:: Community ::
ForumsMessagesGroupsChat (1)Friends

Forums :: Dynamite Jack :: Community Maps :: New map: Forethought

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

New map: Forethought :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 6:35am

tmagus

I've just shared another map called "Forethought". I think it's fairly hard, but it's short once you know how to beat it. If you get stuck here is the spoiler video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5FstUqXbs
Re: New map: Forethought :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 7:40am

major-pob

Wow, nice puzzle, as usual from you.
I found the solutions to everything (after losing a lot of lives), except how to gather the crystals in the room with scientists and a zombie. I tried to "call" the guard, hoping he would push the zombie right despite the light in the corridor, so I could kill it (the zombie) without blowing the white tech, but it didn't work. So after that I made a speed run without fetching any crystals.
I will think again about the white room before watching the spoiler...
post updated on Jun 24, 2012 @ 7:41am
Re: New map: Forethought :: Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:44pm

tmagus

The crystals in the white room are very difficult. I originally was going to use a "call the guards" type puzzle, but went with a trick I haven't used before.
Re: New map: Forethought :: Jun 25, 2012 @ 8:18am

major-pob

OK, I gave up thinking and watched the spoiler.
First, it's funny but I don't proceed like you at the beginning (I was wondering what was the use of the upper doors before I watched the video). Here's my method: I blow the red tech square, the red doors open, the zombie blocks the vertical beam, I put a bomb on the square just before the horizontal beam, I go back up, the guard comes and goes, I speed behind him and go right. When he's gone, the two zombies block the beams and I take the crystal and go down.
About the white room, as you can neither blow a bomb inside nor get the zombie out of it, I finally tried to flicker the lamp but got zapped instantly, so I forgot it. Seems I've not been quick enough! Well done for the idea. After watching the video, I tried to reproduce it but quickly gave up.
And for the final part, in my play the guard doesn't come back, probably because of the doors still locked that makes the square count to him higher so he doesn't hear.
Well, congratulations again for the map!
post updated on Jun 25, 2012 @ 8:57am
Re: New map: Forethought :: Jul 9, 2012 @ 5:18pm

major-pob

I DID IT!!!

After many trials and the loss of many lives, I managed to collect the two crystals in the white room.

And after another bunch of trials, I managed to do it without dying!

YIPEE!!!  =D

I just regret I didn't learn before how to record a replay... ;)
post updated on Jul 9, 2012 @ 5:19pm

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.