, always pc Players wins. His ships go faster Out of his planet, and the doubleklickspeed is much faster than at iPad. At iPad the Speed of doubleklickspeed is limited by the iOS!

Greetings 
MAFL
post updated on May 14, 2012 @ 10:24am
Re: IDEA :: May 15, 2012 @ 10:14am

Cabin Boy khubilai

In response to the idea. It actually needs to be implemented. How many wins a player has had in a room is irrelevant really. 10/10 and 10/100 are vastly different numbers I'm sure you'll agree, but they appear the same at the moment.

As for the point about the game being updated, yeah, it doesn't happen. So no matter how good the idea is, it won't be implemented.
Re: IDEA :: May 15, 2012 @ 11:20am

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
You guys really don't understand do you? Oh well, it's been explained enough times. If you really see no hope for the game, just leave. <3

As to the actual idea, my biggest worry is this leading to aggression. If you see someone 15/4 or something what are you going to want to do next round? Eliminate them as quickly as possible. It punishes someone doing well to a small extent. This is really only a FFA issue though, I see no problem in teams.
Re: IDEA :: May 16, 2012 @ 9:45am

Cabin Boy tim_saxton

Deputy
Guys, I absolutely have faith that we will one day see an update for this game. I have no doubts at all. But it will take time and patience. I am sure Phil and Nanno are smart enough to understand that this community is a resource for them, they won't let it go, but like any artist you sometimes need to focus on other projects for a time. 

...in the mean time keep playing!!!

(and yes I can admit to (at times) being slightly annoyed at the lack of updates - but I have faith now)
post updated on May 16, 2012 @ 9:50am
Re: IDEA :: May 16, 2012 @ 1:11pm

Captain detroitfan13

@Malf, I play on both PC and iPad, the differences between the two does not make the PC user some sort of a advanced user. I say that because you're kind of making it sound that way. I am definitely more effective on PC then on my iPad when trying to use percentages, but I would say I can be faster on my iPad. In my opinion, I am still just as a effective player on both.
Re: IDEA :: May 16, 2012 @ 1:16pm

Cabin Boy melek

Guys, I absolutely have faith that we will one day see an update for this game. I have no doubts at all. But it will take time and patience. I am sure Phil and Nanno are smart enough to understand that this community is a resource for them, they won't let it go, but like any artist you sometimes need to focus on other projects for a time. 

...in the mean time keep playing!!!

(and yes I can admit to (at times) being slightly annoyed at the lack of updates - but I have faith now)

Yeah man when galcon becomes open source
Re: IDEA :: May 16, 2012 @ 3:14pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
Open-sourcing sure would be cool. I highly doubt it'll happen any time soon, but it sure would be cool. (Open-sourcing classic galcon would even be cool. I'd like to tinker with improving the bots more again in a real environment.)
Re: IDEA :: May 16, 2012 @ 3:14pm

Cabin Boy cr0w

melek said ...
Yeah man when galcon becomes open source

when it does i just need it to go for android...

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.