Forums :: Other Games :: emoj.io :: I finally played for about an hour

You must sign in to post.

Page 1 / 1 1 

I finally played for about an hour :: Oct 15, 2016 @ 6:10pm

chi-ro

Clan: Galconicorn

Under-Sheriff
Really fun!

Great work on this one! As someone who is part of your target audience (I've played and enjoyed a good hand full of the .io games) I was pleasantly surprised with how well emoj.io plays. The premise really didn't grab me, watching the trailer weeks ago I liked the emoji theme, but not really the PAC-MAN styled gameplay. In the end I kind of shelved it in my mind. But, I got bored today, saw the banner on the site again and decided to give it a fair shot. I really think it's well made, and honestly I even enjoyed it more than some of the other really big .io games.

The controls feel a little slow and clunky, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. In the end, I probably wont dump money into it, I wont play it every day, but I will be back to play more and I'll definitely enjoy doing it.

Thanks for making a really fun game Phil!

P.S. Can you add a button to play again when you die that doesn't send you back to the menu first? It's kind of a bummer to have to click through twice if I don't want to change my name/emoji.
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Oct 16, 2016 @ 11:56am

chi-ro

Under-Sheriff
Played again, a couple notes. Tried it on the controller today, feels better than the keyboard did, but you can't use it in the menu and swapping back in forth is a little annoying when you're laid back on your chair or couch chilling out. I also unlocked my second free emoji and it was the same as the first, so that was pretty disappointing. Still had fun though.
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Oct 17, 2016 @ 7:51am

philhassey

The Developer
Thanks, I'm gonna try and improve the controller support, and I will consider some of the other things too.

-Phil
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Oct 25, 2016 @ 7:03pm

birvine

Clan: Teamsters

I've played for about an hour as well.  My thoughts:

First off, fantastical game!  From a gameplay perspective, it's REALLY fun and addicting.  I did immediately notice there's no music whatsoever, which seems odd since it's an app game and not a web game like the other io games.  

I am running into technical issues though, about 75% of the time I have severe latency and rubber band effects, even when I'm on my wifi.  If I'm on 4G there's almost no chance it seems to work.  I am on an older Iphone 4S though, so that may be the problem.

Overall, awesome!
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Oct 26, 2016 @ 8:42am

philhassey

The Developer
Thanks ... What's your ping to: speedtest.newark.linode.com ?

-Phil
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Nov 1, 2016 @ 1:14am

esparano

Clan: iElite

I tried it too.  Pretty fun!  I only ran into 2 or 3 other humans though, so I mostly just hunted bots until I found another human to duel.  

My only suggestion is to consider removing "regret" from the list of possible auto-generated name suffixes.  It leads to some odd combinations.
Re: I finally played for about an hour :: Nov 15, 2016 @ 11:37pm

birvine

Clan: Teamsters

Hey Phil -- 

Completely forgot about this.  The lag appears to be random and are isolated incidents, maybe 1 in 25 games it happens.  So it either corrected itself or was a fluke.  For reference though, my DL is 16 mbps and UL is 6 mbps.

Page 1 / 1 1 

You must sign in to post.