:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Galcon Fusion :: Teams :: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread

You must sign in to post.

Page 6 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:20pm

Cabin Boy rhyperior

1v1 is a joke?
You must have never 1v1ed a good player.
Seriously, have can you say such a thing?

I've 1v1'd enough to know it is quite frankly THE WORST gamemode in the game. Does nothing but build egos, and raise rank.
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:25pm

Commander LjuboM

9:23pm  <yusuke> losing all the time and some of winners told him that he's bad...that's how he defines "ego"
9:23pm   i guess some people just cant accept things
9:24pm  <yusuke> too bad, it's not only a "thing" but a fact </yusuke></yusuke>
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:41pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
J/k step your game up chi-ro 

Has anyone wondered if chi-ro is actually nanno undercover :0 it would totaaallly make sense

Lol I figured, but I could honestly see similar words coming from Zen's mouth if he was particularly upset or something.

Also, Nanno is the bestest person ever. She never messes up, she's never wrong, and you should all just do what she says forever. I wish I could be more like her... <3s
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:52pm

Cabin Boy ak.inhumane

Tav IS Tav. 

And also, I'm not sure when guill asked for teaching (I'd love to see screenshots).

Third. Opinion is opinion. If they want to think something of you or me it's their problem, not ours. 

Fourth: In my opinion speed doesn't show skill at all.

Actually, I showed guilotes how to move ships faster, dunno if it helped or not, but he was impressed. Tav is just a random player, I now remember him. If Deception spams his imaginary opinion, he should expect a comeback. 

If speed doesn't show skill at all, then sorry sir, but you are stupid.
post updated on Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:55pm
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:16pm

Cabin Boy krazykyler98

Sad I have to use dart as an example (AGAIN).
Look at him, how many people here still call him a complete noob? 
He's fast, yes. But does that mean he has the tactics to actually win a game? No.

On the contrary, look.... JUST look at ionizedfire. He kicks everyone's butt in the room, and he's not the fastest person in the world. Look at strangelove, diebkstabber, and others. They DON'T strive to be fast and still average a good rank. Now please. 

I didn't give my opinion except for on speed. 

If someone doesn't think you're the best THEY CAN think that if they so desire, it's not like they will change their mind. 

Now that I'm done here, I leave you with these words: If you spam your imaginary opinion, you should expect a comeback.
post updated on Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:58pm
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:38pm

Cabin Boy ak.sidekick

It's true. I usually play better when I'm slower, because it gives me much more time to think.
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:22pm

Cabin Boy ak.inhumane

When its the same level of gameplay, its ALL about speed and intensity. Thats how you destroy your enemy, leaving him with tears. OFCOURSE you need to be literally good to excell, its not JUST about speed, but the reason why dart can get past green flag is because of his speed.
post updated on Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:24pm
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:40am

Ensign Nanno

The Queen Bee
aK.inhumane, can you please stop using this thread as a platform to boast about your skills! I'm quite tempted to close down this thread (or actually delete it) and shut your whole clan down as well. The thing is a sad joke. All you guys do is puff yourselves up and put others down. It's getting very tiresome. Being the "best" at the game has nothing to do with skills and everything to do with good sportsmanship. When are you people going to learn that?
NEED BANNER! :: Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:33pm

Cabin Boy ak.rookie

ATTENTION!

Need a cool banner for front page, anyone who can design one for us will get their name credited along with it :)
post updated on Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:37pm
Re: NEED BANNER! :: Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:59pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
[DISCLAIMER]

This is a complete joke. I don't care for the clan, what it stands for, or how it's run. I don't mind the people in it, but I disagree whole heartedly with blatant elitism.

This Banner is making fun of you.

[/DISCLAIMER]

That being said, you can use it if you'd like. ;)

Re: NEED BANNER! :: Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:22pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
I like the usage of rhyme. It could use some more red of course.
Re: NEED BANNER! :: Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:24pm

Cabin Boy melek

It could use some more red of course.

made my night <3
Re: NEED BANNER! :: Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:29pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Eh artistically I've run into the issue of saturating something with too much of a single color before. It never works. ;)
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:44pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Alright, time to explain some issues of Galcon.

1st. "Best" vs. Tier Theory

Alright, this is something I've been debating with people for years, since sometime near the middle or toward the end of IA Galcon's life. So it's nothing new, the Tier Theory has been around for quite some time. Sadly when IA shut down so did the original forums and all productive reasoning and debate building this theory. But I still remember the most of it.

The basis of this theory, is that there has never been, is not now, and will never be a "best" player in Galcon. The very essence of Galcon doesn't allow the position to exist in any provable manner.

Why?

The way Galcon is made, maps are random. No matter how good you are, if you're playing against someone of relatively equal skill the largest factor in the game will usually be who has the better spawn (luck). It's a simple fact. The argument that spawns don't matter are only applicable to FFA and players with a large enough skill differential that the better player can overcome the bad spawn and the other isn't good enough yet to stop it.

There are also other factors that play into this, how warmed up or rusty you are, misclicks, etc. People have good and bad games naturally as well. No matter how good you are, anyone around the same skill level can beat you given the right circumstances. Likewise, you could beat them. 

Now what is Tier Theory?

