Galcon 2 launched on Desktop and Steam and the iOS App Store! 357 players online!
:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Dynamite Jack :: Map Editor :: An Editing Question

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

An Editing Question :: May 15, 2012 @ 12:25pm

mudjmc

I'm messing aroung with the editor now, and I would like to "rotate" or create a "static" guard or enemy for a level. I have seen it done in the main game, and I was wondering how you do it. Everytime I place a guard they are always facing right. I don't want him to walk just stand still and guard an area. Same with lasers.
I'll keep playing around with it, as it is really fun. I will try to post more stuff soon.
Thank you.

Ok, it seems you can face objects like lasers and guards with just one arrow pointing in the direction you want. Maybe you can implement a "rotation" button. And I thought you could aim them diagonally too. hmmmmmm.
Last time I swear. I also noticed some objects or all of them...can't be placed on top of another. So it seems positioning is somewhat limited. Maybe the rotation button or an overlay for objects turned would be good idk. Please post or make this knowledge known in the tutorial vid or in the help section for others.

Here's also a few things that I think would be great if added.
Blocks that enemies can see and/or shoot through, but you can't destroy.
Immunity to any object. Like a box to turn whatever object invunerable.
A count down timer. So you die if the times up.
post updated on May 15, 2012 @ 4:31pm
Re: An Editing Question :: May 15, 2012 @ 5:59pm

philhassey

The Developer
Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about those things.  The editor is definitely pretty simple, so overlapping just isn't possible.  So you do have to space things carefully :)  Especially complex guard paths.

-Phil
Re: An Editing Question :: May 17, 2012 @ 6:04am

tinny

what i'd like to see:

* event triggers - when this event happens do this action eg. after X amount of kills create these objects
* items should be hidden where there is no light 
* more items eg. teleporter, more gates & keycards
* set different/multiple objectives eg. win by destroying a certain object/monster
* limited number of bombs. able to collect more
* gates that are able to reclose so that a bomb in one room doesnt alert every guard on the map.
* rename sniper to mad scientist, zombie to monster
* the map as a collectable item
Re: An Editing Question :: May 17, 2012 @ 12:56pm

mudjmc

@ tinny
Thumbs up for this!
post updated on May 17, 2012 @ 12:57pm
Re: An Editing Question :: May 17, 2012 @ 1:01pm

philhassey

The Developer
Here's a tip:

The "noguard" tile (red outline) can be used as a wall that guards can't go through.  That way you can keep guards in their zones even when gates are opened.

-Phil
Re: An Editing Question :: May 22, 2012 @ 6:40pm

mudjmc

Thanks Phil!
I didn't know about the "Noguard" block and what it did. I'll have to mess around with it now lol.
Btw, is there a way to "update" a submitted map? Or maybe delete an old one and replace it? Or would I just have to make a new map and not worry about the old one?
Thanks
Re: An Editing Question :: May 24, 2012 @ 4:26pm

philhassey

The Developer
You can update an old map by just re-sharing it.  Resharing will reset the ratings and leaderboards, just so you know :)

-Phil
Re: An Editing Question :: Nov 8, 2012 @ 10:55am

nicosu

+1 for Tinny's suggestions 

And I add:
*Line and rectangle drawing tool
*More floor textures (e.g. grass and various indoor flooring for regular houses)
*Fixing this texture issue  http://www.galcon.com/forums/47/50/6614/?cur=0#120459 

*How to add favourite community maps? Are the ones you rate placed as favourites? (I have not rated any yet) 
I would anyway like to see a simple button under "More":  "Add *name of map* to Your Favorite Maps"

End note: I do respect that the editor shall remain simple (ie. very little/no multi-layering).

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.