Tier Theory essentially is the idea that as someone from around the same skill level with luck factored in can always beat someone else from around that same level. Taking that into account, there simply cannot be a definable "best" play as someone given the right circumstances will always be able to beat them. So Tier Theory splits up players abilities into tiers. It groups players of the same general skill level into a tier of that skill level. From the worst up. Any one person should be able to beat any other person in their tier or vise versa on any given day. Once you get to a point there is a top tier. A tier that simply has yet to be passed. It's where most respectable "pro" players are. At the top tier you've got a firm understanding of game strategy, you're fast, and skilled. You could play any of the game modes (doesn't matter which), but you've pretty much reached the peak of that mode. Given the right circumstances you could beat anyone else of this tier, and vise versa.

This takes into account outside factors like luck in spawns, if you're rusty or have warmed up, as so on.

Tier Theory also generally doesn't drop players from the top tier. The core of it is your knowledge of the game. Speed and accuracy can be regained and rust shaken off, as long as you retain your knowledge of strategy and tactics, once top tier always top tier. This is shown when "legendary" players of past often come back and after a short time are already giving top tier people a run for their money.

With this theory, past or present no one is best. Nor is the current top tier better than the past, or the past better than the present. The oldies aren't better than you now, and you'll never be better than they were.

This is where it gets spicy when people start romping around calling themselves the "best". It's simply untrue, and can never be proven. There will always be someone who can beat you in your tier.

Now that my issues with your clan are primarily explained lets touch on Elitism.

Elitism - And why people don't like aK

e·lit·ism
n. 1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

"This is a pro-team that will consist of the overall best players for fusion and igalcon. In order to join you will have to beat one of the members, or be acknowledged by other players as being a pro."

You're essentially saying, "we're the best if you're not in aK you're not as good as us". It's pure elitism and people don't like being treated as inferior. That on top if Tier Theory which states that there is simply no definable "best" at all. People get pretty ****ed. No one likes being looked down upon to such an extent. 

Also, the idea of being knocked out of aK was a complete joke. Based off of the Tier Theory anyone could be knocked out by anyone else of the same general skill level given the right circumstances. I really didn't think you'd actually do it, again, it was a joke. But when you accepted it only added to you arrogance and elitism. It's saying, we believe that we're so much better than you, that you simply can't beat us. Laughing in the face of tiers. And as you can see, rubbing almost everyone in the community the wrong way.

No one likes aK. You're going about clans the wrong way. When I was explaining all of this to Zen he brought something up that I hadn't thought about. Clans are a good way to give new players something to look up to. To promote fun games, with communities of friends, that encourage growth of newer players.

You're not doing that. If you want a clan that will be accepted by people. Make an open clan that lets more people in. You don't have to beat anyone to join, you just have to be a good player. Clans have no other purpose in this game. Not competition or anything. (But that's a different argument.) 

If you'll do this and help promote a fun friendly community rather than hostile elitism. I'll help provide a friendly and regular competition that clans or just groups of players can join together and compete in. I'll probably even throw in a prize or two for them. But I refuse to promote clans when your only purpose is to wear a tag that blatantly screams "I think I'm better than all of you".

That is the basics of Tier Theory, and why most people very much dislike your clan. 

TL;DR

Tiers: Factoring luck in the game, you simply cannot prove someone is the "best". Another person around the same skill level will always be able to beat them given the right circumstances. Thus skill levels translate into "Tiers" of players of which there is a top tier that most "pros" are at, where no one player is really definitively "better" than another.

Elitism: No one likes it when you act like you're better than everyone else.

Clan: Make your clan nice and accepted by the community, and I'll organize a set of regular competitions (with prizes).
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:47pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I hope that shed some light on a few things. =\
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:12pm

Cabin Boy marky1991

Deputy
That theory is nonsense in my opinion. Of course someone is best at galcon. Proving who it is may be impossible, but that doesn't mean that a best player doesn't exist.
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:31pm

Cabin Boy chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
I disagree. No one is so much better than anyone else that they fall out of this system. There are obviously some players in the top tier that are better than others, but if the difference isn't enough that the luck of a spawn decides a game it's not even worth considering.

It's not to say that a best cannot exist. But as it's impossible to prove, it's a waste of everyone's time and life to claim to be it or argue over it.

What you can prove is that these players are in the top tier of play. The theory isn't nonsense simply because no matter if there is a best or not, the tier system is still valid. It simply groups players by their general level of skill. A definable "best" player existing or not (which it doesn't) has no relevance to the actually system. They would still be within the top tier.
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:34pm

Cabin Boy inhumane.

Its the first time I've ever took the time to read such a long post. I like chi-ros post, and he is right. Although, I think rookie meant "We want all the top tier players in our clan" which is better then saying we're superior then everyone else. I thought aK would have been something like a clan that newer players would look up to, thats how I've always seen clans. And thats why I had alot of fun on IA, because my heart was always beating very fast when I was playing against an EGP player or TDW. (could you believe I almost passed out when I played against tomatzo88 to get in EGP ;D).

Anyways, nice post again chi-ro, our clan will be recruiting every player that have a knowledge of the game, and is willing to play up late with us and have fun.
post updated on Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:36pm
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:37pm

Cabin Boy inhumane.

That theory is nonsense in my opinion. Of course someone is best at galcon. Proving who it is may be impossible, but that doesn't mean that a best player doesn't exist.
I agree that there is a best player. Just can't be proven. You'll find opinions about who is the best in top 10 lists, thats the most accurate way you could tell who's the best.
post updated on Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:39pm
Re: aK.Acknowledge Team Thread :: Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:37pm

Commander LjuboM

EGP was in mess when i joined it, it was practicly only divljak that was active player.
But since i was in it went into good direction :P
and then i used the clan to make my own clan :D
haha evil me :)
post updated on Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:38pm

Page 6 / 7 1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

You must sign in to post.